CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Physically speaking, are you denying the average size of North Americans and Asians is different? Good lord, is the world so bloody sensitive these days that you can't say anything? If you look at the averages, there's no denying it. It's not a negative or positive, it's just the way things evolved. Good gried jack, relax.
    Make a sweeping generalization like you did and I'll jump all over it every time. You had to have expected it.

Do you have the averages in front of you? Do you have a degree in ethnology?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    No, but if you insist I'll dig up the information, but I don't think I need to. It's not breaking news.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Putting the ethnicity issue aside, since when was height and weight an issue in golf anyway? For example:

Mike Weir
    Height: 5-9
    Weight: 155

Camilo Villegas
    Height: 5-9
    Weight: 160

Shigeki Maruyama
    Height: 5-7
    Weight: 185

Sergio Garcia
    Height: 5-10
    Weight: 160
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

There's no question size and strength help!!! Especially for a woman trying to compete with the boys, I'd say strength and size are imperative!
    Last edited by fundonny; 05-06-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Jesus this discussion is stale. It's her decision what route she takes and that's all that matters, and in my opinion it's very very far from impossible for a woman to win a men's event. Wie is longer than Fred Funk and i think he won a pretty big tournament last year. Nuf said.

John you have to expect a rebuttle! How about a question... You say a men's event, do you mean a PGA Tour event, the best of the best?

Some of the skinniest / weakest looking guys a i know have ridiculously high club head speeds. They can't bench press half their own weight, but they bomb it past me.

There is no doubt that strength helps when coming out of deep thick rough... and strength can be gained in the weight room if necessary. However, clubhead speed is something that you either have, or you don't. Wie has it. I don't. At 6ft 175lbs, I'm her height but heavier, and stronger. But what does that prove? She can still bomb it past me.

According to many male PGA pros, the ability to put spin on the ball around the greens is something that they haven't ever seen from any other female player - Annika included. Commentator Peter Oosterhuis on the Golf Channel says - and I've heard him say this more than once - that if any female can succeed in men's golf it's because of the potential that lies in her short game. Being able to put check on the ball and hit different shots around the greens is, according to Oosterhuis, more critical than being able to hit it as far as the big boys.

Wie has plenty of length thanks to her natural club head speed, but it is her short game, and her ability to hit different spinners around the green which sets her apart from other women. On men's tours, the rough is higher around the greens, the greens significantly are faster, and pins are tucked to spots that only those with tremendous short games can access consistently. The ability to hit the necessary shots around the greens is what will make or break Wie.

But again, she is only 16 (hate to belabour that point but it's just so significant and I don't think we're putting nearly enough emphasis on this)...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Definitely a PGA Tour Event. What is the difference between Fred Funk and Michelle Wie? She is in fact a good deal longer than him so what's holding her back from winning a tournament? I'm not saying now but down the road i think it will definitely happen. Once she matures a bit and builds her strength and confidence i think she'll be all over it.

From other women? What other women? She hasn't won anything against the ladies yet. How is she set apart? Aside from her length!!!

From other women? What other women? She hasn't won anything against the ladies yet. How is she set apart? Aside from her length!!!
    I'm not following... no one is saying she has won anything yet (at least not in the past couple of posts)....
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    You think what that SI guy did was wrong? What about people who watch on TV and call in infractions?
    Ya, 100% wrong, without a doubt. He waited til she signed on sunday to turn her in. People who phone in, the infraction applies that day, NO DQ...it was a typical hater move.

It was weird, that's for sure. SI really went nuts defending him. I think only a PGA rules official should be able to apply a penalty. Maybe they should have some watching TVs as well.

What sets Michelle apart from Annika, Paula Creamer, Gublis, Pressel, and the Korean up and comers? Answer me that one please.

She's going to be alot hotter than most of em in about two years?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Colby, that goes back to Shark's original point, is that how she wants to live? Those guys who are journeymen make more money on the PGA tour then they would on the Nationwide tour. Wie could win and make more money on the LPGA tour then she will on the PGA Tour. She could collect 15 to 30 grand each time she makes a cut, which when she's in her 20's could be about 10 times a year. So that's most likely a max of about $300,000 and zero wins. Or she could make almost a million on the LPGA Tour and be a winner. Women could qualify to play with the big boys (COULD), but a woman will never ever win an event. It's just not in the cards. It all depends on how she wants to live her life.
    Donny,

Currently first place on the LPGA wouldn't get you into the top 40 on the men's tour. And 50th on the LPGA list is just over 60K. On the men's tour 50th is almost 600K. The potential to earn money is far greater on the PGA tour. In fact, 50th on the LPGA Money List is about 184 on the PGA Money List.

And I would be happy with 300K a year and her sponsorship money. Does she have to win, not necessarily.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I agree she has more money then god, but the money aspect goes more towards earning a tour card then lining her wallet. I think we'd all agree that she could probably win about a fifth of the LPGA tournaments she enters (once she learns how to win for the first time). As a pro, isn't winning the goal?

Not hotter then Gulbis or Creamer! Giggady giggady giggady!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    She's going to be alot hotter than most of em in about two years?

OHHHHH YEAHHHH buddy give her a few years, obviously she's just a kid now but when she's twenty i bet she's absolutely georgeous! Gulbis has a trashy element to her that i find gross and Creamer well she's a cutie. Gotta say i like the Gambit avatar better Donny!

Didn't think anyone knew who Gambit was, no one ever commented!

Gulbis has the best stomach man, did you see her calendar? Awesome stems too!

Andru
    You think what that SI guy did was wrong? What about people who watch on TV and call in infractions?
    Those people do it immediately. This guy waited till the next day. He's a jerk.

Thread Information