CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sens

Caddy Jeany is on a distinguished road

Sens

better find a replacement for Emery soon.............

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Come on. You can't seriously blame that loss on Emery. The defence stunk up the joint. They gave up 2 shorthanded 2 on 1's that both resulted in goals. The only goal that he is even partially to blame for is the tying goal when he couldn't get control of the puck, and how the D ever let that puck get out front in the first place...

You take away the 2 shorthanded goals and the Sens win the game.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    The tying goal can indeed be placed on Emery, and, realistically, so can the winner. Granted, it was a terrible givewaway and a 2 on 1, but it was still not an incredible shot. That said, I agree that Emery cannot be blamed for what happened. He did not play great, but a goalie would have had to play absolutely incredibly ridiculously spectacularly in order to have stopped most of those goals. Based on that one game, in theory, the Sens have to worry more about replacing their entire blueline rather than their goalie. Besides, the best goalies this year are not playing like the best goalies. Brodeur played like trash in game 1, as did theodore. Ward played ok, but had nothing to do. Miller and Emery were both mediocre. I think this year is going to be a lot more about team defense and offense than it is going to be about goaltending.

Caddy Jeany is on a distinguished road

Emery

gave a goal every 3rd shot or so he got....even Theodore could do better!!!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Thing about Emery is, and Don Cherry got it right, he doesn't play the puck. He needs to learn the finer aspects of when to cover it, when to play it, when to leave the net, etc.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Cherry is right, everyone forgets he's still a rookie. Have faith.
    He can lead us to the Cup. Go Sens GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeany
    Ya, his save percentage was abismal, but you can't expect a goalie to stop 4 2-on1s, especially when his defencemen forget the FIRST rule of defending a 2 on 1, which is to cover the pass, not the shooter. Emery did not have a good game, but neither did most of the team (except Mikey Fisher, who never has a bad game). Yes, if he had made a couple more stops they would have won. It was a disappointing performance. But I don't think that one game is enough to warrant questioning his ability. The true test is how he comes back from a rough game. Brodeur played one of the worst games from a goaltender in the playoffs last night, but guaranteed he will be back in spectacular style next game. That is what really makes a good goalie - whether or not they can put a bad goal or a bad game behind them, and come back with a game stealing performance.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Replace him with who? Emery will do just fine.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    To all the fair weather Sens fans...

WE DON'T WANT YOU, GO AWAY !!!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeany
    Holy smokes, get a clue. Have you seen Emery's record prior to this game? The guy is a rookie, got hung out to dry 30 seconds into the game, and had virtually no help from his teammates for the balance of the night. Watch for Razor to stand on his head tonight.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    To all the fair weather Sens fans...

WE DON'T WANT YOU, GO AWAY !!!
    If that happens, there'll be very few of you left.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    That's OK...at least we won't be hypocritical !

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    ...whereas Leafs fans are still convinced they have a shot at the Cup this year.

And that, my friends, is why no European player has ever captained a cup winning team. Possibly the worst game I've ever seen Alfie play, right when the captain is supposed to come through with a great game to boost his team. Missed the net about 30 times tonight. Someone should remind him that the puck is supposed to go INSIDE those three metal posts.

If one positive came out of that game it was the fact that they FINALLY put the best line in the league this year back together. Based on the way they played for the final 6 minutes, its pretty safe to assume they could have actually done some damage if they had, you know, been playing together. As much as I like Bryan Murray, I can't understand his logic in keeping those three apart. Yes, I know he wants to spread out his offence, but he's not going to get huge production out of smolinski and eaves. Let your best players be your best players, and let your best line be your best line.

I know it looks bad for the sens at this point, but Emery played solid and can't be faulted for either goal. He made a huge save on the sens first powerplay (an alfie giveaway) which could have been crippling. They dominated the game, but forgot they were allowed to raise the puck on rebounds. I don't know how many times Miller was face flat on the ice with his legs spread, just hoping they didn't raise it. If the Sens play like they did tonight, minus the terrible giveaways, and actually keep their scoring line together, I see no reason why they can't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    ...whereas Leafs fans are still convinced they have a shot at the Cup this year.
    They may not have a chance this year Shivas, but I stand by my prediction that the Leafs will win the cup again before the "new" Sens win their first...

I disagree with that, but its not worth any type of argument as its purely speculative.

Has anyone else come to the realization that the Sens have the absolute worst fans in the league. By the worst fans, I mean the atmosphere in the arena. Its horrible. Apart from the hit on Connoly, they barely put up a cheer all game. They don't cheer saves, they don't cheer penalty kills, they don't cheer solid power plays. They only cheered the goal until they announced Phillips' name, then they went silent again. Its terrible. Even in the last 5 minutes when they were mounting a last charge, the fans were silent. Its horrendous. People are paying hundreds of dollars to see a game and can't even be bothered to cheer. Its like they're expecting to get scored on. If I were at a game I'd be out of my seat the whole time yelling my lungs out, but these fans just sit there silently like its some opera where its rude to speak.

[quote=jonf]
    Has anyone else come to the realization that the Sens have the absolute worst fans in the league. By the worst fans, I mean the atmosphere in the arena. /[quote]

While I agree that the atmosphere in the arena could be better at times I don't think it's fair to say Ottawa has the worst fans.
    A comparison of the cost of tickets and attendance would show that Ottawa has great fans compared to most American cities. Let's also not forget that since 1992 thousands of season's ticket holders have continued to come back year after year after year, despite Ottawa icing horrible teams. Remember the year of, what was it - 7 wins? At that time all the fans were willing to be patient because we were building a Stanley Cup winner, unlike our expansion cousins, Tampa, who were trading their draft picks to get better immediately and thus (so we thought) sacrificing their future. Fast forward to this year and Tampa already has a cup under their belts and Ottawa fans continue to get year after year of disappointment but still go back in droves.
    Ottawa has great hockey fans.
    Last edited by Shivas Irons; 05-10-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar

Emery,solid but not the future.

He's been solid up to this point.Cant blame him on these loses.The only knock I have on him is when the D break down in front of him,he needs to make that spectacular save once inawhile. The team in front can win this series on pure talent alone but when the D collapses in front hes going to have to make that amazing save.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Sens in 6!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hasek will be back for game 4...look out Sabres, your bubble is about to burst.

[QUOTE=Shivas Irons][quote=jonf]
    Has anyone else come to the realization that the Sens have the absolute worst fans in the league. By the worst fans, I mean the atmosphere in the arena. /

While I agree that the atmosphere in the arena could be better at times I don't think it's fair to say Ottawa has the worst fans.
    A comparison of the cost of tickets and attendance would show that Ottawa has great fans compared to most American cities. Let's also not forget that since 1992 thousands of season's ticket holders have continued to come back year after year after year, despite Ottawa icing horrible teams. Remember the year of, what was it - 7 wins? At that time all the fans were willing to be patient because we were building a Stanley Cup winner, unlike our expansion cousins, Tampa, who were trading their draft picks to get better immediately and thus (so we thought) sacrificing their future. Fast forward to this year and Tampa already has a cup under their belts and Ottawa fans continue to get year after year of disappointment but still go back in droves.
    Ottawa has great hockey fans.
    Ok, then they are great fans, who are apparently mute. They are loyal, fine, but they don't know how to cheer and rev up the team. Certainly doesn't hope when your fans are booing you at home in a tight game that you're dominating. The Sharks were scored on my edmonton last game, to tie it up, and the fans just kept screaming and cheering on their team. What a concept, supporting the team.

1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

100 Level Sens Fans

I was at "The Bank" a couple games ago and the place was like a church! I was sitting in the 100 level, 10 rows from the glass and hardly anybody would jump up and down when we scored, sickening that some people in the 100 level don't encourage their team. Midway through the game a older man sitting behind us, told me and my buddy to sit dow in a very stern voice! I in turn told him that if he was a true fan, he would rise from his seat and show some kind of enthusiasm for his home team or alternatively he can kiss my everytime he saw it rise from the seat!!! I am not saying that you have to be a maniac fan at a sens game, but let others do as they wish. If you don't want to watch a persons back during a hockey game, stay the hell home and watch it on the tube!!

Nuff said!

[quote=jonf][quote=Shivas Irons]
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Has anyone else come to the realization that the Sens have the absolute worst fans in the league. By the worst fans, I mean the atmosphere in the arena. /

Ok, then they are great fans, who are apparently mute. They are loyal, fine, but they don't know how to cheer and rev up the team. Certainly doesn't hope when your fans are booing you at home in a tight game that you're dominating. The Sharks were scored on my edmonton last game, to tie it up, and the fans just kept screaming and cheering on their team. What a concept, supporting the team.
    Were you at the game?

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Looks horrible for the sens now. Will we be golfing tomorrow?
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Scary

I have been watching every series and I am still amazed by this FUNK that the Sens are in. How can an entire team lose everything they have built up over an entire season in just a few games. I thought that the Sens had turned the corner after TB and that Buffalo would skate with them but that in the end the Sens would prove too much. Unbeleivable is how I have to describe it. They look really tired, they seemed slow compared to Buffalo. I am afraid that Muckler's job will be on the line or major shake-ups this summer are almost inevitable.

Seeing only 3 teams have come back from the 3-0 deficit even if the Sens play really weel the enormous odds are against them. Pride has take over from nerves tonight or this team will be deemed one of the all time failures by all.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidou
    Midway through the game a older man sitting behind us, told me and my buddy to sit dow in a very stern voice! I in turn told him that if he was a true fan, he would rise from his seat and show some kind of enthusiasm for his home team or alternatively he can kiss my everytime he saw it rise from the seat!!!Nuff said!

ROFLMAO! Way to go Bidou !

So did he?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar
    He was huffing and puffing afterwards but what was he gonna do? I had an entire section that agreed with me and from then on, we made it our mission to rise for just about any reason.

An example of this is when Sparty was air gunning subs and shirts on the other side of the rink, we pretended that somehow Spartys air gun could reach us 250 ft away and made comments like "that was so close"! Subs and shirts go about 50 feet.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidou
    He was huffing and puffing afterwards but what was he gonna do? I had an entire section that agreed with me and from then on, we made it our mission to rise for just about any reason.

Now, if we could only get you to tell FunDonny to kiss your about Michelle Wie
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    I have been watching every series and I am still amazed by this FUNK that the Sens are in. How can an entire team lose everything they have built up over an entire season in just a few games. I thought that the Sens had turned the corner after TB and that Buffalo would skate with them but that in the end the Sens would prove too much. Unbeleivable is how I have to describe it.
    I see this series a little differently. In Game 1 both teams played sloppy with lousy goaltending, but the Sens still had the edge in play and should have won. They gave it away instead. In Game 2 the Sens totally dominated the game but Buffalo scored on their few chances and Miller stood on his head. Again the Sens should have won but they didn't. I would give the edge to Buffalo in Game 3 - the Sens played well at times but the Buffalo played their best game of the series and deserved the win.

What is unbelievable is how many times this has happened to them in the playoffs before. The Sens outplay the other team, but can't score. The opposition gets much fewer scoring chances but buries them. That was the story this year against Buffalo and in the past, and numerous times against the Leafs. Their goalie plays better than our goalie, and that's what decides the series. It is the one position where the opposition always seems to have better personnel than the Sens. I like Emery and thought he played well in Games 2 and 3 - but I can't help wondering if Hasek would have made a difference.

I don't think you will see huge changes next year. Muckler has built an excellent team and a top-notch farm system with limited resources. If Hasek retires they'll give Emery a chance for the #1 job and make a decision then. I think they'll keep Chara and let Redden go so they can re-sign Spezza, Havlat and Schaefer (I think they're all RFA's next year). They have a lot of rookies in their line-up that will just get better next year.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    I see two differences between the sens and the sabres:

1. Buffalo has confidence.
    2. Buffalo plays like a team.

Hasek will start tonight which may, or may not, give the team more confidence.

Thread Information