Quote Originally Posted by thotho
Got my driver numbers and my 6 iron numbers mixed up. Regardless, my 6 iron has dropped about 25 yards on the monitor and my driver even more. LOL I thought lessons were supposed to make me better, not steal my yardage away
Any indoor machine cannot tell you ACTUAL distances. They make guesses based on data. You've changed your swing, which has changed the ALL of the data - not just the swing speed - and as a result the machine made a different calculation. You need to hit outside - preferably at an actual golf course - to validate your club distances before you can make ANY conclusions.

Besides, in all liklihood you are now hitting down on the ball more, and thus getting a higher trajectory along with the better contact. Better contact = more consistency = better average distance and lower scores. Most machines give more distance to hard swingers and decrease distance at higher trajectories. Doesn't always translate in the real world though.

And FWIW, the purpose of the game is to get the ball in the hole in the fewest strokes. Its not a long-drive contest. Who cares if your 150-yard club has a "6" or a "7" on the bottom - as long as you can stick the pin with it from 150 yards away.