CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

There is a noise coming from my driver

My old driver (adams rpm 10*) has a bit of a problem. There is a noise coming from the shaft. As if there is something lose inside it that rattles if you turn the driver upside down and back again. I'm going tot ake it to golftown to have a look but anyone have any idea what it might be? Its a fuji light 60g shaft reg flex. Anyone know how much it might cost to fix this? Is it as easy as pulling the shaft, flipping it over and letting whatever is inside fall out and then putting it back in?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    It may not come out. They will a)fill the head with rattle glue 2)put in a new shaft plug at the bottom of the bore
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

"Richard"
    do you know how much this will cost? its not a very expensive driver... probably only work $60bucks without the problem

and thanks

I'd say between $10 and $20. They got to pull the shaft out.
    Mahatma Gandhi

9 Iron chieflabattblue is on a distinguished road
    Hold it up in the air about 2-3 inches from your ear and shake once..then again...then again and then say Hello..and if it answers Thotho say Hello!!!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by chieflabattblue
    Hold it up in the air about 2-3 inches from your ear and shake once..then again...then again and then say Hello..and if it answers Thotho say Hello!!!
    I want some of whatever he (^^^) is on!! I'll pay top dollar for it Just kidding. It might sound stupid but I've done that minus the hello part. But I have talked to my clubs on the courses

"comeone baby, right down the middle. If you do that for me I'll give you a nice cleaning after." is my fav one for my driver.

For my putter I say "what the hell is wrong with you, how did you not get that in?" people think I'm talking to myself but I'm talking to the putter

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    If the rattle is coming from inside the shaft, pop the grip off and pour it out. There is no reason to pull the head. Sounds like a chunk of epoxy came loose from inside the shaft. Whoever assembled the club, or what ever machine assembled it used to much epoxy and the residual found its way up the tip.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    When you're in town give me a call and I'll take it out for you.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider
    If the rattle is coming from inside the shaft, pop the grip off and pour it out. There is no reason to pull the head. Sounds like a chunk of epoxy came loose from inside the shaft. Whoever assembled the club, or what ever machine assembled it used to much epoxy and the residual found its way up the tip.
    Not necessarily. I just reshafted a TM rescue with a rattle. The rattle was in the head which was sealed. I had to drill a hole in the bore to fix it. This is a guessing game.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    thotho, to clear some things up. If you hold the shaft out in front of you and tilt it back and forth do you hear the rattle moving along the shaft? If so, then probably just epoxy loose in the shaft. Then, do like some have said and take the grip off and shake it out. If you can't hear it running up and down the shaft then its something else and get a club maker to have a look at it. Hope this helps.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Is the sound helping your drives?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

"Richard"
    Fundonny... Driving better than JB holmes is right now
    Geoff, you aren't going to beleive this but the same thing happened to my 11* driver on sunday. I hit a 290 yard drive (wooohoooo) and after I hit it I heard the rattling in my new club. The first driver, the noise is coming from the shaft and goes into the head some times. The second driver, the noise is only coming from inside the head. It didn't effect the playability of either of the drivers but its annoying. I don't like hearing the noise when I wag the big stick before I hit.

Thread Information