100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

18 is not enough

How odd this year, I am actually walking the course again, and still finding after 18 holes that I am keen for another 9 at least. Sitting at a desk a lot seemed to plaque me the last few years, to the point I had to take a power cart or my calf muscles would not make a full round. The difference seems pretty clear to me this year, and the answer to why it has changed seems rather clear as well to me now.

STAIRS.

Take the stairs, helps keep the calf muscles in shape (good for the heart too). I have my workshop in the basement, 2 floors down from my office upstairs. This year I sold my PC in the workshop, so I have to run upstairs to research stuff to fix the computer in the workshop. That combined with extra chores around the house has me jogging those flights of stairs dozens of times a day, and it seems to have been making a big difference, I almost feel in shape again.

Take to the stairs.

I did play 27 a few weeks back, and walked it all, but could barely get up those stairs after that, LOL.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I seldom walk a course. Most of the places I play charge green fees with power cart included. I used to walk everyday when I was a member at Rivermead when I lived in Ottawa, but now I prefer to cart. I don't even find that my legs get tired if I do walk though, it's my back and shoulders. I find once I get to the 14th hole my back is sore which hampers my ability to make a sound shot.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    When I played 36 in previous years I'd cart 18 of them. Last weekend (yeah, that was kinda stupid being out in the rain for 36) I got up early on Sunday to play 18 at Cloverdale with an associate. I beetled down the highway to join the Slammer Tour for the second 18 of the day. It only occurred to me on the 13th hole at Outaouais that I started carrying two years ago and was going to end up carrying for 36 holes for the first time. I was dragging on holes 33-36. Finished OK and went home straight to bed afterwards!!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    When I played 36 in previous years I'd cart 18 of them. Last weekend (yeah, that was kinda stupid being out in the rain for 36) I got up early on Sunday to play 18 at Cloverdale with an associate. I beetled down the highway to join the Slammer Tour for the second 18 of the day. It only occurred to me on the 13th hole at Outaouais that I started carrying two years ago and was going to end up carrying for 36 holes for the first time. I was dragging on holes 33-36. Finished OK and went home straight to bed afterwards!!
    You're a machine!!

Thread Information