100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

My golf trip may not happen... help (in getting scammed)

I talked to a golf package place down in the states for ARIZ for dec. The quoted me $550 for 7 days and 7 rounds, hotel included. We changed it to 5 days and he quoted us $350. I went ahead and book my ticket with my points and then I get an email saying there was an error with the system and two of the prices didn't show up. I tell him I've already booked. He said, don't worry I will still get you the same price but I might have to put you guys on some courses that we don't deal with but are still good. Sure no problem so my friend books his ticket. He comes back at with me with a quote of 5 days 5 rounds for $700! thats more than the 7 nights and 7 rounds.

Is there anything I can do? I have both quotes in my inbox that he emailed me. Tickets are booked, non refundable and non transferable. We can go with another company so its not really a big deal but I don't like being yanked around like this buy some dude receptionist who doesn't know how to work a computer and generate a quote or do math!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Buyer beware. Did he know that you had bought the ticket before he wrote back to say some prices were unavailable? Did he change any courses? Do you have an email that says he will charge you the same price, or was it verbal? Did you commit and put a deposit down on the initial quote? No deposit and you are probably out of luck getting that price unfortunately.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Hey thotho, does anything golf related go smoothly for you?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    ahaha, nope... it does not. Quote was via email, the rest was verbal, no deposit. First ticket was booked, he didn't know it was booked when he came back with a new price then I told him I need him to get closer to the first and and he said no proble don't wory about it I'll work it out and we booked the second one

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Is there a possibility the $700 is for two? You mentioned needing two more, maybe he was quoting you the total?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Thread Information