CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

I'm in love.... (shafts)

so I went to GT today to try out some new shafts. I have an adams RPM driver which adams will be sending back out to me soon after they replace the old one (cracked head.. yes I'm that strong). Hopefully they can't replace it because its out of stock and send me an upgrade to 460cc dual. Anyway, was decided which shaft to put in it as I'm going to pull the fujikura shaft it will come with. I tried the r7 460 to get an idea about the new fujikura re*ax shaft and then someone at GT suggested I try a UST v2 shaft (titelist club). WOW, I would never have thought a shaft could make that much of a difference. It meets are the requirements Don told me to look for when getting my new shaft (firm tip, low torque, mid kick, stiff flex, heavy shaft).

Anyway, looking for it on ebay now but can't find it. I can't wait to get my hands on this shaft. Its sweet! The weight takes time to get used to but it really does help me come down and up at the ball and lets me drop the club faster on my downswing.

So far the best shaft I'm hit (for me)

From their website

Proforce V2 75
    Proforce V2 75 incorporates Proforce Tip Technology to produce a tip balanced shaft with low torque and a responsive tip. The V2 uses the most advanced materials and design to stabilize the larger 400 to 460cc heads for maximum energy transfer at impact. The V2 75 is designed for above average swing speed golfers with stronger tempo looking to maximize launch conditions and control! Now Available in both .335 and .350 parallel tip woods. Suggested Retail = $90.

Also, I did try the Rombax shaft (the TP shaft in the r7 425) and it didn't work for me. Maybe my swing isn't consistant enough

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    So, Dick loves shafts....

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Anyway, looking for it on ebay now but can't find it. I can't wait to get my hands on this shaft. Its sweet! The weight takes time to get used to but it really does help me come down and up at the ball and lets me drop the club faster on my downswing.
    Available at Golfworks on Industrial Avenue for $80 CDN + tax:

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_US0001W
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    So, Dick loves shafts....

Dick got shafted!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Available at Golfworks on Industrial Avenue for $80 CDN + tax:

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_US0001W
    OMG, thanks tigre, much appreciated!

Yes yes DICK loves shafts.. ahahha

I normally would have realized I was setting myself up but I forgot you guys call me richard or dick. Hilarious!

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    (cracked head.. yes I'm that strong). It meets are the requirements Don told me to look for when getting my new shaft (firm tip, low torque, mid kick, stiff flex, heavy shaft).
    Hi thotho

So how fast do you swing a driver?
    Kind regards, Harry

"Richard"
    110mph as of today. Been working out and working on holding the wrist cock right till the last possible moment. I can get it upto 115 if I need to

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Problem

The only problem now Thotho is that once you buy all the tools and get them fitted, the only responsable party for a bad shot is the carpenter himself! I am glad you got shafted, I mean fitted and realised what a difference it could make. HIT IT LARGE BABY!!!!

Hey Thotho, check out this golf ball website, it is awesome, you can find a ball to match your swing if you know how little or how much spin & distance you want.

http://www.golfballtest.com
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

"Richard"
    Thanks lefty, but I can't figure out what any of this means. I want as little spin as possible for my driver. I assume we are talking back spin. I'm usually around 4300 and I'm still getting it out there over 275 carry on the sims (and the monitor with don). If I can get the spin down to 3500 and hit it in the sweet spot more often I think I might have some crazy drives this year

If I'm reading this correctly Precept PWRDrive is the one I should get if I'm trying to lower my driver back spin?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Proforce V2 75Proforce V2 75 incorporates Proforce Tip Technology to produce a tip balanced shaft with low torque and a responsive tip. The V2 uses the most advanced materials and design to stabilize the larger 400 to 460cc heads for maximum energy transfer at impact. The V2 75 is designed for above average swing speed golfers with stronger tempo looking to maximize launch conditions and control! Now Available in both .335 and .350 parallel tip woods. Suggested Retail = $90.
    I am in the process of experimenting with 4 different shafts in my 455 Deep Bore and the UST V-2 60 (I picked the number 'cause it matches my age) is one of them. While I have only played 2 games with it, the feel and performance so far is outstanding. UST has come up with a winner.

"Richard"
    Did you find it a little stiff? to little torque? What other shafts are you using? Are they all similar? would be interested to know what else you are trying since we are both fans of the same shaft

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Did you find it a little stiff? to little torque? What other shafts are you using? Are they all similar? would be interested to know what else you are trying since we are both fans of the same shaft
    The other shaft that I have tried is the Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 S. Waiting in the wings is a Graphite Design YS-6 S, a Wishon Superlight and, just for the fun of it, a UST V-2 "A" flex. My choices were based on the 3 Wishon parameters uses to determine shaft choice, swing speed and the flex profiles from the Wishon Shaft Profiling software. I will try the others in time, but I have been under par using the V-2 the last two games, so I will wait until I return to normal before switching.

Yes, the UST felt stiffer than the Fuji, but after using an Accuflex Evolution, a crowbar would seem more flexible. I have a Tour Exotics 3+ wood with a Fuji shaft that feels like overcooked spaghetti, but I hit very well, and I like the softer feel. It seems that no matter what shaft I use, my swing speed and ball flight trajectory is the same. Maybe I just have the kind of swing where any ole shaft will be fine. Perhaps I should choose a shaft based on colour. The burgundy and white Accuflex VS 339 matches the burgundy 455 Deep Bore. Now if I could only find burgundy and white underwear to match.

"Richard"
    please refer to my should your hat color match your shoes thread from last year... some good suggestions in there ahahahah

I wish I was good enough that the shaft didn't matter. One day, one day. Are you coming to the golf forum day?

Thread Information