CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OAC Golf school

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar

OAC Golf school

I have signed up for the winter OAC golf school. I would like to pool those who have been through the school to comment on their experiences.

Did you find that you received your share of instruction during the hours you attended? What time of day would you say gave you the most bang for your buck, or did it matter? Did you have to wait to use any of the facilities, ie. putting surface, bunker, chipping/pitching area?

Did/do you have your favourite instructor?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I have been going now for 2 years.
    I usually go mid morning on weekdays and find it pretty good for not having to wait for a bay. You only wait a few minutes on busy days.
    You can get as much instruction as you like. There is no limit to the number of times you can go.
    Initially you get a video done to identify the areas you need to work on. This is done again at the end of the winter to asses your progress and give you things to work on through the season.
    When you go, you warm up, and then put up your flag to indicate that you'd like someone to come over and work with you. They always start by asking what you are working on, and go from there. They usuallly spend 10 - 15 minutes with you and leave you something to work on when they go. This way you are always progressing and building on specific things.

The instruction is top-notch. You will, of course find an instructor that you can relate to, and it is good to try and see him/her when you go in. It is also great to get another viewpoint from time to time. That will happen, as you cannot always see the pro you prefer. Be sure to work with as many as you can in the beginning, since you never know whom you will "click" with. Personally, I like Colin Orr, but your own learning style, meshed with the teaching style of the instructor will dictate who you like. The instructors are all excellent.

I highly recommend it.

Thread Information