CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Driver Adska is on a distinguished road

Greensmere

Played Greensmere today, and just wanted to report the excellent conditions. Completely dry, and very fast spring greens that roll really well. I'm terrified to see the speed in the middle of the summer.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Champlain may be 42$ but they give you a free pass for weekdays (or did dont quote me on this) so it's really 21$...

Putter icesebg is on a distinguished road

Emerald Links

Has anyone played this course yet? What shape is it in?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Pineview Championship course
    an oxymoron if there ever was one.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I played the East yesterday and found it in great shape, no wet spots at all and decent roll. Had a great round
    Quote Originally Posted by icesebg
    Has anyone played this course yet? What shape is it in?

Putter icesebg is on a distinguished road
    Were they charging full price?

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I have my reciept here and it says reg 28 for 9 holes and it has a 5 dollar discount so 23 plus tax. Don't know what 18 is.
    Quote Originally Posted by icesebg
    Were they charging full price?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Played Casselview today and there are very few wet spots left, the greens are in particularly good shape. Starter and marshalls not quite in midseason form though. Despite the course not being too busy, our round was 5.5 hours. Although early for the tee time, we didn't get off the first until 20 minutes after our booking.

3 Iron Longball is on a distinguished road Longball's Avatar
    Played Emerald Links ( East-South) The course is pretty much dry, East greens have some dead patches but not that bad. South is great, greens are very green and the fairways are about as dry as summer.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Played Pineview today:

The course is in ok condition; rather dry most holes and the fairways rolled well. The greens were alright some better than others some still with dirt.

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Played Pineview yesterday morning. We were the 2nd group out just before 8am. Course was pretty dry but the greens were not in very good shape at all. Also, not all their tee box signs were up so we got confused a couple of times as we do not frequent there often. Course wasn't bad though The starter and marshall were very friendly.

Played Pakenham yesterday afternoon - Lake/Island. Course was very dry and they were allowing powercarts everywhere. Greens were very fast and played true. Fairways were green and in good condition. Definitely recommended for spring golf especially if you got them coupons from the red book.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Cobden

Has anyone played Cobden this year?

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Anybody played The Marshes yet and can report on conditions? I work in a building next to the course and at least one green (#10) looks like it had some winter kill.

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road

Marshes

Played the Marshes yesterday. Practically had the course to myself - got around in 2 1/2 hours. Though it looks brownish in spots, it's in excellent condition. Don't think its winterkill, just the bent grass requires a bit more heat and some water to green up. It was very dry and the greens were rolling true and mid-season fast.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Not surprised you say you almost had the course to yourself.... I've seen few people on it since it opened.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

smugglers glen

has anyone played smugglers glen yet/is it open??, also upper canada??
    any infowould be great..

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Played Club du Golf Arundel in the Mont Tremblant area on Saturday, April 22nd.
    They had the upper 11 holes open for play while the lower 7 holes are scheduled to open April 29th (weather dependant).
    Carts were allowed on the upper holes, all greens were real green and well covered although they were cut long. Considering the coolish weather the course was in very good early season shape.
    I would encourage you to take the time and have a round of golf at this course if you are in the Mont Tremblant area (pro shop 819-687-3292), it is the DEAL of the area at $35 to $38 per round.
    The bar and club house are open Fridays through Sunday, the beer is cold, the food is good, the club house deck and its view are hard to beat.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Smuggler's Glenn

My buddy played it Thursday and said it was extrememly nice and in very good condition
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar

Falconridge GPS

Has any played Falcon Ridge this year yet and can you confirm if they are offering GPS this year with their carts? I got one of their advertisement flyer things and it says a cart is $32 or you can get GPS for an additional $3 ($35). I'm assuming it is one of those handheld GPS gadgets since they have variable pricing.

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic
    Played Club du Golf Arundel in the Mont Tremblant area on Saturday, April 22nd.
    They had the upper 11 holes open for play while the lower 7 holes are scheduled to open April 29th (weather dependant).
    Carts were allowed on the upper holes, all greens were real green and well covered although they were cut long. Considering the coolish weather the course was in very good early season shape.
    I would encourage you to take the time and have a round of golf at this course if you are in the Mont Tremblant area (pro shop 819-687-3292), it is the DEAL of the area at $35 to $38 per round.
    The bar and club house are open Fridays through Sunday, the beer is cold, the food is good, the club house deck and its view are hard to beat.
    I have to agree with you, GM. Arundel is one of the hidden gems in the area. I play it at least once a year, usually in the fall. It's always in good shape and (other than the climb back up the hill from 18!) is fun to play. Makes a great one day excursion or stay at a local cottage (as we do) and make a weekend of it. Lots of good courses in the area. BTW, Arundel is owned by former Canadien Dickie Moore.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larry
    Has anyone played Cobden this year?
    Still haven't seen a reply to this. Also has anyone played Renfrew?

Played Dragonfly on April 14th and it was in great shape for April 14th, just a little wet on a few holes. Finished a rusty round with a bird

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played Renfrew last weekend, it's in great shape for this time of year. Very dry last weekend and the greens were in decent shape. Worth it for sure.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Looking to play Outaouais this weekend, anyone been out yet? Or Anrprior?

Quote Originally Posted by stevek
    Still haven't seen a reply to this. Also has anyone played Renfrew?

Played Dragonfly on April 14th and it was in great shape for April 14th, just a little wet on a few holes. Finished a rusty round with a bird
    Played Renfrew today (cold and windy!). It was in great shape. Most of the greens are still mending after drilling in the fall, but they are almost there. I had forgotten just how long a walk Renfrew can be, but we really enjoyed it and had a very pleasant round. It's really nice to have an entire golf course to yourself!

Definitely play there; you can't beat the $25 green fee!

Shagging Balls upanddown is on a distinguished road upanddown's Avatar
    played arnprior last weekend. i was disappointed - there was no yardage markers out, and fairways pretty shaggy. I'm sure it will turn around before long...

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMER
    Has any played Falcon Ridge this year yet and can you confirm if they are offering GPS this year with their carts? I got one of their advertisement flyer things and it says a cart is $32 or you can get GPS for an additional $3 ($35). I'm assuming it is one of those handheld GPS gadgets since they have variable pricing.
    FIne condition last weekend, easily the best of the 6 courses I've been too so far. Was walking so can't comment on the GPS situation.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Chateau Cartier today. Very soggy but there wasn't an overabundance of casual water. Play was pleasant in spite of the sogginess and a persistent strong wind! Greens rolled nice - should be in good to very good condition in a week or two if we can just get some heat outside!!!

Par CBrown is on a distinguished road

Glen Mar Conditions?

Anyone played Glen Mar yet this year? I'm hoping to make a quick run out there this afternoon and I want to know if I should be packing the rain boots.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Quote Originally Posted by CBrown
    Anyone played Glen Mar yet this year? I'm hoping to make a quick run out there this afternoon and I want to know if I should be packing the rain boots.

Thanks in advance for any comments!
    Let us know how is was. I'm going on Tues.

Putter drgc012061 is on a distinguished road

Glenmar

I was there yesterday...barely any moisture problems on the fairways....greens in excellent shape, overall I would say it's in mid to late June condition.... 9/10

Thread Information