CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Greatest putter you've ever tried???

I know a putter is feel club and majors have been won with putters bought at garage sales but what have you found to be the greatest putter you've ever tried? If it isn't currenty in your bag... why not?

For me it would have to be the Scotty Cameron Phantom mallet double bended heal shafted... I remember when that baby first came out I bought it right away but at almost $400 but it was to rich for my blood. Also, I had my heart set on a belly putter and had they made it in a 45" I would have gladly paid $500+ for it even though money was tight back then. So I started looking for 45" mallet putter. As you can imagine there weren't many choices amoung high end putters. I did end up going with the voodoo daddy belly putter over the odessey two ball and the future belly but still, the best putter I've used is the cameron phantom mallet.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    My co-worker has a Scotty Cameron (I think it's a "studio design" - not sure, traditional clubhead but black) and she brought it to work and I gave it a try on the carpet. She's a righty and I'm a lefty but you could just feel the quality because of the balance. I was absolutely blown away. That single club cost her more than I've spent on my whole bag - and that's the reason I don't own one.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Richard"
    Wow, a lady golfer with a cameron... now that is sexy! I rememeber andrea saying that people on this site buy yhe best for themselves and sets for their wives... so I think that is what I'm impressed with a woman has a nice putter because ever woman I see with a set is a piece of crap bought by her husband or boyfriend. A woman with a nice cameron blade putter... other than donny in a silver thong, what could be sexier!!!!?!!??!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Wow, a lady golfer with a cameron... now that is sexy! I rememeber andrea saying that people on this site buy yhe best for themselves and sets for their wives... so I think that is what I'm impressed with a woman has a nice putter because ever woman I see with a set is a piece of crap bought by her husband or boyfriend. A woman with a nice cameron blade putter... other than donny in a silver thong, what could be sexier!!!!?!!??!
    I think I probably said that.
    and guess what, I own a Cameron putter, a Red X2, and I am considering a Newport style with plumbers neck too, I seem to line up better with that style.
    Thotho you are hilarious. The difference for me is I have a real interest in the equipment so I go and buy what I want myself.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I use an Odyssey two=ball right now. I tried out the three-ball today at GT and didn't like it at all. I'd really like to try the Cameron line of putters though. To tell you the honest to God truth, my putting is my weak part of my game and I've yet to find a putter I feel comfortable with.

I know a putter is feel club and majors have been won with putters bought at garage sales but what have you found to be the greatest putter you've ever tried? If it isn't currenty in your bag... why not?

For me it would have to be the Scotty Cameron Phantom mallet double bended heal shafted... I remember when that baby first came out I bought it right away but at almost $400 but it was to rich for my blood. Also, I had my heart set on a belly putter and had they made it in a 45" I would have gladly paid $500+ for it even though money was tight back then. So I started looking for 45" mallet putter. As you can imagine there weren't many choices amoung high end putters. I did end up going with the voodoo daddy belly putter over the odessey two ball and the future belly but still, the best putter I've used is the cameron phantom mallet.
    45" ?? How tall are you? That's 10 inches longer than the putter I use, and the one I have is about 2 inches too long for me.

Lob Wedge Type R 1090 is on a distinguished road Type R 1090's Avatar
    I like my wife's Odyssey 2 Ball White Steel. It has the perfect feel and sound. Maybe I can convince her to swap that for my Ping G2i Craz-e .

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Shouldn't the best putter you've ever tried be the one in your bag? It's the club you use the most every round.

No question for me it's the the Mizuno TP Mills putter I have now.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I have the Cameron Phantom Mallet 2 and it is the best feeling putter I've had so far, rolls the ball very true with lots of feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Type R 1090
    I like my wife's Odyssey 2 Ball White Steel. It has the perfect feel and sound. Maybe I can convince her to swap that for my Ping G2i Craz-e .
    That's the on I have. I bought it at the end of last season. Maybe if I get a Cameron you'd be interested in mine?

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    The difference for me is I have a real interest in the equipment
    It was you that said it now that I think about it. Also, the only equipment my GF is intersted in is... never mind, dan will kick my ass for making such comments. So you have a cameron because you want one! NICE!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer
    45" ?? How tall are you? That's 10 inches longer than the putter I use, and the one I have is about 2 inches too long for me.
    Its a belly putter I used to use a 43" putter but it was to short. Some smarty pants on this site told me.. instead of extending the putter just exend your belly! HAHA

Ace shovellover is on a distinguished road shovellover's Avatar
    My current putter. Wilson dynabalanced 407 offset heel/toe model. Looks like an Anser style putter. Got it at Sears for 30 bucks 2+ years ago for Christmas.

Huge MOI putters do nothing for me as i watch the hole while i putt so alignment aids are a moot point. I've recently been trying out some demo YES putters & SCs and have found very little in performance changes, better or worse.

I'm the guy who believes putting is all mental. If everybody had a god stroke we'd all still be using bullseyes.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

By far...

After a few trials and errors (Wilson from the cheap bin, Odyssey White Hot #4, Cameron Red X), I have found the one which I line up better and gives me the better feel by far, the Yes Amy. Although the shape is fairly ackward, the balls rolls very well and my distance control is pretty good.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Its a belly putter I used to use a 43" putter but it was to short. Some smarty pants on this site told me.. instead of extending the putter just exend your belly! HAHA
    HAHA! That's crazy!

4 Iron JoeldMtl is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Shouldn't the best putter you've ever tried be the one in your bag? It's the club you use the most every round.

No question for me it's the the Mizuno TP Mills putter I have now.
    That's why I'm still using my new Edison mallet putter. It's a knock-off of the Callaway I-trax. Picked it up at Nevada Bob's in Montreal for $50. It has 4 large white chevron arrows between two parallel white line on top (full length from back to face). Makes it easy to align and maintain the alignment thru the stroke.

Immediately knocked strokes off my game. First time I used it I never had more than a 2 putt!!! Worked beautifully yesterday (second time I used it) - had some amazing lag puts.

Works for me big time,

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Mine's a Newport 2. If they made a Lefty Laguna in GSS I'd take that though!

Also like the mil-spec, but it's just not quite as nice as the Newport 2.

Also a big fan of the Ping G2 Tess, if they made that w/ some soft SS I'd be all over it.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Albatross sandbagger72 is on a distinguished road sandbagger72's Avatar
    i'd had two say the scotty cameron terrillium newport
    Proost!

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

putter

The best putter I have even owned is the one that I have right now. The Nickent Pipe 003. It is the easiest putter to align and the face is so hot. Go to GT and try it out. By far the easiest putter to hit out there.
    Claude

Quote Originally Posted by challengegolf
    The best putter I have even owned is the one that I have right now. The Nickent Pipe 003. It is the easiest putter to align and the face is so hot. Go to GT and try it out. By far the easiest putter to hit out there.
    Claude
    Looks pretty nice. I'll give it a try the next time I'm at GT.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I really like my Newport 2 Studio Style, I really love the feel of the insert. Tried to knock it out of my bag this year with a big honkin moi putter, but I haven't mastered distance control with it yet. It's a nice putter too, a Bobby Grace M6.4K GT, by far the nicest of the moi putters I've tried.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I am in love with my current putter, the Guerin Rife Two Bar. This thing is unbeilevable, i'm so confident with it and i'm making putts that i never made before. Snaked in two putts at Dragonfly yesterday that were well over thirty feet for Birdie!!

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    I like the Ping G2i Craz-e that I have right now, altough my experience with different putters is very limited.

5 Wood PatS is on a distinguished road PatS's Avatar
    PING G2 tess here. LOVE this putter. Great balance and feel.

I would rate this putter in the same range as the scotties, daito and other expensive putters I have tried before.

2 Iron KenB is on a distinguished road KenB's Avatar
    My current putter of course! TM Rossa Mezza Monza (without AGSI). Bettor alignment = more putts!!! and I love the feel.

"Richard"
    Donny, I would have to have the phantom in my bag but like I said, I needed to go with a belly putter because on big putts my hands start to shake and I alyways mess up the putt really bad. A par putt from 6 feet is usually a miss. A birdie putt from 10 feet is a for sure two putt! THe belly putter takes the hands out of it. Stick it in your belly, lock, load and fire. Coming up short on putts is rarely a problem anymore and I very rarely 3 putt anymore. Lots of sub 30 putting rounds this year. Best move I ever made. But if scotty ever makes that putter in belly I will gladly spend $500 to be with my baby again

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Scotty Cameron Platinum Pro II Somona that is in my bag of course!

Red X @ Golftown was unbeilevable as well.

"Richard"
    yeah I tried that red x but I didn't like it compared to the phanton. It was between the red x belly, voodoo daddy belly, stx belly, odessey two ball belly and finally just a cameron blade belly but I needed something with more weight and something to line up the ball better so I decided to go mallet instead and then it was just trial and error, although I never did get to try the red x belly, couldn't find it anywhere without losing an arm and a leg if I didn't like it so I went with the voodoo and thats all she wrote

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    The next putter is always the greatest because it knocked out the current putter.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The Scotty I borrowed from Nat at the forum golfing day. Sure, I putted like crap (it was a lefty, I'm not) but I made a couple decent lenght putts, and it just felt so sweet.

Thread Information