CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flames

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Thumbs down flames

Was that not the WORST game 7 ever played? Calgary played like complete crap - they didn't even look like they cared. And this is coming from someone who actually enjoys the way Calgary plays. I like the hard hitting dump and chase that they usually play, but they just came out flat as if they couldn't care less. Not what you expect from the first game 7 of the playoffs.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Anaheim wanted it more. They were winning the loose puck battles all night. They deserved to win...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    How many shots did they have in the 2nd period alone, 2 maybe. They definitely looked bad. On to the 2nd round.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    worked out for my pool
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams
    worked out for my pool
    Worked out great for me too, now my team is the top seed in the West
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

"Richard"
    and now your team has to play a team with a super hot goalie and a team that just knocked off the best team in the NHL. I'd be scared. Goooo oilers!

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    That game was simply brutal. Rumour has it, Calgary's was mistakenly put on the wrong plane. Officials at AC are still trying to correct their mistake. Looks like it will have to be Ottawa and Edmonton for the cup. GO SENS
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    and now your team has to play a team with a super hot goalie and a team that just knocked off the best team in the NHL. I'd be scared. Goooo oilers!
    Oh yeah, San Jose played like chopped liver in their first round. The beat one of the best at home teams in the NHL, twice in their own barn. They have no goal scorers in San Jose. Their goalie is not good either. That Toskala guy is what, 3rd in the Playoff Stats amongst goalies? With 7 less goals against than the Oilers goalie. Yeah, you are right, Sharks are in big trouble. I am shaking in my boots here.

Oh wait, don't they have Thornton, Marleau, CheeChoo,Pressing, Eirhoff.Smith, Bernier etc etc?

As for knocking off the best team in the NHL. Hardly. They did however knock off the team that played in the weakest division of the NHL, which allowed them to rack up the points. No wonder the Wings were not ready for playoff hockey.

Somehow I doubt the Sharks are in a great deal of fear over the Oilers.

One thing about it, I have ONE TEAM I CHEER FOR ALL YEAR. Not two or three or whoever you think might have a shot at winning a series. If the Sharks lose they lose, it won't be the end of the world for me.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Oh yeah, San Jose played like chopped liver in their first round. The beat one of the best at home teams in the NHL, twice in their own barn. They have no goal scorers in San Jose. Their goalie is not good either. That Toskala guy is what, 3rd in the Playoff Stats amongst goalies? With 7 less goals against than the Oilers goalie. Yeah, you are right, Sharks are in big trouble. I am shaking in my boots here.

Oh wait, don't they have Thornton, Marleau, CheeChoo,Pressing, Eirhoff.Smith, Bernier etc etc?

As for knocking off the best team in the NHL. Hardly. They did however knock off the team that played in the weakest division of the NHL, which allowed them to rack up the points. No wonder the Wings were not ready for playoff hockey.

Somehow I doubt the Sharks are in a great deal of fear over the Oilers.

One thing about it, I have ONE TEAM I CHEER FOR ALL YEAR. Not two or three or whoever you think might have a shot at winning a series. If the Sharks lose they lose, it won't be the end of the world for me.
    If you think that the Sharks aren't concerned about the Oilers, then you may not be in line for an NHL coaching position down the road...that's just a ridiculous attitude, in my opinion. "Hey guys, don't even try...those Oilers aren't even any good!"

I'm betting that Joe T is going to lay another playoff egg...it'll just follow what's happened up until now in his career.

Pressing + Eirhoff + Smith + Bernier= Who?
    Cheechoo is overrated - anyone could have scored 50 goals playing with Thornton.

Nashville who? Also played in the same crappy division as Detroit, but did MUCH WORSE than detroit. Not to mention, they lost their goalie, the only reason they even made the playoffs. Ya, the Sharks sure had it tough in the first round. And by tough, I clearly mean they faced the easiest opponent in the West, who didn't even have their most important player.

If the Sharks aren't fearing the Oilers right now, they should be, because if they don't think they're in tough, they will get blown out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Pressing + Eirhoff + Smith + Bernier= Who?
    Cheechoo is overrated - anyone could have scored 50 goals playing with Thornton.

Nashville who? Also played in the same crappy division as Detroit, but did MUCH WORSE than detroit. Not to mention, they lost their goalie, the only reason they even made the playoffs. Ya, the Sharks sure had it tough in the first round. And by tough, I clearly mean they faced the easiest opponent in the West, who didn't even have their most important player.

If the Sharks aren't fearing the Oilers right now, they should be, because if they don't think they're in tough, they will get blown out of the water.
    Did you watch any of those games? If not then you will not know who I am even talking about! Bernier is one tough customer when he is behind the oppositions net with the puck. Smith, he is a 4th line player who scored during the first round.

At least you admit Thornton is a good player, unlike someone else on this forum

I am not saying they had a tough first round. I would also not say the Oilers had a tough first round. You have to admit that Detroit did not play their best hockey.

Plus I did not mean that the Sharks would not be showing any respect for the Oilers. But I doubt they are afraid of playing them.

Any team that does that are fools, much like the Wings and Dallas. We all know where they are now. Foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Beside, I am not the only one picking the Sharks out of the West, some of the hockey gurus have picked them as well.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    If you think that the Sharks aren't concerned about the Oilers, then you may not be in line for an NHL coaching position down the road...that's just a ridiculous attitude, in my opinion. "Hey guys, don't even try...those Oilers aren't even any good!"

I'm betting that Joe T is going to lay another playoff egg...it'll just follow what's happened up until now in his career.
    Respect and being totally afraid of stepping on the ice are two different things. Did I say the Sharks would not even bother to show up and play against the Oilers? Do you think Ron Wilson has told his team "Ok boys this is going to be a walk in the park here, so no need to prepare for this series" Somehow I doubt that is going to happen.

As for Thornton. I would hardly factor in his past playoff experiences. If I recall, he was with Boston then, and they were not exactly a power house team. Plus in the 04 playoffs he played with cracked ribs, he was bound up so tight he could barely breath. He was frozen up between periods. He is healthy now, and if you do not think he did what Ron Wilson wanted him to do then you should go read what Wilson had to say about him after the first round.

I understand that some people think it is a Capital Offence to be a Canadian and support a NHL Team from USA. But that is what I have done for years and I am not about to change. At least I stick with my team from the start of the season to the end. If the Sharks are eliminated then hockey is over for me. I do not jump onto another team's bandwagon!

You worry about your team against the speedy Sabres, I will worry about my team against the Oilers.

Oh by the way, I am not applying for a Coaching Job in the NHL.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Sharks in 6.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Oilers in 5...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I agree that the Sharks have a good shot at coming out of the West, but at this point, everyone does. Looking at the teams on paper, San Jose has the advantage over Edmonton, but I just have this feeling that Edmonton is going to be a really tough team to beat. No matter what happens though, I see the Avs coming out of the West. They underachieved so much during the regular season and just whooped Dallas. As long as Theodore plays solid, they can stamp their ticket to the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    I agree that the Sharks have a good shot at coming out of the West, but at this point, everyone does. Looking at the teams on paper, San Jose has the advantage over Edmonton, but I just have this feeling that Edmonton is going to be a really tough team to beat. No matter what happens though, I see the Avs coming out of the West. They underachieved so much during the regular season and just whooped Dallas. As long as Theodore plays solid, they can stamp their ticket to the cup.
    Agreed upon, the Oilers will be tough in this series with the Sharks. As for the Avs, you could be right on that one too. Sakic is a great leader and is not getting any younger so he might be thinking this could be his last shot at a Cup. Problem I have here is, my wife is an AVS Fan In 04 when the Sharks eliminated the Avs I did not let her forget that moment

Either way let's just hope it is good exciting hockey to watch.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    The cup winner is the winner between Jersey-Ottawa.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    The cup winner is the winner between Jersey-Ottawa.
    I'll agree with that. Ottawa needs to beat Buffalo first though.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Oilers in 5...
    OK I realize the series is not over yet. But we all know the above quote is not going to happen.

Thread Information