100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

Need your advice!

I had a bakers cyst on the back of my left knee about 3 years ago and reinjured my knee again about 3 weeks ago. It's not healed up as of yet but a had a chance to play Nevillewood golf club and didn't want to pass on the deal. I played really bad for me and posted a 82 due to not being able to put much weight on my left side. My question is should I put this score towards my handicap and have people call me a sandbagger (my high score of last year was a 77), or should I just forget about posting any scores till my leg heals up totally? Thanks for any help, signed, The gimp!!!!

"Richard"
    You put scores before from april 15th down for handicappig purposes. I just found that out yesterday or the day before from dan. Has to do with weather and conditions... I guess it makes the courses harder than they actually are in terms of slope and rating

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ironmaster is in Pittsburgh, not Eastern Ontario. I am sure they have been entering scores for some time now.

Dunno if you should enter it or not. It's a good question.

"Richard"
    wow, there are guys from all over on this site. I never care to check, just assume they are from ontario.

I wouldn't enter it... not sure what the rules say when it comes to playing golf injured

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I looked over the USGA Handicap Rules and did not see anything pertaining to injury. You have to remember that your index is based on your best 10 scores out of your last 20 rounds. So by posting your 82 it should not have any effect on your current index.
    Hope this helps.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Nothing in the RCGA handicap manual. My feeling is that the score should not be entered. You could play 10 rounds that way and badly skew your handicap. Mind you I did enter my rounds that I played with my messed up neck and there were not enough of them to make much difference in mine.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Personally I would not enter them. If your cap went up at some point, you would have some upset playing partners if it were tournament golfing or if it was for a little side bet.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Nothing in the RCGA handicap manual. My feeling is that the score should not be entered. You could play 10 rounds that way and badly skew your handicap. Mind you I did enter my rounds that I played with my messed up neck and there were not enough of them to make much difference in mine.
    Dan... if I'm not mistaken, the rule is that you have to put in *all* your scores. If he is healthy enough to play, he should post the scores. They're honest scores (I assume). It would be dishonest to exclude them.

I suspect that as soon as his game comes back, his handicap will gravitate back to where it should be. In the meantime, will he have an advantage? Possibly, but probably not.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Well I think that I will post all of my scores and let the chips fall where they may. All my leagues are starting this week and I'll just post whatever I get. There is no doubt that it will effect my handicap cause I will be posting a lot of scores that won't be consistent with my last 20 scores, I think my handicap using my 10 worst scores at the end of last year was a 3.6 handicap idex, around 0 for my best 10 scores. I am usually very consistant with my scoring and thats why I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to put in scores that are so far out of caracter. My average score the end of the year was 70.2 so when you start turning in scores in the 80's I wasn't sure if that would be like cheating and I would take abuse for doing so. But I thank all of you out there for your sought after advice. Thanks

Thread Information