Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Calabogie - Saturday morning 9:12
    Temp: -8*C
    Wind chill: -15*C
    Course frozen solid
    4 layers of clothes

Cost: $65 Green fee, gas, food, beer, bets

Maybe I am as nuts as my wife said I was.
    Nope. I am a golfer.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You're a brave, brave man BC. I would not dare to get out in that weather. But did you enjoy your day?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Lob Wedge jwishart is on a distinguished road

Champlain

Played on Sunday April 9 between rounds at the Master's. It was packed with extremely slow players.
    Fairways: think Ypres, 1916, especially on 7 and 18.
    Greens: south-facing ones are pretty nice for early spring. Very slow and shaggy for the most part. Some snow hazards still...
    Tees: dry, good shape.
    Still some ice on the pond at hole #4. But don't expect a bounce...

There was a guy selling hotdogs at 9 - thank god. I was so excited to get out that I forgot to eat lunch before tee-off.
    Let me add a plug for the OttawaGolf Club here - I'd rather be paying $22 to play Champlain in these conditions than $42 or whatever they're charging these days...

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Manderley - April 8th and 9th

Great conditions .. paths are mucky, but overall the course is in good shape....very few times when I had to take a casual water drop.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

7 Iron Frewcrew is on a distinguished road

Renfrew Opens Friday (Good Friday)

The course has dried nicely & the greens look great. They are offering a $25 Green Fee & the carts will be going out. I'll update the conditions after my 11:00 game.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Wooooooo hoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Frewcrew
    The course has dried nicely & the greens look great. They are offering a $25 Green Fee & the carts will be going out. I'll update the conditions after my 11:00 game.
    yippieeeee

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Frewcrew, I just made a time for friday

I love that course !!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar

Calabogie

Just got back, Now I play here every spring and this is the best I have ever seen the greens, they are firm and putt fast for this time of year. You still can't drive on the road behind #15 green green for the snow but has no effect on the hole. I like where they now have the new ladies & men's tee on 17 high and dry. It is worth playing agian. And yes Carts are out and can go most places.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Played Manderley today and it is drying nicely. The Central course is playing as the front and still has some muddy spots (paths) and puddles (not too big) and the North is not bad at all. It is playing soft. Some plugged balls, and not much roll.

The greens on Central were punched in the fall and still need a bit of time to fill in, but rolled ok. Not tooo bumpy. The new greens are great.

The course seems to have wintered well, especially the greens. I didn't see evidence of the winter kill we saw last year all over the region, but until mid May when it gets filled in with healthy green it's hard to say. I'm no greenskeeper despite my "user rank"

It was a spectacular day and I even got to play a hole with GBower! Nice drive Gerry!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Was a nice day at Manderly. As Dan said it was wet on the front but the back was pretty good. Quite a diffence in the new and old greens. I couldn't get the ball to the hole on either the old or new although the new ones putted quite well. Wish I could have putted like I hit the rest of my shots. Only got to play the 18th with Dan. Thanks for the compliment on the drive. Going to Calabogie tomorrow and will definitely get back to Manderly. Not bad for this time of year.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Played Manderly Today:

I have to agree with the two posts above its is in good condition for this time of year. Played Central & North not sure about the other 9. I'm going back tomorrow it's similar to Casselview right now just alot closer.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Raceview

Played a quick 9 after work at Raceview - felt like I had the entire course to myself. It is in excellent shape - greens are a little slow but not bumpy. The hazard around #2 is a little bigger than usual and there is some water on #7 - but other than that the fairways are bone-dry (almost too dry). Nice little practice course for your irons, except for #7 of course (the 2nd-dumbest hole in the region).
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i am going to play Eagle Creek tomorrow, so i will report back on the conditions after i play

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    What are the green fee prices at Eagle Creek now Dave?

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Played Casselview yesterday. Course was wet but the greens like everyone has mentioned are in mid-summer condition. All courses should use hay in the winter to preserve the greens. unbelievable.

1 Iron B Nation is on a distinguished road

Nation and Manderley

Read somewhere on this forum that Nation was still very wet. It is actually very dry. Greens are in pretty good shape and course is playing very nicely. Some snow off the fairways but ground itself is fine. Only parts of two holes where you can actually feel water under you.

Played Manderley today, played North and South. North was pretty good, greens in excellent shape. South was pretty wet, nearly every hole had a lot of water under it, but still playable. Greens are in great shape for this time of year, which is by far the most important thing.

A little surprised to see how many pitch marks were on some of the greens. Only open for 4 days and already so many marks from people who don't repair them.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I just got back from playing the Creek and it is in phenomenal shape. No wet spots on the course at all, and the greens were rolling pretty good. They were slow, but rolled pretty true. Although there were no wets spots, there was not much run on the ball, even off the driver.

fee to play the creek ??

Hybrid Riddell is on a distinguished road
    played manderley yesterday- Greens were pretty good, but the fairways were very wet. Wouldnt expect anything more for this time of year though

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road

Eagle Creek

Also played Eagle Creek today and have to agree that it was in great shape though the greens were slow. No winter kill and the fairways were dry, almost too dry. They are charging full pop for fees ($75) but why not, the course is fully playable.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar

Raceview

Played 9 at raceview after work today.. only one wet fairway... couple spots of standing water on a few holes but was out of play (if you dont shank it). Had an enjoyable round..took 2.5 hours
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Chateau Cartier

My wife works there and she looked at the greens and said they were very very nice. They are better than last year already. The course plans on opening a week tomorrow.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    For those of you who played Casselview yet... just out of curiosity, is #14 a par-3 instead of a par-4???

It's a par 3 and everyone shoots from the same place; the lower part right beneath the new tee box is so bad that they shortened it as they dont want ayone walking there and if you did hit it there... Good luck . I'm assuming this is the one alongside the road?

Gap Wedge carnagenames is on a distinguished road

Canadian?

Anyone get out to the Canadian yet, playing there on Friday, wondering about the conditions?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Played Mountain Creek today with bobjones59. A little breezy and cool, but all in all a fun day.

Funny story, bobjones and I are taking our time enjoying the day, but two guys out of the blue are behind us on the 4th hole. We decide to wait and let them play through on 5. As one guy is teeing up his ball I noticed a Tourstage fwy wd in his bag. Hey, I'm a club ho and check eveyone's golf bag out. I ask him how he likes it. He says he just got them and really isn't sure yet. I take a closer look, notice the second one and ask him if he got them from a guy named Ray. Sure enough its forum member Roland and rezdue. Needless to say they were a little surprised to find out it was me, and right away wanted to see my golf bag. Looks like OG members are everywhere. Nice to meet you guys. Maybe we'll get out together for a round sometime.

The course was a little soggy, but playable. Greens rolled well, a bit on the slow side. But hey, its early season golf and we can't be too picky. I was just happy to get out!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Iknew you must of been golfing Geoff; the forums were extra quiet this morning

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Canadian

I played the Canadian yesterday morning and it was in great shape. The greens were punched from the fall and rolled a bit slow but no winter damage at all. Fairways were very dry and even got a bit of roll off the tee shots. They were charging full rate and giving a $10 coupon for the next time you play there. I actually used the red book coupon and played for $30. Enjoy your day there.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    haha,

OG was definitely representing!

It was nice to meet you and Bobjones too Geoff. Considering you shot an 81 today, I am sure you won't want to play with me! I sucked soooooo bad it felt like I had just started to hold a club for the first time in my life (and I am sure it showed too). I usually shoot in mid 90s but today was .....
    Almost sold my bag and all of the clubs in it to Trevor (Handle name Roland) for $5 at the end of the round.

Only positives today were:
    1) I got to be on a golf course.
    2) The guy at the cash did not take our money when we finished the first 18 and wanted to play another 9.
    3) It took 3 hours and 17 minutes to play the first 18!!
    Last edited by rezadue; 04-13-2006 at 05:50 PM.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

casselview is much dryer now than last week!!

Thread Information