100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

GolfReporter.Net

Sorry Dan if this isn't allowed.

My first article is up at the golf reporter! YAY!!!

I love working in sports, it's the best!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It's not really, but in this case I'll allow it.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Enjoyed reading it. especially as I agree with most of your opinions such as fast players like rory, and no exemptions with wie.
    ...only shock was your angry if 'women'/seniors ahead of you?
    Unless they are slow who cares? I kinda like looking at the ladies over the men myself so the more on the course..the better!
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

"Richard"
    Golf is a mental game, doesnt take much to throw you off. If there is a group of kids or seniors or women ahead of me and there is a bit of waiting I automatically assume its them and it really throws me off. That isnt there fault as they usually aren't the problem because sometimes we can see that as they are waiting around at the tee box the other guys are just getting out of their way so they can hit. I would much rather they be behind me. If it was a group or 20-60 year old men ahead of me and we were waiting around to much I just asume the course is over booked. Its really bad on my part but none the less, it does "bug" me and always throws me off. again, hot their fault, mine for thinking that way and letting it get to me when I know that isnt always the case

Sand Wedge oneputtwonder is on a distinguished road
    url?

never mind figured it out.

Why do you get nasty with women in front of you? And why admit it on a Website? Weird...

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    never mind figured it out.

Why do you get nasty with women in front of you? And why admit it on a Website? Weird...
    Yeah..kinda odd. Its listed as a completely separate point from slow play, so he is singling out women and seniors just for what they are??
    I actually find seniors in particular often play admirably. Not long but always in play.
    Paired with 3 old ladies 2 yrs ago as a single I was put off, until they kept applauding my 200 yd drives, which they thought was amazing? ?
    Even though I was avg it made an enjoyable day and I loosened up. In the end shot 81 my best score at the time.
    I owed it to the fun atmosphere of those 3.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    This past week while I was playing in Orlando, I was paired with an older gentleman who couldn't hit the ball more than about 180 yards. But it was dead straight. And he could chip like a demon! We played in under 4 hours. And another day, I was the first group out after the ladies in the morning. 3.5 hours that day, and the ladies in front were all seniors.

I think that we all need to take a deep breath and realize the good fortune that we have, to be out and playing a game that a lot of people are either physically or financially unable to ever play.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

4Iron
    Thotho, I would much rather you were behind me. But I will "allow" you to play with me if you behave, or I would even let you play through if you were a good boy, and didn't hit into me.

How often do you play with ladies - I am talking about on the golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Golf is a mental game, doesnt take much to throw you off. If there is a group of kids or seniors or women ahead of me and there is a bit of waiting I automatically assume its them and it really throws me off. That isnt there fault as they usually aren't the problem because sometimes we can see that as they are waiting around at the tee box the other guys are just getting out of their way so they can hit. I would much rather they be behind me.

I should have specified that by senior, I mean in their 70's that can't hit further then 50 yards at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Enjoyed reading it. especially as I agree with most of your opinions such as fast players like rory, and no exemptions with wie.
    Unless they are slow who cares? I kinda like looking at the ladies over the men myself so the more on the course..the better!

Hmmm, maybe I'll stir a minor controversy already, get some good emails! Woohoo!!!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Iron
    Thotho, I would much rather you were behind me. But I will "allow" you to play with me if you behave, or I would even let you play through if you were a good boy, and didn't hit into me.

How often do you play with ladies - I am talking about on the golf course
    Hi 4iron I have never been paired with a group of ladies, the only time its happened where there was a woman in our group was when she was playing with her husband and they pair us together. First thing I said to my friend was "Oh gawd, we are going to be here all day" and what happened? It was our fastest round to date (they were in carts) and she was awesome! If anything did slow us down it was my friend and his 5 lost balls goes to show you, don't judge a book by its cover. Its something I was more distracted by last year but now I'm starting to realize that being paired with women doesn't slow you down at all. They play from the womens tees and by the time the group infront of you has gotten out of your way the lady in the group is ready anyway... if not ready before you. Seniors and women don't really add to slow play, i think its just a mental block on my end which I'm trying really hard to get past.. and its working so far

Why wouldn't I write it on the site? No where did I write they shouldn't play. I just wrote that I loathe slow play and hate being stuck behind certain people. What's wrong with that? It's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark

why wouldn't you write it? other then it makes you look like a teenager who doesn't know better while you are trying to establish credibility? Remember, lots of seniors would be offended, and remember, you will be one someday.

I for one love it when seniors are playing. I especially love it when the older grannie types are in front. It slows my pace down. I have shot the rounds of my life when seniors have been in front.

God bless seniors! Without em, where would we be?

LOL, jeez louise, you can't write anything without people reading the worst in it. I like fast play. I don't like slow play. Oh dear, I'm going to hell.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I like fast play. I don't like slow play.
    Unfortunately, you did not say it that way on your article.

Well then I'm sure I'll get a few great emails to respond to next week!
    You don't get anywhere in this type of business without provoking a response. Even the negative ones. Ask Don Cherry, Bill Simmons, Kostya Kennedy, Lowell Greene, Peter King, Don Zimmerman... The list goes on.

Yeah, but do you want to be taken seriously or do you want to be known as a joke? Don Cherry, now that is a joke. He needs to be deleted from CBC's programming. Nobody even cares what he has to say...

I want to inform, and entertain of course!

Do you believe that there aren't a great deal of golfers on the courses who roll their eyes when they see a group of slow players in front of them? Sure, we deal with it, but we don't like it.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Hmmm, maybe I'll stir a minor controversy already, get some good emails! Woohoo!!!
    Somehow I have a feeling that there is no need for you to 'stir' controversy! I think it follows you around Donny!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Giggady giggady giggady! Read my bio on the site. I warn folks that they won't agree with me a lot, and to call me on it.

Giggady giggady giggady! Read my bio on the site. I warn folks that they won't agree with me a lot, and to call me on it.
    What scares the hell out of me is that I agree with a good deal of what you say Donny!.... well, except for the slow women and seniors cause I have played with lots of both and they aren't half as bad as the low cappers who take 5 minutes each to read a putt as if they were in the masters ....

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    Yeah, but do you want to be taken seriously or do you want to be known as a joke? Don Cherry, now that is a joke. He needs to be deleted from CBC's programming. Nobody even cares what he has to say...
    Don Cherry is the best part of CBC's programming. It will be a sad day for Hockey Night in Canada and for Canada as a whole when Grapes stops speaking his mind. The world needs more people like Don Cherry and fundonny who are willing to put themselves on the line in order to support their own opinions, no matter how unpopular, and to promote discussion. That's the stuff that makes life interesting. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone avoided saying anything that could ever, maybe, possibly, potentially, theoretically, under the right circumstances, somewhere down the road, offend another human being. Heaven forbid. There are plenty of people out there who share such opinions but are too scared to say anything because they wouldn't want people to disagree with them or to lose respect for them because of their opinions. Don Cherry, and others like him, should be praised for speaking their minds, and not letting others dissuade them from their views. Keep up the good work fundonny

Indio, that's a brilliant point! Can I quote you on it next week? Didn't even think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    What scares the hell out of me is that I agree with a good deal of what you say Donny!.... well, except for the slow women and seniors cause I have played with lots of both and they aren't half as bad as the low cappers who take 5 minutes each to read a putt as if they were in the masters ....

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    . Keep up the good work fundonny
    Jon..... Good post. Donny does speak his mind in here no matter how unpopular it might be.... Unlike some, he is not just trolling and/or stirring the pot.... he seems to be doing it purely out of entertainment value or boredom (IMHO)

Now, having said that how much did he have to pay you to say that!! Or are you his brother, boss, Manager???

Indio, that's a brilliant point! Can I quote you on it next week? Didn't even think of that.
    Huh?? What.... did you say 'brilliant' and 'Indio' in the same sentence? Sheesh, now I am really worried about you Donny!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Now, having said that how much did he have to pay you to say that!! Or are you his brother, boss, Manager???
    Not on the payroll...yet. But I do think the Team 1200 could use an eloquent, intelligent young writer/analyst.

Don Cherry is the best programming on CBC?

Are you serious?

Don Cherry and the best shouldn't even be put in the same paragraph. He needs to be thrown out with the rest of the junk in the trunk. He is a bigot, he is close minded and he needs to just go away

Hey, is anyone buying that swing timer??

Thread Information