CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar

Help w/ reading the accra shaft charts

I will be getting fitted properly for a shaft, but in the meantime I am playing around looking @ shafts, and was wondering if some ppl could help me.

I was looking @ accra's website, and they list shafts w/ specs as follows:

Flex (rated in M's), Weight, Tip Flex, MOP Flex. Torque, CPM, a few other specs regarding the shape @ size of the shaft.

Just wondering what everything means so that I can guestimate the correct shaft for me (just to give myself a starting point)

Thanks,

Nat
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Nat, if you are getting fitted let the club builder explain it to you. As long as he knows what he's reading all should be good. If he asks you what something means then pick up your clubs and run, RUN!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

lol, I'm confident that Don will know what to do ... just bored at work & dreamin of golf ... went to their site and couldn't really make heads or tails of the charts...more out of curiosity than anything .

You understand them Geoff?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I've seen the banner they had up at GW for a while. Only things I understood were:

Tip Diameter
    CPM
    Torque
    Butt Diameter

I think that's it!

Sorry I couldn't be more of help.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NWILLIAMS
    I will be getting fitted properly for a shaft, but in the meantime I am playing around looking @ shafts, and was wondering if some ppl could help me.

I was looking @ accra's website, and they list shafts w/ specs as follows:

Flex (rated in M's), Weight, Tip Flex, MOP Flex. Torque, CPM, a few other specs regarding the shape @ size of the shaft.

Just wondering what everything means so that I can guestimate the correct shaft for me (just to give myself a starting point)

Thanks,

Nat
    Well the flex in M's is M3 (reg), M4(stiff), M5(x-stiff)

9 Iron chieflabattblue is on a distinguished road
    if u wanted to fitted for a Driver with an Accra shaft. go to Golfworks, they have Demos for you to fitted with with different flexes and lofts for drivers and all with Accra's. They have a person there that knows all about Accra's and has the new SE80*. He should work for Accra with his knowledge. They will fit you with the proper Accra shaft and the head that suits your ball flight and cary that you want. Golfworks carries a lot of Accra's in stock more than anyone else.. that should tell you something what they think about all of the Accra's..
    Just putting my 3.99$ cents can not say 4 ( Jewish) ....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I thought it was two cents worth but I guess with inflation! Golfworks is good but I would stick with Don, a little local guy who is building a business and is never too busy to help you out.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ya, I'm going t obe heading back to Don for sure... as I said above, I was just bored @ work and wanted to learn how to interpret all th ose #'s on the chart no intentions of picking it out myself.

9 Iron chieflabattblue is on a distinguished road
    Nothing wrong helping the "little guy" as I am the little guy...I want the best person in the business with all the toys and knowledgs to help me...and above all I want the person who has everything in stock and not has to order product because they/whomever has to order stock.. Just like the car dealers and everyone else..I want to see people with inventory to give me all the choices and items so I can see/touch for myself. Seen to many ppl come and go ( little guys) with little knowledge and stock trying to be one of the big boys..does not work..How many guys/gals ..lets be honest go to Golftown to see all the goods and then try and find certain items at another place Cheaper to save money. After all we all want to get the best deals and save money but most important I want to see it all if I am paying...do not want to do the catalogue ordering thing when ppl can not stock inventory.

Yes/No/Maybe????

2 Iron SkinDawg is on a distinguished road
    no doubt about it

Thread Information