CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to All

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar

Hello to All

Well, after lurking here for about a month, I decided that I had better join up. I'm a 56 year old retired Silly Servant and computer geek. What a life! Geek all winter and golf nut all summer! Still, beats the hell out of working!

Played my first round of the year today at Manderley. I was a little disappointed with the 105 that I shot, but I hit enough good shots to keep me coming back. My goal this year is to break 90, so I'll need to keep at it.

I spend the winter taking lessons from Mike Kubiseski at T-to-Green and am finally starting to groove that inside path. I just need to carry a piece of that nice green carpet that I've been hitting off all winter! This grass stuff is too difficult!

I usually play in the west end (Canadian, Glen Mar, Greensmere, etc) with three other retired old farts. None of us are overly competitive, but we enjoy our games and a couple of cold ones afterward.

I look forward to meeting some of you (although, most seem out of my league) as the summer progresses. TTYS.........................Ian

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Welcome Ian. And don't worry about "out of your league" players. Its all about having fun and meeting new people. And there is enough good people to hear to have a good time with.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Yeah,thats the same league im in
    Is it true t-to green is now owned by the Nadon group?
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Welcome Ian hopefully I'll see you out there as I golf alot at Manderley and elsewhere in the West/South End of Ottawa.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yes Danielle Nadon now owns T-to-Green

Yes, the Nadon group took over effective last Monday. Up until then, I was recommending T-to-Green highly. The access to video was just great! Now, we shall have to see what the new regime is like. I don't really expect big changes, but you never know.

They are offering a great summer deal, which will allow me to take a look at my swing on video to correct any problems throughout the summer. Can't wait for Canadian next Tues!.........................Ian

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Ian.... I am sure you will get to meet many of the inmates in here! Not all members are scratch golfers or low cappers so don't worry about that!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Pitching Wedge Golf_Putz is on a distinguished road Golf_Putz's Avatar
    Welcome Ian,
    I am also a westender (Carp) and am NOT a low handicapper by any stretch of the imagination (90 - 95 is more like it). I like Greensemere as well. Nice course. Maybe I'll run into you there one day. If there is any time in July or August that you're short a 4-some and are looking for someone, let me know I'd be happy to join you...

Quote Originally Posted by Golf_Putz
    Welcome Ian,
    I am also a westender (Carp) and am NOT a low handicapper by any stretch of the imagination (90 - 95 is more like it). I like Greensemere as well. Nice course. Maybe I'll run into you there one day. If there is any time in July or August that you're short a 4-some and are looking for someone, let me know I'd be happy to join you...
    That sounds like a great idea. Although, I can't imagine what those low holes on the back at Greensmere must be like these days! I believe that they are opening this weekend, so I guess it can't be TOO bad.

BTW, what do your friends call you? Golf or Putz? (=: .................Ian

Pitching Wedge Golf_Putz is on a distinguished road Golf_Putz's Avatar
    BTW, what do your friends call you? Golf or Putz? (=: .................Ian
    Depends on who's buying the post-round beer

Thread Information