100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lets go SENS!!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

Lets go SENS!!

Let's hope for a huge rout tonite, I just got some tickets and will be at the game tonite, lets go for a huge win!!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    I'll be there too.
    Just got a call from a buddy who has an extra ticket.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Go SENS Go and GO HABS GO!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Go SENS Go!!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    That sucked. Once again the Lightning took it to the Sens.
    Was it just me or did anyone else think Volchenkov and Kelly had bad games?

2 of 4 goals scored on could be attributed to Volchenkov. The first was due to his give away and the last for not covering LeCavalier in front of the net.

And Kelly missed one a couple of yawning nets...
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Beyond those errors, did anyone else think that Spezza gave the puck away a few too many times in the offensive zone? I can't remember how many times I heard the phrase "blind pass" during the commentary, but it was getting old. I realize the guy's a playmaker, but there's a time and a place for being fancy, and it's not the playoffs.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH
    Beyond those errors, did anyone else think that Spezza gave the puck away a few too many times in the offensive zone? I can't remember how many times I heard the phrase "blind pass" during the commentary, but it was getting old. I realize the guy's a playmaker, but there's a time and a place for being fancy, and it's not the playoffs.
    He (Spezza) gave it up 3 times in the first period alone.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    They are not going to go 16-0 in the playoffs, so if they're going to lose I would rather it be because of their own mistakes rather than being outplayed by the other team.

I thought the Sens totally outplayed Tampa in the first period and Tampa was lucky to be tied 1-1. I thought Tampa totally outplayed the Sens in the 2nd period and the Sens were lucky to by tied 2-2. In the 3rd period it could have gone either way.

The Sens were missing Redden and it showed - Volchenkov is not great at moving the puck up ice and that is why the Redden/Volchenkov pairing works so well. The forwards all played well along with the #1 defence pairing of Chara/Philllps (IMHO Chris Phillips is the most under-rated defenceman in the league). But having Redden with Volchenkov instead of Mezaros (who has a lot of talent but is still a rookie) would have made the difference in this game.

On the positive side, I have tickets for Game 5 of this series so now I will be able to use them.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    They are not going to go 16-0 in the playoffs, so if they're going to lose I would rather it be because of their own mistakes rather than being outplayed by the other team.

I thought the Sens totally outplayed Tampa in the first period and Tampa was lucky to be tied 1-1. I thought Tampa totally outplayed the Sens in the 2nd period and the Sens were lucky to by tied 2-2. In the 3rd period it could have gone either way.

The Sens were missing Redden and it showed - Volchenkov is not great at moving the puck up ice and that is why the Redden/Volchenkov pairing works so well. The forwards all played well along with the #1 defence pairing of Chara/Philllps (IMHO Chris Phillips is the most under-rated defenceman in the league). But having Redden with Volchenkov instead of Mezaros (who has a lot of talent but is still a rookie) would have made the difference in this game.

On the positive side, I have tickets for Game 5 of this series so now I will be able to use them.
    I agree with you on everything apart from your assessment of the 3rd period. They badly outplayed us in the 3rd, Sens goal was 1 of only 2 shots to their 11.

On another note, I was always under the impression that if you smoke an opposing player well after the whistle it is a roughing call!?!? Instead St Louis scored the tying goal when he should have been in the box.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I had no problem with the St Louis hit at all. I thought it was a great play...everyone was standing around waiting for a whistle, and he stepped in and tried to create something for his team. If you actually watch and listen, he hits him right as the whistle blows. He had a full head of steam and got there right as the whistle was blown...no way he could have avoided hitting him.

Spezza giving the puck away in the offensive zone is nothing new...it's what he does.

I couldn't figure out why Kelly was on the top line with heatley and spezza. Why break up a line that has been so productive. I know that they want to even out their lines, but I didn't like that decision. I did think the Fisher Havlat Schaeffer line was great - Mike Fisher will always create chances, and those guys seemed to be clicking.

I agree 100 percent that Phillips is the most underrated Dman out there. I was really glad to see the A on his jersey in Redden's absence...he definitely deserves it. Good to see that the coaching staff recognize the importance of his contribution.

A loss is always disappointing, and the Sens could definitely have played better. Their passing wasn't great and there were a few giveaways, but even though they weren't on top of their game, they were able to keep it close. Just goest to show that if they do find their form, they will be really tough to beat.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Well I must say that the game was essentially lost on mistakes. Volchenkov with the giveaway, and then later on, not picking up St Louis. But I think the best error was when Chara blew a tire at the blue line. Redden was really missed last night and I hope he will be back in time for tomorrow's game.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    Great news...Redden's back for the two games in TB and then heading back home for the funeral on Friday and then back to Ottawa for game 5 on Saturday. I'm sure his mother talked to him about this and wants him to play.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghaakman
    Great news...Redden's back for the two games in TB and then heading back home for the funeral on Friday and then back to Ottawa for game 5 on Saturday. I'm sure his mother talked to him about this and wants him to play.
    I'm glad to see Wade back, even with the heavy heart. I am sure Wade feels that the best way to respect his mother will be to play his heart out and dedicate his performance to his mother.

Thread Information