100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Any huntclub members?

What is the course like? Have a friend who's dad can get us on... but what is it like? not sure hot much its going to cost us so anyone know tht as well? is it worth it? Said something about a discounted rate... not sure how much

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Someone should warn the course now...

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Hunt Club

I'm not a Hunt Club member, but I get to play there at least once a year. I believe last year it was around $90ish, however, not 100% sure because the member that I went with covered the cost.

On another note, they are pretty serious about their dress code. Your round will cost a lot more if you have to buy "suitable" clothing from the pro shop. Make sure you check out what's good and more importantly, what's not good.

http://www.ottawahuntclub.org
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

"Richard"
    also, thanks r2g2 but the way I dress on golf courses I could go clubbing after

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    It's a decent course, very well maintained and short i found. Overall a good time and i think it's around a hundred bucks to play.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    To my knowledge it costs members $70 to bring a guest (last years pricing)
    If you haven't been there expect to play 18 elevated greens, lots of bunkers and tight lies. The great part is you'll probably play 18 holes in under 4 hours.
    I wouldn't really consider a short course unless you are a long hitter. As far as dress code goes just make sure you don't wear clothes with advertising on them.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I played with my dad last year....he's not a member but can play their based on a reciprocal agreement with his club. It was $300+ for the two of us to play.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    I played with my dad last year....he's not a member but can play their based on a reciprocal agreement with his club. It was $300+ for the two of us to play.
    I'm not doubting what you paid, but did this include anything other than green fees? I know it doesn't cost members $150 to bring a guest. At $150 a pop there are better places to play.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yeah 300 bucks is tremendously high for that course even with carts.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I don't think so...perhaps a pull cart (we walked it) and one of their logo'd balls....actually, I was shocked when I saw the price, but he was paying so.....;-)

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    I'm a member at the Hunt.

Guests of members are $85 plus GST so it's $90.95. This has been the price for the last 2 years at least.

Members of other certain other private clubs that don't have free reciprocal arrangements with the Hunt can have their pro arrange to play the Hunt without a member, this is a non-sponsored guest and they pay somewhere around $150. I believe this is what jeffc did last year.

This is typical for non-sponsored guests. I had our pro arrange for me to play Capilano in Vancouver and it was over $200 each. Expensive yes, but considering normally without knowing a member you couldn't set foot on such private courses I just file it under the cost of a special outing.

Pull carts and range are included regardless of if you are sponsored or not. So are tees come to think of it.

Course is in fantastic shape, not sure when you plan to play but fairway aeration started this week.

It's an old style course, 27 holes, each 9 has a bit different feel to it, beautifully framed holes, mature trees, water in play on only 2 holes, many elevated greens, South 9 has lots of undulating fairways.

Wouldn't consider it overly short, depending what 18 you play, it's just under 6800 yards from the gold and 6400 from the blues.

Range alternates between grass and mats, get a day on the grass and you'll have a great practice session hitting off the bent grass. Depending on how far up the range markers are that day could be irons only.

Note that food and beverage is account only, no cash or credit card. So if you are a guest, the host member will be charging these things to his/her account or if you are a non-sponsored guest you could charge to your home club account. I mention this since it sounds like you don't directly know the person who is getting you on. My friends like the "free all you can eat and drink" aspect of playing with me at the Hunt.

Hope you enjoy your day there.

Thread Information