CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar

Golf in Edmonton

I am heading to Edmonton for work next week and was looking to play some golf. I know Kanaskas is much to far, but can someone recomend a must play golf course? I may be able to sneak out for a few rounds.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I was in Edmonton last week; it depends where you're staying... If your downtown good luck it's like Ottawa only WAY more spread out.

Ya I am staying at the Chateau Louis and that is downtown. I guess what you are saying is I will be stuck with eating steak, going to conferences and going to bed.

Maybe I can get some playoff tickets....hmmm. I would much rather play a couple rounds of golf.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Yeah your fate may be similar to mine. There is a course on the way from the airport not sure it looks alright really flat but kinda interesting; it wasen't that close to downtown though. Sorentino's (sp?) is an awesome Italian place at the core of downtown across from the square. Also "Lux" makes a MEAN filet mignon; just have to remember in Alberta Medium rare means rare to us Easteners lol

I like the tips for dinner, especially a steak. It is like going to Japan and not having seafood. Bring on the MCD... (mad cows).

Thanks for the tips on dining.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Rent a car and drive to Jasper (2hrs), play the Jasper Park Lodge course. One of the best in Canada, totally worth your time. It should be open by then, if not already.

As for Edmonton itself, the downtown area bites, try and make it over to the White Ave/Strathcona district around the UofA. Better restaurants, etc.

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Nice course to play in Edmonton

My brother lives in Edmonton and he took me to a golf course that just held a RCGA qualifying event. The course is call "the Ranch". Very beautiful course but at that time the greens were very very fast. http://www.staytogolf.com/theranch/

Another nice course just some 20 minutes outside Edmonton is the "Courgar Creek" golf course. I do believe from what my brother said Stephen Ames, Fred Couples, Peter Jacobson, and Craig Stadler played in a charity event there last year. A friend of mine and my brother carried the score sign.

It is a fairly new course but very very nice. http://www.staytogolf.com/cougarcreek/

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler
    Rent a car and drive to Jasper (2hrs), play the Jasper Park Lodge course. One of the best in Canada, totally worth your time. It should be open by then, if not already.

As for Edmonton itself, the downtown area bites, try and make it over to the White Ave/Strathcona district around the UofA. Better restaurants, etc.
    The drive between Edmonton and Jasper is around 3.5-4 hours (362 km). It should be open now. Further south, a co-worker told me that Banff Springs golf course was to open on May 5th or so....they were still skiing Mt Norquay in mid to late April.

Dave

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY
    The drive between Edmonton and Jasper is around 3.5-4 hours (362 km). It should be open now. Further south, a co-worker told me that Banff Springs golf course was to open on May 5th or so....they were still skiing Mt Norquay in mid to late April.

Dave
    I don't know where I pulled the 2 hours from. If Jasper was only 2 hours from Edmonton, it might be bearable in the winter. But it's not. Deadmonton.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    I live in Edmonton. If you're downtown, it's a 15 to 20 minute drive to about 10 different courses. Lewis Estates is a really nice course that's only 5 minutes West of the West Edmonton Mall. Take a look at this link and it will show you all of the course locations in the area. http://www.edmontongolf.com/coursesmap.php

I just played the Jack Nicklaus course yesterday.. Northern Bear. It's in amazing condition right now but it plays pretty tough. I ended up shooting an 81 but had to take a few penalty strokes.

Redtail Landing is right near the airport and is also a "must play" course in my opinion.

Anyway, hope the link helps out.

Thread Information