CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Club Fitting

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

Club Fitting

Just wondering how long the whole process takes. I have a fitting @ The Hunt Club on Friday. How long does the session take, and how long will it take to get my clubs back? Hopefully it improves the game..!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I have no clue but I"d like to know. I pondered the idea but wasen't sure if I had my swing yet so didn't want to go ahead and pay for a fitting. I"m taking some lessons first than getting fitted; either way am very curious to find out how the experience was. I visited Nevada Bob's however I don't think that a standard ping fitting is all that great; I'd much rather go get fitted by a professional which was recommended by many members on his web site. Be sure to post a review of your experience!

Regards,
    Rob

I ended up going to Golftown to get my Pings fitted. It was raining that day and I could not wait any longer to go to the Hunt Club. It was a good experience. The staff took alot of time to make sure that what they were reading was accurate and also did all the measurements needed to assure that the job was done right. I did this Thursday and have my irons back now. Overall it is worth it, I already feel that it improved my game!

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio
    I ended up going to Golftown to get my Pings fitted. It was raining that day and I could not wait any longer to go to the Hunt Club. It was a good experience. The staff took alot of time to make sure that what they were reading was accurate and also did all the measurements needed to assure that the job was done right. I did this Thursday and have my irons back now. Overall it is worth it, I already feel that it improved my game!
    Did they fit for flex also, or make any recommendations for the flex you were using?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio
    I need to get my Pings fitted as well, did they charge you for the fitting and adjustments? And did they do the adjustments there or ship your irons off to Ping in Toronto?

I was talking to one of the equipment guys at Chucks and he said that they would adjust my irons in-house, even re-paint the appropriate dot on the irons, and that they were authorized to do this by Ping. Does that sound right?

They did not go over the flex at all, no. I did tell them my average club head and swing speed with my six iron though...and that may have determined everything. He did ask if I liked the feel of the steel shaft after telling him that I used graphite for a few years prior. As for the fitting, it did not cost me a thing. Now... I am not sure whether or not it was because I bought them there, or not. However, I think it is all free UNLESS you need them shipped, but that is your decision, I believe. They do the adjusting there. They had to take a course at Ping to be trained. They also do repaint the appropraite dot, yes, if needed. The weird thing about my experience was that I did not need my short irons adjusted at all. I am standard. The long irons were 1degree flat. It was interesting, to say the least..

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Interesting, I was told a fitting costs $50 at golftown by one of their employees...

I did not pay a single cent. Walked in, got fitted, and walked out. Hope I did not do something illegal

Thread Information