CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beer

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Is't Pilsner a type of Lager?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Aqua Velva, beer, vodka, Scope, all does the same thing!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar

Beer

Many Favourites:

Carlsberg Dark
    Guinness
    Rickards Pale
    Keiths

Have to agree on the single malt. Macallan 18 or Oban.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Favourites would be Creemore, Steam Whistle, Konig Pilsner and Stella.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    [quote=SGH
    I can't stand green bottle beer, not sure what it is, but I find it all bitter tasting - especially Heiniken and Grolsh (sp?).[/quote]

Maybe you find that these are bitter because they are Dutch beers? I find most German/Dutch beers bitter, but I do like both Moosehead and Steam Whistle - both in green bottles, and both tasty!
    Last edited by Shivas Irons; 05-01-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    ^^ Good point. That may be the case. I have tried Moosehead and Steam Whistle, and I'm not a huge fan of either. But to be honest, I don't think it's because I find them bitter so much as they just don't meet my expectations. Or maybe I can't get over the stigma of the beer being offered in green bottles - could be psychological.

A heads up for anyone living in the GTA. The steamwhistle factory located beside the Rogers Center gives out free samples of their brew. If you're nice enough they won't stop letting you 'sample' their beer. For a university student such as myself, this is a great opportunity as I can get a nice little buzz and watch a Jays game for under five bucks (transportation, toonie tuesday tickets, and free beer).

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH
    A heads up for anyone living in the GTA. The steamwhistle factory located beside the Rogers Center gives out free samples of their brew. If you're nice enough they won't stop letting you 'sample' their beer. For a university student such as myself, this is a great opportunity as I can get a nice little buzz and watch a Jays game for under five bucks (transportation, toonie tuesday tickets, and free beer).
    Love the brewery deals! Heineken used to do tours of its museum in Amsterdam for 2 guilders, about $1.20CDN. For that price, you got a free beer glass, a tour of their original brewery, and then a 'tasting' at which you basically would sit at a table in a recreation of an old Dutch cafe eating cubes of gouda cheese while the tour guides served you glasses of beer as quick as you could drink them. As soon as an empty glass hit the table, it was replaced by a full one. If it was your birthday, you'd have to go up in front of everyone and chug a delft stein of beer in the time it took everyone to sing the happy birthday song. If you did it, you got to keep the stein. The best part of these tours? They ended at 10am! Nothing like weaving out of the brewery and hitting the Rijksmuseum hammered at 10am! Unfortunately they revamped it and now call it the Heineken 'Experience', charge 10 euros and you only get 3 beers. Bah!

Didn't mean to sound to snobby about euro beers, I've just spent a lot of time there. There are lots of Canuck beers I enjoy like Steamwhistle, Creemore, even Lakehead.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    My favourite beer to sip on has got to be a nice cool pint of Guiness when I'm just having a couple. I agree with jonf that more than a few is not quite right (and expensive).

When I'm drinking more than a few, I really like the Sleeman beers. Especially the Steam and Original Draft. Sleeman's is a little more expensive than most domestics, but well worth the extra couple of bucks for a two four.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    TO THOSE GOLFING LE SORCIER ON THE 20TH

On the way to Le Sorcier, you'll see a Costco. If you have a membership, like beer, and LOVE a bargain, make sure you stop in and pick up some beer. You won't find it cheaper anywhere else in Canada. They have domestic and sometimes have Mexican or Brazilian beers. Mmmmm... Brazilian....
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Brazilian wax was the best invention ever. THey also make good beer. Forget the name though.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    GREAT thread.

I am a beer lover. I believe I have tasted every beer listed so far. I like hops, they are god's gift to the beer lover. Hops make beer bitter, but I like bitter beer. My favourite beer of all time is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I lked it so much I figured out how to make it myself.

There are some fabulous micro-brewery Quebec beers: St-Ambroise, Boreale & Unibrou (sp?) make some world class beers. At the course, give me a heineken.

I'm also a wine lover and a whiskey lover (I guess not a liver-lover!)

As regards the Colt 45, I have consumed it. The king of malt liquor is the "Olde English 800" Try drinking 2 of those 40oz bottles and staying out of jail.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    As regards the Colt 45, I have consumed it. The king of malt liquor is the "Olde English 800" Try drinking 2 of those 40oz bottles and staying out of jail.
    Or just 1 and a half and staying out of the bushes left of the 10th Tee at the Oaks of Cobden... The poor gophers, I cringe when I think what you did to their homes!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bwahahaha. I only vaguely recall that alleged incident. I acknowledge nothing.

Agent99
    If you’re interested in beer paraphernalia from all over the world, there’s a nice little shop in town called Beer Art Treasures located at 434 ˝ Preston St.

Cheers!

http://www.pubitalia.ca/retail.html

Thread Information