For the most part it seems that technology has made improvements primarily for golf equipment, better clubs, long flying balls, etc.. but little has been offered on the courses themselves. I want to start this thread for fun to see where people would like to see technology applied to the course instead of the equipment for a change. Here are a few wacky ideas I have on that subject.

1. Black grass, for the fairways. It would create a distinct look while making the ball even more highly visible. It would show a clear distinction between fairway and rough from much greater distances. Additionally other colors could be used for markers or anything else that could be helpful, without actually making it look like a football field or anything like that.

2. Distance finders mounted on every tee, to allow players not only to get an idea where they want to hit the ball in the fairway, but also accurately gauge if the group in front is really out of hitting range or not. I am quite sure this would dramitically decrease players hitting into the next group by accident.

3. Flagpoles that have a glow ball to illuminate the green on dark days or evening golf. Alternately it could glow with a specific color to and combined with special glasses you could filter out say green to make the putting surface more readable or something

Thats my 3 for now.