100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    BirdieMan

Amazing Chip ins ...

Hey all... I played a round last thursday with Forum member SIMMER at Falcon Ridge. Played a horrible front nine. But, got to the 10th hole, hit a perfect 170yrd 7 iron, then sprayed my second beside trees, then duff my 3rd shot..., but somehow i chipped in for par.

Then on the next hole I chipped in for par again. and on the 12th hole..i had a chip for par, thought toooo much about chipping it in for the 3rd hole in a row, so of course i duffed it and then promptly sank my putt for bogey.

Well going into the 13th hole... of course i left myself short and left to the green... and not even thinking about anything else... I CHIPPED IN AGAIN for Birdie!!!! yeahhh.... 3 chip ins..... WoW... I've never done that before in one round.... Let alone just chipping in 1 hole...

Wondering if anyone else has been as lucky as I have been.. or am I just That GOOD... hehe... (joke)... but nevertheless i ended up blowing up on the last 2 holes to give the round and $$$ to SIMMER... you ***!!!! i will get U!!!!!

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Nice

GOLF is fun (sometimes) isn't it!?!?!?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdieMan
    Wondering if anyone else has been as lucky as I have been.. or am I just That GOOD... hehe... (joke)... but nevertheless i ended up blowing up on the last 2 holes to give the round and $$$ to SIMMER... you ***!!!! i will get U!!!!!
    Chipping in three times out of four is only a coincidence, as I believe that the goal IS to sink the chip?

What you did was not luck but a demonstration of PURE TALENT.

BTW: Your thought about chipping it in on the third consecutive hole was bang on. You have to SEE the ball going in the hole, before you actually do it. Well done.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I had a good day at a league outing a number of years ago and chipped in 2 times from the rough and sank one from a green side bunker. I had the lowest number of putts for a round ever on that day with a 22 total. I only shot a 75 but I took a lot of abuse from my playing partners, now that's a good time!!

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Speaking of amazing chip ins, does anyone remember that episode of Shell's Wonderful world of golf where Jack holed out from the bunker 2/3 times, and lipped out the 3rd time for a tap in sand save. If I remember correctly they all happened on the front 9 ... That was incredible, and like BC Mist says, it also was a demonstration of TALENT. It takes talent to give yourself the opprotunity to hole out...don't sell yourself short on this one by calling it luck
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Just a question---Does the above statement mean that---:last year my wife chipped in 3 times over the year: I have done it once:--who is considered the better of the two? This is tongue in cheek but it actually happened--sure glad she doesnt read this

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Ok this chip didn't go in but it was pretty awsome.. I was over an elevated green right up against a tree.. I had no shot. I decided to flip the wedge over and hit it upside down and left handed.. Well I wasn't sure I would make contact but some how managed to knock it to a foot.. Needless to say anytime I have tried it again it did not go well lol
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    Ok this chip didn't go in but it was pretty awsome.. I was over an elevated green right up against a tree.. I had no shot. I decided to flip the wedge over and hit it upside down and left handed.. Well I wasn't sure I would make contact but some how managed to knock it to a foot.. Needless to say anytime I have tried it again it did not go well lol
    Hell, I don't even have the imagination to even try that shot!!!! Way to go

Gap Wedge lefty2 is on a distinguished road

Impressive short game!

Congrats on the 3 chip-ins. I was happy with just one on Monday!

I finally chipped in for the first time on Monday (yes in that lovely weather) at Pineview. It was a par 3 on the front 9 can't remember 7 or 8 (i believe). Missed the green way right. Duffed my next shot from the rough and then sunk my chip. I played it over the bunker and then rolled it down the slope to the left and into the cup. Felt great and it totally turned me in the right direction for the back 9. Although, under those conditions it was a struggle all day.

Cheers,

Lefty 2.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]lefty2[/FONT]

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Yeah, those 3 chip-ins were amazing but I think it led to your self destruction on the last couple of holes as you got WAAAY too excited thinking you could do it every time after that. In the end, I got the scorecard AND your money. Thanks.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I used to be the chip in master. And when I say master, I really do mean master. My first year playing I had a friend who had a membership at the Royal Ottawa. We played the 9 hole all the time. Anyway, It got to the point where I would honestly hope for my approach shots to land just off the green - I had a better chance of chipping in than putting it. I probably came up with almost 1 chip-in a game on average. Sometimes it wouldn't happen, but then there would be days where I had 2 or three. Two years later, I had lost all touch with the chipper (perhaps a result of finally getting a real set....had been playing with an old beat up 8 iron until then). The rest of my game improved, but my chipping was terrible - a really painful experience. Only one I remember since then was holing out a LOOOONG bunker shot at Champlain a couple summers ago.

Thread Information