100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar

PING Custom Fitting

Hi,

I'd like to get my ping's fitted. Does anyone know where I can do that locally? Also is it true that they will do it for free if you pay shipping to get them done?

Cheers,

3 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road

Ping fitting

I've had my Ping Irons fit for loft and lie at Chuck Brown's in previous years. I only paid shipping (I think it was about $25 for the shipping) - no other charges.

Sweeeeet

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    If you want a wicked fitting they do it right at ping in oakville.. a geat experience if your up that way.. You will get more than just a static fit
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

That sounds great.

Do you have an address? Might just be worthwhile and I don't have to waste time with shipping.

PING Canada
    2790 Brighton Road
    Oakville
    Ontario, Canada L6H 5T4
    phone: 905-829-8004
    phone: 866-424-7464

Had a couple friends go through it and loved it..

Awesome thanks alot; is it true you just have to show up with your pings and it's all good? I bought them second hand.

Yeah man.. call and make an appointment though.. they will refit em for ya.

Andru
    Royal Ottawa does Ping I believe, You can do Nike Fitting and I think Titleist at the Marshes, Kevin Haime's does dynamic outdoor ping fitting as well, at least they use to.

Youc an also get fitted at Carleton GC, Private clubs will usually sell you something our of the pro shot. They'll also do a fitting or lesson. Don't hesitate to all them and at least ask.
    Last edited by Andru; 04-16-2006 at 11:42 PM.

4 Iron DewDuster is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    They'll also do a fitting or lesson. Don't hesitate to all them and at least ask. Don't bother calling the Hunt Club. They won't call back. They're pretty snobby. Though I'll say this, a VERY pretigious golf club in the GTA called back. Very classy. Just couldn't get our schedules to match.
    Why do you assume it's because it's snobby? When did you call? Could be lots of reasons why you never got called back - lost number, incompetence, staff being busy getting ready for the season, misplaced message etc. but I doubt the reason you didn't get called back is because it is snobby.

I have 3 friends of mine (non-members) who have bought clubs there in the last 18 months and received great service. In only 1 case was the staff aware they were referred by a member.

I have no idea why you didn't get called back, but to make an assumption it's becaue they are snobby is as unfair as to make an assumption that it was because you were rude to them. The staff at the Hunt is genuinely nice and try their best to provide good service to members and non-members, your statement is quite presumptuous.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by DewDuster
    Why do you assume it's because it's snobby? When did you call? Could be lots of reasons why you never got called back - lost number, incompetence, staff being busy getting ready for the season, misplaced message etc. but I doubt the reason you didn't get called back is because it is snobby.

I have 3 friends of mine (non-members) who have bought clubs there in the last 18 months and received great service. In only 1 case was the staff aware they were referred by a member.

I have no idea why you didn't get called back, but to make an assumption it's becaue they are snobby is as unfair as to make an assumption that it was because you were rude to them. The staff at the Hunt is genuinely nice and try their best to provide good service to members and non-members, your statement is quite presumptuous.
    Good Response DewDuster.

One call maybe. 3 calls. Obviously not interested. I have no time to dabate this. I'll remove it because as you pointed out, It's just an opinion and not a fair comment.

I contacted Carelton and Huntclub got a resonpose from both. Huntclub is actually 15$ cheaper at 60$; I do believe Nevada Bob's is free though; the only advantage of doing it at Hunt or Carleton would be that I can see my ball flight outdoors.

Is it worth the ~50$ or will the free fitting at Nevada Bob's or Chuck Brown's be just as accurate?

I found both places to be rather friendly; I guess it all depends who picks up the phone and what kind of mood they are in. I got a young gentleman at Huntclub and he even said I could come in immediately.

Anyways anyone have any thoughts on my above question?

Cheers,
    Last edited by dH; 04-17-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by dHacka
    I contacted Carelton and Huntclub got a resonpose from both. Huntclub is actually 15$ cheaper at 60$; I do believe Nevada Bob's is free though; the only advantage of doing it at Hunt or Carleton would be that I can see my ball flight outdoors.

Is it worth the ~50$ or will the free fitting at Nevada Bob's or Chuck Brown's be just as accurate?

I found both places to be rather friendly; I guess it all depends who picks up the phone and what kind of mood they are in. I got a young genteleman at Huntclub and he even said I could come in immediately.

Cheers,
    That's great. You will really enjoy the process. You also learn quite a bit about your swing. Good luck and have fun with it.

PS: make sue you go when it's not as windy

Cheers

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I did a free outdoor ping fitting @ rideauview last season for a G5.

It was a good experience, and I got it for free... not sure what the conditions are surrounding the sessions since you already have the clubs, but it might be worth looking into.

I spoke directly w/ our local Ping rep Martin to arrange a time, but if you contact Ping Canada they will also help you out.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Good Response DewDuster.

One call maybe. 3 calls. Obviously not interested. I have no time to dabate this. I'll remove it because as you pointed out, It's just an opinion and not a fair comment.
    Well, whether it's snobby or not is debatable, but there's no debate that 3 unreturned calls is not great service regardless of the reason.

Although unacceptable, I believe this is an anomaly and I was glad to hear dHacka did receive a prompt, friendly response.

If it is any consolation, I will bring the lack of response to your calls to the attention of the head pro.

"Richard"
    I called that number, they are booked solid until june 17th incase anyone was thinking about calling.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    which #?

ping canada?
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    PING Canada
    2790 Brighton Road
    Oakville
    Ontario, Canada L6H 5T4
    phone: 905-829-8004
    phone: 866-424-7464

Had a couple friends go through it and loved it..
    Sorry, yes the number in oakville

Talked to Huntclub & Nevada Bob's today:

Huntclub: 60$ for a fitting you get to go outside, try a few different clubs; obviously get measured etc. Than if adjustments are required they ship them to Ping ~25$(minimum) I'm guessing. Than wait 3-~12 business days.

Nevada Bob's: Free fitting not sure how they do it but it's free; than they charge you 5$ a club; if all 8 need adjustments that's 40$. They told me that they have the ping fitting system in house so what they do is identical to what would happen if someone shipped it to Ping. Just a different person operating the machine.

My question: Anyone here experienced a fitting like the ones mentioned above; is it worth it to spend the extra and go Huntclub way or is the Nevada Bob's more than sufficient.

I know I"ll only have to do it once but if I don't need to spend extra $ I'd rather not but getting a good fit is the top priority.

Regards,
    Rob

Rob,

Disclaimer - I'm a member at the Hunt, so factor that in with my opinion.

Just talked to a friend (another member) who just got fitted within the last 2 weeks at the Hunt. He described it as basically a mini-lesson with the pro and was very positive on the experience.

Also factor in you can probably hit as many balls as you want on the range so that's worth something as well. Note that it will probably be off the mats as the grass tees are not open this early, although the course came out of winter so nice you never know.

There's a huge sample of Ping irons, this may be standard for all golf shops though.

Good luck

Thanks Dewduster,

I am weighing the options; the large ping samples doesn't really apply as I have my own clubs already and have memberships at range. I think the main reason I'd want to visit Hunt or Carleton would be to see ball flight however I'm not sure how much benefit that gives over an accurate indoor system.

Cheers,
    Rob

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    dH,

Just wondering how your session went. Where did you end up going? I am set for the Hunt, but may go elsewhere if it is cheaper and just as good.

Thanks,

Paulio.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

"Richard"
    Golftown paid for all their club repair guys to go to ping in the states for a week and were trained. Take them to golftown if you want, he will do a great job. Has tweeked my set atleast 4 times now.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Cool.. how long did it take for your clubs to get back? How long is the session? I am pretty sure I am red dot and need about 1/2 in. taken off..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

How tall are you? I'm either flat or standard. I'm using 2* upright as of now w/ success though. Lots has to do w/ the flatness of my swing which I've decreaed recently but that may be due to the * of my irons. I'm 5'10 and they told me 3/8" longer which I don't think is terribly accurate as my arms are proportional lol.

Thread Information