100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prescott

Andru

Prescott

Played the Prescott today.

Got up got in my car and drove to Prescott. They had a spot for me as a single. And played a round. March 29th. How great is that. The course wasn't bad. No temp greens. The putting surfaces are actually looking very green. It could be a great golf season.

It just felt great to play real golf. For those going tomorrow. Have fun.

Cheers

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Very wet??
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    and I think the question on everybodys mind is... did ya break 100?
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

7 Wood dan_670_12 is on a distinguished road dan_670_12's Avatar
    im playing there saturday

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks for the insite, I'm there Saturday as well.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I'll be there tomorrow at 10:38. For kicks, I'll post a follow-up review too.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny
    Very wet??
    No not really. There are spots that are a bit wet but i did not have a soaked lie all day.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Can't wait, playing Sunday morning.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Can't wait, playing Sunday morning.
    Me too.
    Everyone who is playing on Sunday - don't forget to put your clocks ahead 1 hour. It would be a crying shame to be late for the first tee time of the year.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Me too.
    Everyone who is playing on Sunday - don't forget to put your clocks ahead 1 hour. It would be a crying shame to be late for the first tee time of the year.
    you are a good lad for reminding everyone!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Is it right next to St. Lawrence river? Have anyone find it to be a windy course?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Just got back from the round at Prescott and I'm quite amazed at the shape of the course. Not a puddle to be found, and very few soggy spots. Greens rolling good but a little fuzzy and some aeration holes still present. But its golf and had a great time. Just wish the swing decided to make the trek down there with me. FORE RIGHT! Not cool.

But anyone going down won't be disappointed. Have fun and enjoy the day.

BTW, first birdie of the year playing with me goes to downhillslider. Nice one. I was closer but couldn't read a putt to save my life today.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    What's the cost at Prescott right now and how far is it again from the 416?

$25 and they are allowing carts. But not sure of price of those. As for travel time, depending on how fast you drive, from the 417/416 it should take you about 45-50mins.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    Course is in great shape for March. Greens are slow and bumpy. Hard to hit it hard enough. I was playing decent until the hook decided to show up. Yikes..

Had a great time and nice to meet everyone.

Cheers

Like wise East Coast. And if I'm in your area I will look you up for a game.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I must have been right behind you Geoff, I finished on 18 at 5:30. Nice enough conditions for sure, I do not think we will be so lucky as to have dry conditions like that here. Pretty wide open course, nice to start off the year
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

You would have been a little behind us. We were done just after 3 and then headed to the deck for a cold one. Great day.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Just wish the swing decided to make the trek down there with me. FORE RIGHT! Not cool.
    Care to post the score for us

I'm guessing w/ a little rust, the putting etc, about an 85?
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yeah boys, i need to hear some scores here. Johnston i'm looking at you.

Close Nat, 88. Considering how poorly I was driving the ball not all that bad. I was three for three with trees through three holes if that tells you anything. Think I hit one fwy and only 2 greens. OUCH! Hope those numbers improve as the year progresses. Thank god I can putt.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    under 90 in ottawa in march ain't too bad

btw I FINALLY got to the range the other day ... can't wait for the course!
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Just got back from the round at Prescott and I'm quite amazed at the shape of the course. Not a puddle to be found, and very few soggy spots. Greens rolling good but a little fuzzy and some aeration holes still present. But its golf and had a great time. Just wish the swing decided to make the trek down there with me. FORE RIGHT! Not cool.

BTW, first birdie of the year playing with me goes to downhillslider. Nice one. I was closer but couldn't read a putt to save my life today.
    Played with the young guns yesterday from the TIPS !! Sakaruba 34, East Cost Golf 28, Geoff J. 30ish,The persistent S.W wind turned Geoff's power fade into a slight slice, Sakaruba's attitude on the course has a breath of fresh air East coast's misses of the tee; 250+ down the middle with a slight draw was quite borring to watch after a while, thank god that nasty hook appeared in the latre stages
    My birddie put was not a DOWNHILLSLIDER. I missed 4 or 5 three footers,found 1 water hazard and stickhandled around a bunch of greens for solid first round 90.

I would have posted last night, but the older guy was in the rack @ 8:15

Had a great day guys !!!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer
    and I think the question on everybodys mind is... did ya break 100?
    Yes I did even with some ridiculous 3 and 4 putts.

I'm loving my wedge play. beautiful pitch shots from eveywhere. Landing pin high. NICE!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I shot a 96 yesterday. I was two groups in front of Geoff, it seems! The higher score than usual was due to 4 times - 4 times! thinking "it's the first game of the season, I don't think I can make it with this club so I'll take one more" only to hit it perfect and watch it sail over the flag and land 10-15 feet behind the green.

To top it off, I could not find ONE distance marker on 18. I hit a decent drive down the left side and tried to figure out how far away I was. I decided that the shot felt like a 9 iron. I thought I nailed it but it came down about 25 feet beyond the green - and the pin was front left. I pitched decently but missed my par putt. I settled for bogey.

So I cost myself at least 5-6 strokes due to bad club selection and by doubting my abilities due to it being my first game out. I need to get my distance estimator calibrated before the next game! I'll play again tomorrow if there's a break in the showers. If not, it's off to Cedar Glen on Sunday!

I have to say that the conditions were supreme for this time of year. My feet never got wet, I never froze despite not wearing a sweater or jacket. The skies were blue, some greens were... green. What a start - and on the 30th of March to boot!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I had a great day there yesterday. It was a little windy, to answer a previous question, I even have some tan/windburn on my face. That course was as dry as we would see here in late april early may. I'd reccomend the course to anybody.
    My game was rusty. I had a 7, a 9 and an "x" on my card (which was kept mentally only) but I think I had 5 pars to go with around 40 putts.

All in all glorious, I was stunned how nice it was for March 30th! Nice to meet a couple other Forum users also.

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    I threw out my score card on 14, I probably would have been around the 83 range. Short game was crap and the hooks did not help. But the company was stellar.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston

'nuff said
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Pitching Wedge puttputt is on a distinguished road puttputt's Avatar
    Have never played this Prescott course but I have heard mixed reviews from different sources.
    Thought I would ask the question on this forum to see what everyone thinks of this course.
    Tough? flat? boring? ........ would love to hear all your input on this course.
    Looking to book a tee off time next week sometime, so add some meat to your comments.
    Thanks

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    My opinion

It could stand to be a bit longer with one or two less short doglegs, but it's a decent course, nicely kept with interesting holes.

Thread Information