CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Angry I've had enough. Sign the petition.

Bob Cole has got to go.

www.firebobcole.com

Take a look, sign the petition and pass it on to every Sens fan you know!
    Last edited by larry; 05-12-2006 at 11:22 AM.

5 Wood Shushu is on a distinguished road Shushu's Avatar
    Awesome!!...Love it. Signed it. Although I think they should throw Don Cherry's name in there....and the guy who painted "Thank you Leaf Fans" on their ice, instead of like everyone else who just painted "Thank you Fans".

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Why would you want him fired? He's one of the best play callers of all time. Is it because you percieve that he shows some allegiance to one particular team? Here's a bit of free info for you, every play-by-play man in the league is also a fan.

Are you saying that Dean Brown or Dave Schreiber don't show some preference toward the Sens? Mike Emerick to the Rangers/Devils? How about Mike Lange with the Penguins? Jim Hughson with the Canucks? The list goes on...

"Boo hoo, my homers don't get to call the game!"

Get a grip...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Why would you want him fired? He's one of the best play callers of all time. Is it because you percieve that he shows some allegiance to one particular team? Here's a bit of free info for you, every play-by-play man in the league is also a fan.
    It has nothing to do with his allegiance or lack thereof. He's gone senile, or blind, or something.

Learning the names of the players would be a start. I'm sick of constantly hearing that a play was made by "the Ottawa player". He's supposed to learn their names and numbers so he can tell us who they are.

And although Chara is probably the easiest Sens player to recognize on the ice, apparently nobody told Bob and Harry that his first name is Zdeno. They both seem to think his first name is "Big" - or maybe they think his last name is "Bigchara". Yeah, he's a tall guy - I think most people know that now.

Learning the rules would help too. Especially the one about a delayed penalty being called when the offending team gets possession of the puck. I realize they can't see everything, but after hearing "Oh its the _____ that are getting the penalty" for the 100th time when everyone else in the rink knows what's going on, it starts to get a little stale.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    So then why is the petition on behalf of Sens fans? Seems to me that it's venting because your overpaid, under-achieving team is on the brink of elimination yet again...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    He's one of the best play callers of all time.
    ...GOOD ONE!

It's not that he's a homer, he should be - he's from Toronto, and I'm fine with that. Dean Brown does the same thing, but he usually knows the names of the playes on BOTH teams.
    Even a marginal play-by-play caller should at least learn the players names, and let's face it, some of the stuff Bob says doesn't even make sense. I think Neale and Cole are hammered half the time they're doing the games.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I am a SHARKS FAN and even I want to see Bob Cole retire. He calls players by the wrong name, he doesn't know what penalties are being called. He constantly has to remind us there is no score, meanwhile there is a box with the score and time right on our screen (Bob must think we are still watching B&W TV's from the days the score was not shown on the screen)
    There are far better play by play guys with CBC.
    Bob has had a good run, he has plenty of hockey knowledge, but his time in the booth as play by play should come to an end after this season.
    Everyone has to retire at some point in their life.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I don't say Cole should be fired, but he and Neale should definitely retire. It has nothing to do with being 'homers' or lack of hockey knowledge but it has everything to do with statements like these gems.........

1. Alfredson shoots, and Emry makes the save
    2. The Ottawa players break out of the zone leaving the Sabres player in their wake....... (doesn't know their names)
    3. The Big guy Chara is...... (Chara wasn't on the ice)
    4. If he would have scored instead of missing the net wide, we would have a tie game.....
    5. Whats wrong with Arvedson in this series (self explanitory)
    6. And the Leafs lose a close one in Overtime (Game 3 of Ottawa vs Buffalo)
    7. You have to wonder if Hasek will ever wear a blue jersey again... (hmmmmm)

Need I go on? They just don't prepare themselves for a game properly. I don't have a problem with them favoritizing one team over the other, every home broadcaster does but good lord do we have to go through wrong names, no names at all and absolutely assenine comments like #4????
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    My favourite from last night was "the refs really wanted a penalty there" ...huh? If they wanted a penalty they would call one.
    Cole was also good enough to point out that while the play was in the Sabres end Emery wasn't really doing anything. What a brilliant insight!
    Either he's drunk or he's senile.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    My favourite from last night was "the refs really wanted a penalty there" ...huh? If they wanted a penalty they would call one.
    Cole was also good enough to point out that while the play was in the Sabres end Emery wasn't really doing anything. What a brilliant insight!
    Either he's drunk or he's senile.
    There were so many last night I lost tabs on them but yes your right, I had forgotten about that one.... those pesky refs wanting a penalty and somone wouldn't call it for them..... sheesh, the nerve of those hockey players not to call a penalty on themselves.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Bob Cole and Harry Neale both need to retire, and it has nothing to do with their Leaf bias. It has everything to do with their senility and inability to call a game. Took them about five minutes last night to realize that Pothier scored, despite the fact that he's not six foot ten, he's not number three, and that Chara wasn't on the ice. The graphic finally came up that said Potheir scored, and they just sounded so shocked. In the third period, schaeffer and roy, I believe, got offsetting minors. Took these two guys, in the arena, 5 minutes to decide who got the penalties, whether it was 5 on 5, 4 0n 4, or a power play. They are absolutely clueless. They can't figure out who has done what, what team they are on, why it was a penalty, how a player got injured, etc. Maybe these two used to be great commentators (although I doubt that), but they certainly aren't now. Just because their voices have become synonymous with HNIC, it doesnt mean that they SHOULD be.

Bob cole, last night, when Eaves let the puck go at the blueline because he would have been offside, was going crazy. He couldn't figure out for the life of him why Eaves had "turned it over". "why did he let that go, what a foolish play" etc. Shockingly, Harry Neale jumped in and actually said something intelligent, reminding Bob Cole that he would have been offside. I tell you what, I ran downstairs to the basement and grabbed my hockey helmet as quick as I could, certain that the sky was about to fall.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Are you saying that Dean Brown or Dave Schreiber don't show some preference toward the Sens? Mike Emerick to the Rangers/Devils? How about Mike Lange with the Penguins? Jim Hughson with the Canucks? The list goes on...

Get a grip...
    I guess the difference is that Bob and Harry work for the CBC, which at last I checked, was a taxpayer funded network, not a leaf funded network. Furthermore, there inability to actually learn the players names is a bit irritating.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    LOL, funny website!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    I guess the difference is that Bob and Harry work for the CBC, which at last I checked, was a taxpayer funded network, not a leaf funded network. Furthermore, there inability to actually learn the players names is a bit irritating.
    Get a grip buddy. HNIC pays for itself it's profitable. Your 5 cent contribution to the CBC isn't going towards any of their salaries.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    I though they had a moment or two last night, like when Ottawa was on the powerplay in the third, with the game @ 2-2 and "a shot, resulting in a goal would allow the Ottawa Sens to tie up this game" Umm the game is tied, thanks for coming out. I think they are more comical than anything and should not be fired yet. What will they come up with next?
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I am a leaf fan.. and i watch hockey night in canada every saturday all season long.. and for the past 2 or 3 seasons both Bob Cole and Harry Neil have been the worst play by play / colour man team I've ever seen. Bob Cole never knows what the stopage of play is for and Harry Neil doesn't even seem to know which team Toronto is playing.. Both men need to retire and let younger play by play / colour team step in... PS.. Sens suck
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Get a grip buddy. HNIC pays for itself it's profitable. Your 5 cent contribution to the CBC isn't going towards any of their salaries.
    look...there's a big perception issue in my opinion. Whether or not HNIC funds itself is not the issue. It's run under the CBC umbrella and should be less biased that it is with respect to Neale and Bob and their Leafs centric schedule.
    Last edited by jeffc; 05-14-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    look...there's a big perception issue in my opinion. Whether or not HNIC funds itself is not the issue. It's run under the CBC umbrella and should be less biased that it is with respect to Neale and Bob and their Leafs centric schedule.
    Nonsense. HNIC is there to make money. The leafa centric schedule is because they(Leafs) draw ratings, which generates advertising revenue.

The 'bias' you refer to, is Ottawa's own insecurity. I can't help you with that. The truth is we've all been through it before with the Jays back in the 80's we all thought they ( NBC. CBS ) were bias. I've watched a few of those games on the Classic sports staion and they weren't bias. It was me. it was us.

If you and every other sens fan is willing to dish out another 100 bucks a year in taxes to support showing more senators games, then set up the fund to cover the loss in revenue they'll absorb, and put a contract in place. Otherwise, stop complaining, no one owes the sens fan anything. Ottawa is the easiest place in Canada to get NHL tickets. and they're cheap too. Besides a few. weekday, out of town games, virtually all sens games are on tv. so what's the problem?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Here's my theory. I can't disagree that Toronto has the most fans in Canada. BUT, they are also the most hated team. Most of the time, if Toronto is the game showed on CBC, I just won't watch, and I think its the same with many non-Leaf fans. If, on the other hand, there's a game with any other Canadian team playing, I will watch. My theory is this. You put the leafs on, and all the leafs fans watch, but nobody else does. You put anybody else on, and most non-leaf fans will watch, and many leaf fans too, because (for the most part) Leaf fans don't seem to have anything against other teams. Not showing the leafs would piss off a good number of people, but I don't know that it would hurt in the ratings

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    It's not that he's a homer, he should be - he's from Toronto...
    For the millionth time...He's NOT from Toronto!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer
    I am a leaf fan.. and i watch hockey night in canada every saturday all season long.. and for the past 2 or 3 seasons both Bob Cole and Harry Neil have been the worst play by play / colour man team I've ever seen. Bob Cole never knows what the stopage of play is for and Harry Neil doesn't even seem to know which team Toronto is playing.. Both men need to retire and let younger play by play / colour team step in... PS.. Sens suck
    Agree 100%

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I don't mind bob cole. He is like the favourite old uncle of yours who occasionally forgets who you are.
    Zipping in and out of the present.
    His familiar voice from the past, mixing up names etc is comforting.
    The last game he said at one point "The crowd is really urging their team on now to get a goal, chanting let's go sabres, let's go sabres."
    ..uh..I thought they were in Ottawa.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Here's my theory. I can't disagree that Toronto has the most fans in Canada. BUT, they are also the most hated team. Most of the time, if Toronto is the game showed on CBC, I just won't watch, and I think its the same with many non-Leaf fans. If, on the other hand, there's a game with any other Canadian team playing, I will watch. My theory is this. You put the leafs on, and all the leafs fans watch, but nobody else does. You put anybody else on, and most non-leaf fans will watch, and many leaf fans too, because (for the most part) Leaf fans don't seem to have anything against other teams. Not showing the leafs would piss off a good number of people, but I don't know that it would hurt in the ratings
    That's a theory, if that were actually the case. CBC would do it as it would mean more dough for the network.

Not watching the Leafs because you have a pre determined hate on for the team is your choice. That's your protest, it's a free country, your allowed to make that decision. Turning off the TV is always a good decision regardless of the motives.

People watch if you like the leafs. you cheer for them if you don't you cheer for anaheim or whomever they're playing. But ppl watch. The question I have is, Since the flames are out, are Calgary fans cheering for edmonton now?

3 Iron Go_Leafs_Go is on a distinguished road Go_Leafs_Go's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    I don't mind bob cole. He is like the favourite old uncle of yours who occasionally forgets who you are..
    How very true.

Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road

ok i agree to a certain extent but.......

i had to get my 2 cents, in here, ok i agree they are somewhat biased, but like everyone as said all home town color commentators, will favor their team, same goes with my team the Canadiens. But reading some of mostly SENS FANS comments, u guys dont know hockey yourselves, ONE GUY "jonf" starts talikng for everyone else "if your not a leafs fan you dont watch leafs hockey" BS. We tru hockey fans, probably hate u SENS FANS more then LEAFS FANS. SENS FANS have to be the cockiest fans out there, probably reflects on the team "guaranteeing a cup for their beloved fans" how the hell can u predict the cup winner in October. U guys call yourselves fans, i guarantee that within 10 years, the Senators will be gone from Ottawa, just like the Renegades, Ottawa needs to be contenders eveery year or no one will show up, i guarrantee if Ottawa falls below what is considered a mediocre team, the franchise will have no choice but to move, and thats because u stuborn so called sports fans, really dont know sports stick to golf.

Quote Originally Posted by lngdrvcantputt
    ONE GUY "jonf" starts talikng for everyone else .
    you would never do that...but wait, looky here:

We tru hockey fans, probably hate u SENS FANS more then LEAFS FANS.
    now YOU are talking for 'tru hockey fans' - which apparently doesn't include anyone who cheers for the Sens or Leafs. So exactly who are they ?

how the hell can u predict the cup winner in October.
    No doubt it is difficult for Sens fans to predict what will transpire 10 months down the road but wait...

i guarantee that within 10 years, the Senators will be gone from Ottawa
    you are able to predict what will happen 10 years down the road! Truly amazing!!

Ottawa needs to be contenders eveery year or no one will show up
    You obviously missed the first 5-6 years of existence for this team because the team was NOT a contender and we "tru fans" kept going anyway.

3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar

Get a grip...
    It's different with regards to all those local announcers. Bob Cole and Harry Neal broadcast to a national audience. They have admited in the past that they are Leaf fans. I'm pretty sure Harry Neal even told Ottawa fans to "kiss my big a**".
    I change equipment too much to even bother to write down what I use

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by wopstergolf
    It's different with regards to all those local announcers. Bob Cole and Harry Neal broadcast to a national audience. They have admited in the past that they are Leaf fans. I'm pretty sure Harry Neal even told Ottawa fans to "kiss my big a**".
    When did this happen? provide a link to this. I'm asking because I know it's not true. PSSST Here's a hint for you. Harry Neale Lives in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    When did this happen? provide a link to this. I'm asking because I know it's not true. PSSST Here's a hint for you. Harry Neale Lives in Buffalo.
    - I actually heard he said the "kiss my a*ss" thing as well so you never know. If he did say that, my respect for him increased %100.

Andru
    - I actually heard he said the "kiss my a*ss" thing as well so you never know. If he did say that, my respect for him increased %100.
    No not that. I remember the kiss my ***** thing I remember that. It's when Chirelli piped up about them being bias. And Harry got a little upset.

I'm talking about Cole and Neale admitting they were leafs fans.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    The really sad thing is that the CBC fired Chris Cuthbert and kept the other two clowns. But I guess we shouldn't be surprised by anything the CBC does. In reality it is more of a government agency than a TV network.

Thread Information