100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Shopping on Ebay

Dunno if this is a dumb idea or not, but considering how many of us bid on ebay maybe we should consider telling eachother when we've found something we want. Personally, the last thing I want to do is get into a bidding war with someone from this forum. Golf is about the honour system, so I'd respect someone's wishes if they found an item first, and it would keep the cost down.

Also, maybe a thread can be added indicating what we want on ebay and if anyone happens to run across a fantastic buy it now deal, we can let eachother know. Just think that if we all keep an eye out, we can get exactly what we want in no time!

Kinda like an ottawa golf syndicate!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar

Great Idea

I think that's a great idea. I buy an item here and there on Ebay, and would hate to engage in a bidding war with someone I know/respect off this forum. I am currently bidding on an R5 5-wood, left handed. If that rings a bell, let me know, as the auction ends in a couple of hours.

Cheers,

P.S. 100th post - sweet

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Dunno if this is a dumb idea or not, but considering how many of us bid on ebay maybe we should consider telling eachother when we've found something we want. Personally, the last thing I want to do is get into a bidding war with someone from this forum. Golf is about the honour system, so I'd respect someone's wishes if they found an item first, and it would keep the cost down.

Also, maybe a thread can be added indicating what we want on ebay and if anyone happens to run across a fantastic buy it now deal, we can let eachother know. Just think that if we all keep an eye out, we can get exactly what we want in no time!

Kinda like an ottawa golf syndicate!!!

I have a right handed Ignite 10.5* ending tonight.

Looks like driver number 4 is on the way!! YAY!

"Richard"
    GOt this from a seller today...

Sir, Let me begin by telling you how annoying dealing with you has been. It took you almost 1 month too send me payment. Then you want me to send you the clubs with a value almost 1 tenth their actual value. Then I wait on line at the post office over 1 hour to find that shipping them will cost 45.00...This transaction is over I will be refunding you your money. I am not sending you the clubs........

Then I got his number from ebay, yelled at him a little, he yelled at me a little and we decided to go with UPS. Gotta love ebay. We both apologized to eachother about 15 times and hung up ahahah

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    GOt this from a seller today...

Sir, Let me begin by telling you how annoying dealing with you has been. It took you almost 1 month too send me payment. Then you want me to send you the clubs with a value almost 1 tenth their actual value. Then I wait on line at the post office over 1 hour to find that shipping them will cost 45.00...This transaction is over I will be refunding you your money. I am not sending you the clubs........

Then I got his number from ebay, yelled at him a little, he yelled at me a little and we decided to go with UPS. Gotta love ebay. We both apologized to eachother about 15 times and hung up ahahah
    Based on what you said, i would have pulled the plug on the deal with you a long time ago. If the buyer doesn't make payment within 72 hours i pull the plug on the deal for sure

"Richard"
    he only accepted money orders thats why I got the item so cheap, no one else wanted to bid. I mailed the money order within 3 days to the states. he got it in two weeks. Total of 10 business days from date of purchase to the reciept of money order. Thats pretty reasonable if you ask me. Any of the requests I had were asked BEFORE bidding and he was ok with all of them. Shipping via USPS, marking as $40... then I get an email saying sorry I'm goign to have to go UPS ground and I told him sorry that isn't not ok since I will have to pay brokerage fees and had I known that I wouldn't have bought so he tried to go to USPS and he said it was just stupid/crazy so he left then wrote me that email. He saw it from my point of view and agreed to ship the package but via UPS this time and I'll pay the brokerage

How much is brockerage normally? I assume you are referring to duty etc? I bought a club off ebay the other day, from the states, so I'll be looking at paying for duty. How does it work, anyway?

he only accepted money orders thats why I got the item so cheap, no one else wanted to bid. I mailed the money order within 3 days to the states. he got it in two weeks. Total of 10 business days from date of purchase to the reciept of money order. Thats pretty reasonable if you ask me. Any of the requests I had were asked BEFORE bidding and he was ok with all of them. Shipping via USPS, marking as $40... then I get an email saying sorry I'm goign to have to go UPS ground and I told him sorry that isn't not ok since I will have to pay brokerage fees and had I known that I wouldn't have bought so he tried to go to USPS and he said it was just stupid/crazy so he left then wrote me that email. He saw it from my point of view and agreed to ship the package but via UPS this time and I'll pay the brokerage

"Richard"
    you usually wont get nailed for duty. Just taxes (gst and pst) and brokerage fees if its coming via UPS ground.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

How are they paid?

When are they paid? COD? I'm brand new to this.

Cheers,

you usually wont get nailed for duty. Just taxes (gst and pst) and brokerage fees if its coming via UPS ground.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

"Richard"
    COD but you save a fwe % if you call ahead and pay via credit card

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    COD is a dream most people won't send that. Instead of making a group that doesn't bid against each other the biggest $ saver would be if a bunch of you split a mailbox at say mailboxes etc. in ogdensburg .

Thread Information