CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rain Gear

7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar

Rain Gear

Hey does anyone know where I could order or find, Sunice rain gear? Golftown has some but only at the extreme price points ie Goretex or entry, I know late last year they had middle of the road products but I can't seem to find any when I'm out there. I'm looking at the 150$ level middle of the line jacket, the typhoo level protection I believe its called.
    Rob

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Ebay. Ebay. Ebay.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Rain suits are hard to invest that much cash IMO. You only wear them a couple of times a year. I have a sun mountain provissional suit cost me around $60, works well. The down side is that it's not breathable so it can be hot, but works well on those cold windy days like we've had this week. If your a "golf in the the rain" type of guy then I good rainsuit would be worth it if you play a lot but I find that most people will only finish in the rain, very few like to start when its pouring.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    If your ever down in Myrtle beach thats the place.. I picked up Nike gortex rain pants (the same ones that were at golftown for 250) for 70 bucks US at the Nike outlet..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    If your a "golf in the the rain" type of guy then I good rainsuit would be worth it if you play a lot but I find that most people will only finish in the rain, very few like to start when its pouring.
    If you're like me, and have a pre-negotiated golf day, then it has to be tremendously bad weather for me to not golf.

In that situation, a good GoreTex rainsuit is a worthwhile investment. I've had mine for four years now and it's pretty much good as new.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Goretex cannot be beat. Forresters offers a lifetime waterproof warranty. I have played in pretty good downpours and had a dry shirt aferwards. Mine is also 4 yrs old and looks good as new. I started wearing the jacket as my "main" spring and fall jacket last year (not just on the course) and it has not faded at all.

My old Sunice jacket was really nice looking, but it faded pretty quickly and it was not gortex and was not waterproof, but it was sold as a rain suit.

Gortext is money well spent.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Hey does anyone know where I could order or find, Sunice rain gear? Golftown has some but only at the extreme price points ie Goretex or entry, I know late last year they had middle of the road products but I can't seem to find any when I'm out there. I'm looking at the 150$ level middle of the line jacket, the typhoo level protection I believe its called.
    Try the Outaouais Golf Club pro shop in Rockland.... they had some very reasonable prices for Sun Ice rain suits last year. or call and ask 446-5164
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Check out the Dunning Golf rain suits at GT. They are an affordable Canadian company based out in the GTA. You can check out their web site: http://www.dunninggolf.com/

They are not Gortex but I have seen Zach Johnson use one on the PGA so it must be good. The interior lining looks very breathable so they don’t look to hot in warm weather rain.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Versatility

Thanks for the input, yeah I want something breathable, that can also double as a spring/summer jacket! Something resilant to fading and light enough to wear on a breezy day. Any suggestions? I'd like to go the goretex route but is the much higher price justified? I mean honestly with the sunice gear the middle of the line stuff says good for approx 4 hours in light mid rain. I know goretex is unpenetrable almost lol but is it really worth its weight in gold like some retailers would have you think?
    Rob

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Did you read my post above?

Yeah I did thanks Dan, Just looking for more opinions and options! What are some good companies to consider I hear sunmountain has some new impressive rain gear?
    Rob

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The two biggest names in rain gear are Forresters and Zero Restriction.

They aren't heavy on style, unless you call all black or navy sytlish, whereas most of the other "fashion" brands worry about colours and other girly like stuff like that.

And to confirm once again, yes, the higher price is justified. Warm and dry beats cold and wet 100% of the time.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Take it from a skier, there is no substitute for Gore-tex.

Thread Information