100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone out yet?

3 Iron twoputt is on a distinguished road

anyone out yet?

so has anyone had a chance to get out yet? I went out this afternoon to play at fanshawe, conditions were good for this time of year. Man am I out of "golf" shape, think my shoulder ached from my first drive on. My only goal today was not to shoot over 90, so it was a good day. only one birdie and a couple of pars, but no blow up holes, nothing over a double bogey. Nice to be out again!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    4 rounds in at The Trails as of Monday April 3
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

SNOW IS GONE
    Tee time at 4PM at Maple Ridge Weather looks good all weekend, 4 more rounds coming up

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you lol. I just wish my RM card would arrive already! - I did order it Monday though so I have nothing to complain about.

Sand Wedge GrassRootsTour is on a distinguished road GrassRootsTour's Avatar
    4 rounds under my belt here in south western Ontario. Too bad my kids are so young or I'd have 15 by now.

So I guess theres a trade off. Golf here is way more expensive but we get a longer golf season.
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Golf is not exspensive in SW Ontario
    There are many quality courses, all priced under $50 for green fees.
    All you need to do is use GOOGLE and find them.
    London for example has 3 courses operated by the PUC, $36 on weekend, $32 during the week.
    Ingersoll $49
    Indian Hills, $36
    Deer Run, Chatham, $18 play all day until May 15, 27 holes
    Sure a lot of the courses are not "TOUR QUALITY" but most public courses are not. If you know the area from here to Windsor, which is South West Ontario you can find lots of good courses for under $40.

2 Iron tickyboy is on a distinguished road
    I've only managed 3 18s, and 2 9s so far this year...darn exams and bad weather when I'm free. After tomorrow it's open season on birdies.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I've played 13 rounds so far this year; sometimes I feel like it's my 1st though. *cough yesterday* lol

PUMP IT UP BOYS. I have 16 rounds in and will reach 21 by the end of the month if the weather stays decent.
    Now that I am an OFFICIAL CLUB HO (according to Geoff, The President of Club Ho's) I have had 4 drivers in the bag so far and have now gone back to my old one from last year. How sad is that? I wanted an R7 with a NV shaft, got it, didn't like it. Traded it for an R5, didn't like it, so it went back for store credit today.
    I think I have the driver situation ironed out now! Now I better go buy a couple of new wedges, mine are worn out!
    Course has been wet though, hardly any roll. Greens are in good shape at Westminster, just slow as they have not yet cut them down to the normal height. Fairways are lush and green. It's going to be a good summer for golf.

Thread Information