100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Dottie Pepper on Wie

Who knows more about women's golf then Dottie?

Here are some samples from her most recent column...

"I don't think either of them should be professionals at this time (Pressel is the other one she's referring to). In my opinion both will regret that they hurried through their high school and college years, missing the experiences that shape you as an individual."

"Wie has accepted an exemption from the USGA Women's Committee to the US Women's Open, but I think it's a mistake, as qualifying is sometimes a good thing... Michelle has the talent to justify a spot in the field, I simply don't think a trip to the qualifier would hurt her. It might even be the first step to inaugural win as a pro."

She also stated that she hopes Wie chooses to focus on the LPGA, and loves the prospect of a Pressel/Wie rivalry.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Andru
    If there's anyone in the LPGA I can't stand it's Dottie Pepper. She's the reason I boycotted The Golf Channel for 4 months. Her work during the Solheim Cup was nothing short of a stool sample. It was like grabbing Joe American and sticking him in the broadcast booth. I ignore anything Dottie Pepper says because it's BS.

I for one hope Wie tries her hand at the PGA Tour. At least gives it a legitimate shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I for one hope Wie tries her hand at the PGA Tour. At least gives it a legitimate shot.
    What's your definition a legitimate shot and trying her hand? Trying to qualify for events, going to Q-school, playing the second or third tier tours when they offer her an appearance fee, or going to exemption after exemption?

Andru
    Geez Fundonny. The exemptions will run out there's no doubt about that. That should answer your question.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    fundonny,

That's the route Tiger took to get into the PGA, exemption after exemption.

And why do you keep bringing these things up? I think it's a secret longing for Wie to stay in the forefront of the news...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    4 of the 5 most recently active threads here in World Golf News are about Wie and were started by fundonny. That does not count two (I think) that were combined with other threads (no need for yet another ). There are a couple more down lower, going back to the one that got closed.

The complaint is that she gets too much hype????

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I don't get it either by any means. Christ what is the big deal, she is just another golfer! Man or woman i really don't get what the difference is. She's a young lady making her own decisions and doing things the way she wants, who cares what Dottie Pepper says, she just wishes that she was young again and in Wie's shoes with the world of golf in the palm of her hand.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    You're really starting to bore the crap out of me with this subject Donny. What is it with you and women? Are you somehow threatened by their presence on a golf course?

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    What is it with you and women?
    FRANCIS: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
    STAN: I want to be one.
    REG: What?
    STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KickerOfElves
    FRANCIS: Why are you always on about women, Stan?
    STAN: I want to be one.
    REG: What?
    STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'
    ....anyone who loves Monty Python is my friend

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    ....anyone who loves Monty Python is my friend
    ...I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I like to press wildflowers. I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars...

Funny, when I read the title of the thread, something completely different came to mind...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Good lord guys, if you won't want to debate it then:
    A- don't read it,
    B- certainly don't post anything if you don't have anything that contributes to it and,
    C- let those that enjoy debating it have fun. You guys into burning books and against free speach too????

Last I checked, this was a World Golf News section. I post about every tournament, I post about other players, I post about Wie (who is, last I checked, part of the world golf news), I post what I read in magazines and see in the media, I post about sports which is WHAT I DO!!!!!!! Just so happens that the Wie threads get more involvement from others.

Yes Reid, by golly you see right through me. I'm secretly part of a world movement to keep all women out of golf. I have several different handles that I use to agree with myself too. When I make statements supporting women it's just to throw you off my trail. I thought I was clever but I guess I'll just have to take it up a notch.

My apologies, but you guys got my blood boiling. It's a forum for discussion, let us discuss. No one forces you to participate.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    No one is doubting that you want to discuss it i guess the topic is just a little bit stale at this point.

As long as she is first page news, I do like talking about it Colby.

If she wasn't first page news or one day stops being first page news, no one will talk about it.

Whatever is making the headlines, I like to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    fundonny,

That's the route Tiger took to get into the PGA, exemption after exemption.

And why do you keep bringing these things up? I think it's a secret longing for Wie to stay in the forefront of the news...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    You're really starting to bore the crap out of me with this subject Donny. What is it with you and women? Are you somehow threatened by their presence on a golf course?
    Reid, I am surprised at your response I thought this site was for debating 'hot topics' that are in the forefront of golfing news today? Every time you turn on the Golf Channel it is all about Wie this and Wie that some pro, some con.....

Good lord, I guess I have to buy you a 2nd beer so we can debate this topic face to face as well!

I know what it is, your a Moderator and you are FORCED to have to read all these threads that you don't want to! LOL
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Good lord guys, if you won't want to debate it then:
    A- don't read it,
    B- certainly don't post anything if you don't have anything that contributes to it and,
    C- let those that enjoy debating it have fun. You guys into burning books and against free speach too????

Last I checked, this was a World Golf News section. I post about every tournament, I post about other players, I post about Wie (who is, last I checked, part of the world golf news), I post what I read in magazines and see in the media, I post about sports which is WHAT I DO!!!!!!! Just so happens that the Wie threads get more involvement from others.

Yes Reid, by golly you see right through me. I'm secretly part of a world movement to keep all women out of golf. I have several different handles that I use to agree with myself too. When I make statements supporting women it's just to throw you off my trail. I thought I was clever but I guess I'll just have to take it up a notch.

My apologies, but you guys got my blood boiling. It's a forum for discussion, let us discuss. No one forces you to participate.
    Geez man, relax . I think it was a fair question considering the amount of Michelle Wie threads you've started.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    I know what it is, your a Moderator and you are FORCED to have to read all these threads that you don't want to! LOL
    LOL! You got it!

Thing is, it just keeps getting better and better. Michelle trying to qualify for the men's US Open?! How can that not be discussed. However she does on June 5th (I think that's the day), we (not all of you mind you, but a lot of us) are going to want to discuss it. Reid and Dan, sorry but that's the way it is. It's a snowball going down a mountain of a topic. It won't stop until the snow melts.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    No one is doubting that you want to discuss it i guess the topic is just a little bit stale at this point.

No, saying I'm against women is not a fair question. It's downright insulting.

Geez man, relax . I think it was a fair question considering the amount of Michelle Wie threads you've started.

No, saying I'm against women is not a fair question. It's downright insulting.
    Well gee... maybe if you didn't write a column saying that women were responsible for slow play and then keep bashing Michelle Wie, people might not get that impression... .
    Anyway you can debate me over a beer tomorrow .

All I am saying is that we do not need a new thread for every breath she takes. We now have several Wie threads going so let's keep it contained.

Anyway you can debate me over a beer tomorrow .

ROFLMAO Reed, you gonna be one drunk dude tomorrow with all this beer and debating you have lined up!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Thing is, it just keeps getting better and better. Michelle trying to qualify for the men's US Open?! How can that not be discussed. However she does on June 5th (I think that's the day), we (not all of you mind you, but a lot of us) are going to want to discuss it. Reid and Dan, sorry but that's the way it is. It's a snowball going down a mountain of a topic. It won't stop until the snow melts.
    You had a topic about Wei trying to qualify for the US Open. You've also had two side topics, this one and the other from the SI article, both of which leaned towards Michelle staying out of the PGA circuit. The Dottie post had quotes saying she should concentrate on the LPGA, and the SI article that stated that she qualified in a nothing tournament in Korea. Plus you other articles about being furious that she had been given an exemption, it's all getting old. And as Reid mentioned your first Monday blog entry was pretty much a diatribe against women and golf.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    All I am saying is that we do not need a new thread for every breath she takes. We now have several Wie threads going so let's keep it contained.
    I am probably going to get on your A list for this but Dan, new threads are easier to follow when it is 'fresh' information that comes out. There is so much thread stealing and off topic conversation that goes on (yes, I am just as guilty as the next guy and so are you and the moderators) that starting a new thread is so much easier to follow for a while.

I don't understand why everyone gets their nickers in an uproar because Donny posts with his passion.... good lord, it is his living (rightly or wrongly )and he does like to get peoples reactions (negative or positive). Were lucky, we have the Howard Stern of the golf world right here amongst us.

Although I don't always agree with what he says, in particular his comment about slow play, but hey, it is his perception and he is calling it like he sees it and that is what should be debated. If everyone is so upset at him for posting these things, just stop responding to them, look at them, there has been alot of debate and some very good arguements as well.

Just my 2 cents and I think everyone needs to go to their respective corners and take some deep breaths

I got an idea... edit the filter to replace the work Wie with 3 asterics.

New topics warrant new threads. Continuations of ongoing discussions don't.
    There were already several comments mentioned by pro golfers and reporters about all this in the other thread, so what is so different about Dottie's comments that warranted a new discussion?

Indio:

Despite being a moderator I am entitled to state my opinions in threads as well. So I have in this one, as an OG member, not a moderator. If I wanted to comment as a moderator I would have just deleted it...
    Donny is more than welcome by me to state his opinions on OG. But if he comes across as a chauvanist thru his comments then I reserve the right to point it out. Obviously from his posts his opinions on the subject are quite biased. I asked why he is so biased on the subject, plain and simple. I think that is fair comment.
    The long and short of it is that if one does not want to be challenged on their statements then don't post controversial stuff.

Reid

I am probably going to get on your A list for this but Dan, new threads are easier to follow when it is 'fresh' information that comes out. There is so much thread stealing and off topic conversation that goes on (yes, I am just as guilty as the next guy and so are you and the moderators) that starting a new thread is so much easier to follow for a while.

I don't understand why everyone gets their nickers in an uproar because Donny posts with his passion.... good lord, it is his living (rightly or wrongly )and he does like to get peoples reactions (negative or positive). Were lucky, we have the Howard Stern of the golf world right here amongst us.

Although I don't always agree with what he says, in particular his comment about slow play, but hey, it is his perception and he is calling it like he sees it and that is what should be debated. If everyone is so upset at him for posting these things, just stop responding to them, look at them, there has been alot of debate and some very good arguements as well.

Just my 2 cents and I think everyone needs to go to their respective corners and take some deep breaths

I got an idea... edit the filter to replace the work Wie with 3 asterics.

The fact that Dottie just made those comments. It's a new story on the same topic.

Reid show me where I QUESTIONED your right as a Moderator to provide your opinion! I respect everyone's opinions. What I said was that I was surprised at your respose period. There is a big difference.

The fact that Dottie just made those comments. It's a new story on the same topic.
    Exactly. Please start new threads when there is a new topic.

Reid show me where I QUESTIONED your right as a Moderator to provide your opinion! I respect everyone's opinions. What I said was that I was surprised at your respose period. There is a big difference.
    Where in my post did I say you had questioned my right to provide an opinion? I was just saying why I was providing my opinion...

Thread Information