100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I'm kind of a glass is full kind of guy.
    fair enough....the daigle experience has soured me on that though

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    It’s a bandwagon. Some people jump on it every time and some people watch it go by and crash before the finish line cause it does most often then not.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

1 Iron B Nation is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Like the Dandy Man used to say - you're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.

Dandy Man was by far the dumbest man I've ever heard that actually had his own radio show. He was really sepecial.

powerdriver
    Can't beat women, and yet she can compete with all but the top 3 men in the world? That's a highly logical argument if I've ever heard one. The fact that she's never won an LPGA event, let alone made a cut on the PGA tour is surely the ultimate proof that she is as good as everyone on the PGA tour. How did I not see it before? I must be blind. Thank you for showing me the light MrMulligan. I was a fool to have ever questioned her completely unproven ability to win tournaments. What was I thinking. I will never doubt her again.
    She is a 16 year old girl, playing part time while she continues her education. She hits it a mile, and is still growing both physically and mentally. So what if she hasn't won? She has only played in a handful of events and has performed quite well. Her unproven ability to win? Isn't the fact that she is 16 enough for you to believe she will win? She is going to own the girls once she starts playing full time and she will win on the PGA!

Call me a troll all you want boys. If I get banned for voicing my opinion and not agreeing then so be it. I would rather get banned then sit here and listen to all of this dribble and not speak up!

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    I don't understand people who say she can't even beat the women. Everytime she tees it up on the LPGA tour, she beats 90% or more of the best womens golfers in the world. And this as a 16 year old, part time golfer. When she decides to go at it full time, she will dominate the ladies game. And she will not be satisfied to be a big fish in a little pond. She will take on the men and while she may not chalange Tiger or Phil, she will be competative.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    fair enough....the daigle experience has soured me on that though
    Ha Daigle woudl sour anyone. That was a horrible experience for Ottawa. That's probably why Ottawa is getting so much good karma these days. Look at their low draft picks turning into stars. that's not just good management there's some luck involved here too.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    She will play some PGA events, nothing will stop the exemptions. She may even make a few cuts. But she'll never crack a top 10 and won't get in the top 125 on the men's money list. Morgan Pressel is a much more accomplished female golfer around the same age. A little bit older is Paula Creamer, also much more accomplished. Every golfer was a student at 16 and competed.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

powerdriver
    Never? As you once asked of me, where are the facts to backup such a bold statement? Never you say?

Just one fact. One will do and I will go away.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    For those who missed the 60 Minutes feature on Wie - they pointed out that both ticket sales, and TV audience go up by 50% when Wie plays - on either the PGA or LPGA. This is what entitles her to an exemption, even though the chances of her winning on the PGA are astronomical.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Ya, but the guy nailed it on the head, that attraction will only last so long without the W's.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

powerdriver
    Ya, but the guy nailed it on the head, that attraction will only last so long without the W's.
    can't even come up with one simple fact yet you continue to post your dribble...

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerdriver
    can't even come up with one simple fact yet you continue to post your dribble...
    first of all, its pronounced drivel.

Second of all, there are more facts behind the statement that she won't win on the PGA tour than to support the assertion that she will:

Facts against winning on PGA tour:
    Her winning percentage on the LPGA tour is 0% - that's a fact.
    Top tens on PGA tour - 0 - that's a fact.
    Percentage of cuts made on PGA tour 0% - that's a fact.

Facts for winning on PGA tour:
    feel free to fill this one in powerdriver. Please, show me something to actually try to convince me that she belongs there. If you can, I geniuinely want to know.

Before you repeat: "300 yard drives, 16 year old girl" for the billionth time, remember this - people on this board can hit 300 yard drives...none of them will ever make the tour (sorry guys ). If she wasn't a 16 year old girl, nobody would know she existed. Remarkable player for a 16 year old girl, but we wouldn't even be having this conversation if she was a guy. She's just another drop in the pond when compared to the PGA players. If 300 yard drives made a PGA player, there would be about 50000 tour players. They don't.

powerdriver
    oh you are a smart guy thanks for the lesson in dribble vs. drivel.

But dribble means

"small trickling and barely continuous stream"

which is exactly what I keep hearing here. A trickling and barely continuous stream of pessimistic men! A bunch of pessimists who can't handle a woman/girl play in the PGA because she was given an invite.

This post wouldn't even exist if it were Joe Pro from wherever who was given the invite because he would be male.

I don't need to post facts. There are no facts that exist that will prove she will win or lose.

Thanks again for your research. Must have taken you at least 30 minutes. Good job!

Oh, if i mispelled or used the wrong word here or in my other posts, feel free to send me an update!

Take care, have a great evening!

Thread Information