100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Simpsons? You like the Simpsons covanant? Couldn't tell! LOL!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Oh Jvincent, you have no clue what you are getting yourself into! I'm a complete nut job! Lucky for the boys who play with me in april that there are no cart girls otherwise our 4 hour round turns into a 5 hour round. some reason they always find me.. I dont blame them.

You are on, I get into ottawa on may 5th. Will be there until the 15th.
    I better be entertained.

Are you in for the tournament? We don't have a day picked yet that I am aware of, but you should really try to be there.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

"Richard"
    I will be there if I can make it back from toronto. Our company just got bought by a larger one so I'm not sure what my job situation is anymore but I still have full time school... so lets see

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    I want to play with thotho so i can see him get attacked by a rabbit or something!
    LMAO
    I didn't get attacked by a rabit but I did hit a deer with a 5 iron tee shot once in my first year. I've also had a friend talk to a squirel in my back swing

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    My apologies. I had absolutely no idea that the name Deepak was a swear word or in any way racist or any of the stuff you mentioned. I honestly thought I saw in another post mention of your name beeing Deepak. That is all.

My full name is Gurdeep.. where deepak came from I have no clue but I find it kind of racist. In india if you call someone deepak it is the same as calling them a P*#@ and I'm sure he knew that before he said it... or maybe that is why he said it....Kidding

Gurdeep is my full make and my friends call me Depe

Gurdeep is a sikh name and hindus change it to Deepak, since I'm 1/2 1/2 some call me Gurdeep, some call me Depe and very very few call me deepak
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    One with nasty sharp teeth!
    Run Away!!!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    So if someone in your pairing takes a big chunk of turf out of the green after a missed putt that is ok with you? Or they do not fix ball marks, or they do not replace divots.

Not me, and I would say something about it too, and in the past I have.

We as golfers have to police our own actions, and that the actions of our playing partners while on the golf course. Golf is a game that is supposed to be played by GENTLEMEN. Not a bunch of morons running around the course putting peanut butter in the cups.

Much the same as my round on Sunday, the clowns in the 4some ahead of us. Clearly a bunch of hacks, 6 shots each on a 140 yard Par 4, then as they exit the green one clown pulls his cart across the green. So do you let something like that go? Not me, I ripped a strip off his back from the tee box. On the next tee box he leaves a 3/4 full can of beer sitting on the tee. Honestly do people like this deserve to be on a golf course at all?

Sorry gentlemen, I do not condone acts of stupidity on the golf course. I have played this game for 25 years now. It is a game of intgerity and sportsmanship. Someone who is stupid enough to carry a jar of penaut butter with him on a golf course, and putting gobs of it in the cup does not deserve to be playing a GENTLEMAN'S GAME.
    First please don't use italics. It's really tough to read.

Second. I believe in everything you said. But there's subtle ways of making a point and confrontational ways of doing it. In my years of business, managing teams and being a team member my self. A mature approach whereby you lead with example gets better results over the long run. it creates a calm, constructive atmosphere where more ideas can be shared.

'Tearing a strip' pff people only exasperates the negative situation In the face of an attack our first instinct is to defend, then try to retaliate. ( Beer on the next tee ).

I'm simply pointing out thotho corrected the situation in a timely manner. That's all you can do especialyl when your'e playing with someone you don't know.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by SGH
    Dan,

Can you please rid the forum of this guy? He's added no value, and as an everyday visitor, I'd rather not have to read past his drivel. I'm sure this is a shared opinion, and if anyone objects, I'm sorry - just my opinion.

Cheers
    I have no problem with Powerdriver.

Andru
    no point in being humble. Women love confident men
    That doesn't last. Like youth it's fleeting, but dont' take my word for it. Live it.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    My full name is Gurdeep.. where deepak came from I have no clue but I find it kind of racist. In india if you call someone deepak it is the same as calling them a P*#@ and I'm sure he knew that before he said it... or maybe that is why he said it....Kidding

Gurdeep is a sikh name and hindus change it to Deepak, since I'm 1/2 1/2 some call me Gurdeep, some call me Depe and very very few call me deepak
    Why do you find the name Deepak kind of racist? The famous Deepak Chopra has been wearing the name forever.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

OK, I am probably going to regret asking this but what to hell, I just have to, there has to be a story in it. What does the handle 'thotho' stand for???
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Red face

Along the life of this thread there have been some pouncing on thotho. I notice whenever the TGN or OG site senses blood they pounce. I do not know him well but he did buy something from me and the transaction was completely painless.
    Much differently than as some may know how a TGN situation worked out for me.

I find him very amusing. Does not have that mean streak that some incite. Regardless if his stories are true or not, they are funny. Regardless of the pb allergy thing, we all have dolts in our groups sometimes, or stories that almost unbelievable but they happened.

Peace, love, and long straight drives.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee
    Why do you find the name Deepak kind of racist? The famous Deepak Chopra has been wearing the name forever.
    I think thotho was kidding. When I said Deepak rocks I was actually referring to Deepak Chopra, who incidentally has an excellent book called Golf For Enlightenment. Second best golf book ever.

Personally I don't find it amusing or funny to be labelled a racist. It certainly crosses the bounds of joking. Espcially with someone I don't know.

Shark/Rezadue,

Am I missing something??? I don't see anyone calling anyone else a racist and I don't see anyone pouncing on thotho??

What part of the thread have I missed? I did see somone say to get rid of another member, but that wasn't thotho...... Hell, most of us love thotho's posts!

Indio, please see post 79 on this thread:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...1&postcount=79

I was just trying to commend the guy for calling Manderley about the peanut butter and I honestly thought his name was Deepak. He replied that his name was not Deepak and that he thought it was a racist comment and I knew it was a racist comment when I made it.

BTW thotho, I am middle eastern.....

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue
    Indio, please see post 79 on this thread:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...1&postcount=79

I was just trying to commend the guy for calling Manderley about the peanut butter and I honestly thought his name was Deepak. He replied that his name was not Deepak and that he thought it was a racist comment and I knew it was a racist comment when I made it.

BTW thotho, I am middle eastern.....
    Rez,

I think it is a muisunderstanding. I really don't think he was calling you a racist (that wouldn't be thotho). I think he was pointing out that it could be considered a racist remark. I don't believe he would have phrased it that way if he would really have been offended! Thats it, I am going to suit the 2 of you down over a beer at the golf outing.... you will just have to wear a neame tag that says rezadue so I know who to hell you are! thotho won't be hard to pick out of the crowd, I will just look for the beer cart girls!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    I think thotho was kidding. When I said Deepak rocks I was actually referring to Deepak Chopra, who incidentally has an excellent book called Golf For Enlightenment. Second best golf book ever.
    Guys read my post, deepak isn't a racist word. Its a name. I was just kidding. As for people not believing me... no problem. I will continue to post what happens. Today I tried an r7 460 at GT and the head went flying off and hit the simlator screen... happens... to me more than anyone else on this planet

Bring on the rabit and his teeth

"Richard"
    Rez, I don't think you are racist, nothing about the word deepak is racist. My mom used to call me that when I was a kid so did all my aunties and uncles. I was just pulling your leg. When you said "deepak" I thought you were one of my friends on the website and I was just having a little fun. DEEPAK is not a racist word or name. Its just me being silly... as I usually am

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Today I tried an r7 460 at GT and the head went flying off and hit the simlator screen
    Why does this not surprise me?

"Richard"
    Same thing happened to an r7 in ottawa (the old ones).

Okily Dokily then! I apologize if I over reacted.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Today I tried an r7 460 at GT and the head went flying off and hit the simlator screen...
    Are you the proud new owner of a R7 460?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Andru
    Same thing happened to an r7 in ottawa (the old ones).
    thotho you should have a reality show. I've got a name too.

My thotho Life

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    ROFLMAO.....

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Nope, I have no reason to be spending $575 on a driver I'd rather stick to building my own. RPM 10* driver with a Fujikura vista pro stiff, firm tip, low torque, mid kick

I would have been pissed if they made me buy the club, not my fault now is it

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue
    Okily Dokily then! I apologize if I over reacted.
    Hey, no prob and I will still sit you 2 down for that beer..... as long as you wear the tag and thotho gives me the left over cart girls

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    thotho you should have a reality show. I've got a name too.

My thotho Life
    You guys are going to think I'm crazy (if you don't already) but thotho means PENIS in punjabi. Its actually the least rude and innocent way to make refference to it. So why did I pick this name? Cause having 10,000 grown men call me thotho is just hilarious! Funny story I used to be on a different chat site a few years back and I would post my pictures and meet people (girls). Anyway, I was walking in bayshore with a few of my moms friends (I had run into them) and someone recognized me and came upto me and said "hey, you're thotho"
    I just smiled and my moms friends thought they said "hey, YOUR THOTHO" so they all looked down at my zipper...

You guys are going to think I'm crazy (if you don't already) but thotho means PENIS in punjabi. Its actually the least rude and innocent way to make refference to it. So why did I pick this name? Cause having 10,000 grown men call me thotho is just hilarious! Funny story I used to be on a different chat site a few years back and I would post my pictures and meet people (girls). Anyway, I was walking in bayshore with a few of my moms friends (I had run into them) and someone recognized me and came upto me and said "hey, you're thotho"
    I just smiled and my moms friends thought they said "hey, YOUR THOTHO" so they all looked down at my zipper...
    I knew I was going to regret asking!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ya had to ask! That's just too much!

Thread Information