CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road

Wake up Shiva's

How many time did ur team go bankcrupt before Melnyk took over, remember 1997 where Ottawa was fighting for 8th place, and Bryden went to the public and pleaded for all u hardcore sens fans to come out and cheeror you were all gona lose ur team, they did end up making the playoffs, and thats wehn u supposedly SENS FANS woke up and decide they had a good enough team to finally cheer them on. Believe me i know there's some real fans out there, and obviously u feel very strong about your team, as u should, easy to turn ur crank!!!!

By the way, real fans wouldnt tell another fan to shut up and sit down, when cheering your team on, while sitting in the 1st level of the bank, as i was told by one of my collegues that was at the game, that's what i mean.

Alfie GUARANTEED a cup in October, thats straight from the horses mouth big guy.

just look at the history of sports in this city, amazing the lynx are still alive with their attendance record.

Ottawa attendance from 92 on, speaks for itself
    10485 (92-93) 10391(93-94) 9879(94-95) 12852(94-95) 13898(95-96)15895 (96-97), even Nashville's, Redneck country had better attendance

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    It's really a shame you haven't been thinking before you type. But you are right, ottawa's attendance does speak for itself. Those first three seasons, the Sens were playing in an arena with a capacity of...get this...9862 (give or take about 200, depending on the source). So, in fact, their average attendance was greater than its seating capacity. Pretty darn good if you ask me. 16000 people when you have yet to make the playoffs is pretty good too. Thanks for proving how loyal Ottawa sports fans are. I know that's what you set out to do.

Secondly, noticed how I qualified my statement by saying "this is just a theory"? That is because I do not know that every sens fan turns off the tv when a leafs game is on, but merely that I imagine this is the case in many cases. The nice thing about theories is, they don't always have to be right, but at least they use real words and proper sentences.

I too am amazed the Lynx are alive. They put out a terrible product in a town with very few baseball fans. More amazing than the fact they came here is the fact that anybody thought it was a good idea in the first place. Can we be blamed for not watching a team that we never wanted?

Andru
    Come on guys let's keep this going in a positive direction. I hate when it spirals into mindless drivel.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lngdrvcantputt
    By the way, real fans wouldnt tell another fan to shut up and sit down,
    If you conduct yourself in public the same way you conduct yourself in this forum I would have told you to shut up and sit down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lngdrvcantputt
    Ottawa attendance from 92 on, speaks for itself
    10485 (92-93) 10391(93-94) 9879(94-95) 12852(94-95) 13898(95-96)15895 (96-97), even Nashville's, Redneck country had better attendance
    thanks for the stats proving Ottawa has great fans and a great team!!!

good work BIG GUY

Thread Information