CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Thumbs up Skins Game this weekend - no more "validation"

"Tiger Woods, the No. 1 player in the world, Phil Mickelson, the No. 2 player in the world, Mark O'Meara, a two-time majors winner, and Fred Couples, a former Masters champion and three-time SKINS GAME winner will compete in the $1 million ConAgra Foods SKINS GAME at spectacular Landmark Golf Club in Indio, Calif., Nov. 29 - Dec. 1"

"The original format will be back in place for the ConAgra Foods SKINS GAME, which means a player no longer has to validate winning a SKIN on the following hole by winning or matching the low score on the hole to claim the SKINS and money he "won" on the previous hole. With the original format, you win the hole, you win the SKIN and the money, no validation required."

Full story
    http://www.conagrafoods.com/media/ne...ok&ID=20020916

Validation was such a stupid idea.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I agree, everything came down to the very end last year.

I'll let you know how it goes
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

"Amateur" Skins Game

They should re-think the whole concept. The validation idea was an attempt to re-vive an event that has grown old and tired.

We get to watch these guys play almost year round now. And watching Tiger or Freddy try a putt for $100Gs isn't nearly as exciting as it used to be.

However, if it was Joe Smoe, 12 handicap from Nowhereville trying to make that same putt for a $100 Grand - that would be good television.

They should randomly draw 4 golfers with equivalent handicaps and let them hack it out for some serious dough. Of course they'd have to give up their amateur status but who wouldn't jump at that chance.

They could partner each amatuer with a tour pro. Even put the pro on the guys bag!

They could have multiple divisions with different caps, ladies etc.

Ultimate reality golf TV!!!!!!

It might be good sport to watch some guy slice it into a backyard pool!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Thumbs up that would very kewl

I'd watch that.

Would'nt that be something. Watching some guy like us playing for that kind of dough, in fornt of that many people with millions wathcing on tv.

Thumbs down are you guys fed up with Tiger is God?

Anybody else getting a little annoyed or fed up with Tiger being treated as God??? I dont remember Jack or Arnold EVER yelling at people with cameras (especially on camera). I agree they should not be taking pictures during their shots and these individual should be told but, come on, to throw the guy's camera in the lake???? Not impressed here that's for sure.

And this was Tiger's caddy.........

Wayyyyyyyyy to muck power for these guys.
    Let security take care of the problems.

Yet another attitude buster for da man.

I missed the camera throwing bit if it happened on Sunday. However, I was standing just off the 18th green when Tiger was yelling how the guy took a picture during his swing. I was also in the front row of the line when the foursome left the 18th green. Tiger walked past every kid asking for autographs staring straight ahead, not even acknowledging they existed. Fred Couples was pretty much the same. Phil Mickelson had to be dragged away from the kids to go to the media tent, and promised he would be back. Mark O'Meara didn't sign any either but he was running late, and was being pushed to the media tent.

I would much rather see Phil again than Tiger, way more class.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    An over anxious photographer is always a problem. I was a career photographer for 23 years, and I covered The Eagle Creek Classic every year, and the Canadian Open in '97. Amatures are not permitted cameras except on certain days when the rule is waived, or during the pro am. If the guy was an amature photographer, the camera was not supposed to be there. If the fella was a pro, believe me he knew the score with regards to when not to take pictures. You must sign an agreement to get your photo pass, whereby you accept responsibility for your actions, and risk being tossed on your ear for any violation of the clearly defined rules. The photographer was in the wrong either way, and should have been turfed and removed from the accepted list of photographers.

Having said that, Steve W. had no business taking the camera and throwing it in the lake. He should be sued for that. Value of the equipment and loss of revenue form the images on the film he ruined.

Photographers like these and the Paparazzi give the profession a bad name. I was never so put off of as I was when I was shooting at Emerald Links the week Princess Diana died, and some bozo called me a F***'n Paparazzi while I waited for them to clear the green. I went home shortly after that. My heart was not in it anymore that day.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

well...

If Steve Williams is sued by the photographer, Tiger should turn around and sue the photographer. While I won't defend Williams actions, these guys are playing for a lot of $ and whether they need it or not is irrelevant. The photographers need to control themselves or be turfed out of there. Of course when that happens, it's usually too late.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Tiger and Steve should take a pill.

The Skins game is a meaningless gimmick event and the purse means basically nothing to these guys (the players get paid appearance $$ for the Pro-Am, expenses, etc and they get treated like kings). Since it is a "fun" event where the players are interacting with fans and each other it is understandable (although unfortunate) someone might get on the wrong side of the etiquette line. If that happens then SECURITY, not Steve Williams, should handle the matter.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Steve's head is as big as Tiger's I guess.

The Skins is for fun. John Daly always knows how to have fun at a Skins game....bring him back.

Talking thank you thank you thank you

powerlefty.......... 100% in agreement as I said (regarding letting security take care of it).

btw......150% in agreement with em69......bring back the Big Boy!!! Wooooooooo Hooooooo

And let the games begin!!

Thread Information