Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Need to stop pulling my short irons as much
    Lower amount of putts per round
    Not kill Sandbagger on the course
    Hit more greens
    Stick with the equipement i have
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    My goal is to play as well as I did last year (played way over my head) and also try to play at least one round 5 under the course rating. Last year I never got better than 4 under course rating. Every other stat except F.I.R. would be hard to improve upon so I just hope to repeat.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    ok, here are my official goals. (although the original goal I posted is official aswell )

Putting
    1. Less putts per round. Won't set a definative # here as the putts per round is relative to my GIR's and iron play. We'll just say that I want to be happy w/ my putting stats.
    2. Find a putter and stick with it. Have been through a lot of them over the last year, and would like to find the 'perfect' putter.

Wedge Play
    1. Increase save % from trap and chips
    2. Decrease ft to pin avg. on approach shots 30yd-100yd

Iron Play
    1. Increase GIR's
    2. Increase Par 5 on in two's
    3. Decrease ft to pin average on approach shots 100yd+

Woods
    1. Increase Fairway %

Tournaments
    1. Be a useful member of the Ryder Cup team
    2. Not get completly swept in the cleaners and CTP
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    1. Win the MDS Nordion 5k race in the 60 -64 age group on May 27, 2006.

2. Maintain the #1 position on the OVGA senior ladder.

3. Maintain the level of play, (12 FW & 14 GIR) through 2006.

4. Continue a fitness routine of running 5 days a week, weights 3 days a week and stretching 7 days a week.

5. Make it 4 in a row in the club championship(dreamin' in techni-colour) and senior CC.

6. Be the "Keeper of the COIN."

Pitching Wedge GrantTotten is on a distinguished road
    My goals for this year:
    1. Have a good time
    2. Relax on the course (get too tense/frustrated, trying to analyze swing problems)
    3. Take 3 lessons
    4. Work on my short game a lot more
    5. Beat my golfing buddy 4 or more times
    6. Get out and play more than I did last year. Maybe a membership at Riverbend or Richmond as they're close, and relatively cheap.
    Argh! Another slice...

Lob Wedge RangeRat is on a distinguished road
    Break 80 5 times, only once last year but that was a personal best.
    1iron driver
    1iron, 3w,5w,7w,
    1iron 3-pw
    SE 600wb pw and sw
    SE Strike Line I putter

Putter hfinch is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I wouldn't worry too much about where your handicap is. I would look at where your strokes are coming from on those bad holes. Keep some stats and see if they are coming from penalties, bad recovery shots from sand traps, forcing recovery shots because of bad shot selection, etc. Then concentrate on fixing those issues. I did that one year by working on my sand game which would cost me 2 or 3 strokes per game and reducing the number of penalties per round. If you can drop a couple of strokes per round that way, that's huge when you are a 12-14 handicap.

As your handicap gets lower, the variance in your scores is less and less. This makes the changes in your handicap less dramatic, unless you shoot a really low round, which seems to make your handicap drop a lot faster than it does when it starts to increase, lol!
    My goal is to consistently average 85 or lower which on my course translates into a handicap of around 17-18 about 3 less than where I am now. It should be a fairly modest goal but it's proven tough to get my scores lower.

I really like this suggestion about tracking the bad scores and then concentrating on doing something to get rid of them. I suspect that aside from all the other things I am trying to do to improve, this may be the biggest key to achieving the goal. Thanks.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I'm always nervous about these threads, because they create self-induced pressure to perform and spawn expectations that can be unrealistic. But I'll give it a shot.

The long answer:
    Play better golf more often.

The short answer (IOW):
    consistency

The long-winded, gratuitous explanation (totally optional reading, written mostly for my own benefit so I can check back in the fall and verify that very little has changed):

1) Sometimes I get mistaken for a real golfer, because occasionally I have a technically-sound and good-looking swing (or so I've been told), and I can hit some beautiful, solid golf shots. Its probably a combination of a lot of luck and a little skill, but it feels good while it lasts.

'Cuz there are many, many times where I play like a total hack. Chopping down trees off the tee, re-tilling the soil with my irons, and my personal speciality - making people dance to avoid skulled wedge shots. You would be well advised to wear your hockey equipment when you're playing with me on these days! Its like I never saw a golf club before, and sometimes it gets so bad I can barely fit all the numbers on the scorecard! A Jekyll-and-Hyde thing. So Goal #1 - hire a hit man to assasinate Mr Hyde.

2) For some reason there are some things that I do fairly well that many golfers find difficult, like hitting and sticking a pin with a fairway wood or dropping a flop shot within 2 feet to a short-sided pin. Then there are other supposedly-simple things that I totally suck at - like hitting a green with a wedge from 100 yards or getting a simple chip to land anywhere close to my target. So Goal #2 - learn how to do some of the simple things well.

3) I like trying new equipment, but I've come to realize that its a distraction. Yes, I have found new stuff that I hit better than my old stuff - but it really hasn't made a big difference in my scores one way or the other. I've got some sticks I'm fairly comfortable with, so Goal #3 - my bag is really set.

4) Finally, I try really hard to improve my golf game. Sometimes too hard. I care so much about making quality shots and having a decent score, that I can only have fun when Dr Jekyll is playing. So Goal #4 - don't give a #$@* when Mr Hyde shows up, perhaps he'll get bored and go for a nap.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Pitching Wedge Golf_Putz is on a distinguished road Golf_Putz's Avatar
    Goal 1: end up in 'my happy place' after as many shots as possible
    Goal 2: rely less on 'the doctor*' and more on a good golf stroke to get there.

* Dr. McGillicuddy's Hot Cinnamon Pepper Shots - cures whatever ails you in your golf swing... or makes you care about it less. Played with a guy last year that pulled this out of the bag after one of my slice's and said "this calls for the doctor". Been smiling ever since.....

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    With the birth of my Daughter back in February, I realise that I won't get to the course as much this year. So to keep it simple:

1) Break 90
    2) Improve with the driver
    3) Improve with putter
    4) Improve around the green
    5) Enjoy spending time out in the open with my best friends playing the best game ever invented.

Lob Wedge RangeRat is on a distinguished road
    Well one in the bag, goal was 5 under 80 scores this year, posted a 79 at Bonaire in Coldwater today, Island and River courses. Missed too many birdie putts, scored 42 on the Island 9 and 37 on the River 9.
    1iron driver
    1iron, 3w,5w,7w,
    1iron 3-pw
    SE 600wb pw and sw
    SE Strike Line I putter

Albatross sandbagger72 is on a distinguished road sandbagger72's Avatar
    to hit the little guy driving the range cart
    Proost!

oh you ment distances lol
    Proost!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    well i think my goal is getting to a scratch, shooting underpar more than once a month. I am a 0.9 now, but getting to a plus handicap from a 0.9 is gonna be huge!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Get HC down to 5 or better
    Get a hole in one
    Have less putts per round
    Have more fairway per round
    have more GIR

Basically play better, smarter golf. This should last about 3-4 rounds!

After my first two rounds I think my goals this year should be:

Keep my handicap at 8 and hit at least one fairway a round, and it might help to 3 putt less then 5 greens!!!!
    Last edited by dbleber; 04-20-2006 at 06:50 PM.

has anyone gotten 4 eagles in one round
    Proost!

on this site i mean not in the pros
    Proost!

Sand Wedge GrassRootsTour is on a distinguished road GrassRootsTour's Avatar
    My goals include getting 150 tour members. Seeing 100 of those members at each event in '06. Bringing home the hardware at at least one tournament. And I'll throw in breaking 70 just for good measure. I have never broken into the 60's anywhere, incl the local muny and its buggin me. I've been 4 under on the front nine and not broke 70 that day. Ouch!
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Drop my index from 9.8 to 7.x

Break par for 9 holes more than once

Take some afternoons off to spend with my daughter at the course watching her learn the game for life

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    After yesterday's round of 85, I have to add a new goal to my list: Break 80

"Richard"
    My goal is to shoot 85's regulary. These lessons are really helping a great deal and I'm already scoring better. Shot an 88 yesterday. Thats pretty good for me

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny
    "be the ball Danny"

nananananananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

my goals:

1.make intersectional team

2. kick asses of opponents in intersectionals

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger72
    has anyone gotten 4 eagles in one round
    I don't know anyone that has had 4 eagles in one 18 hole round, but I did eagle both par 5's during league play once,it was only 9 holes. It made the newspaper (must of been a slow newsday!). I also was playing a game of pitch and putt with a guy and he had 2 holes in one during one round, admittedly the holes were only 50 to 70 yards long but it still was fun to watch!!

"Richard"
    My other goal is to get fundonny really drunk at stonebridge at the end of the season and have him make a fool of himself. He is a sports fan, shouldn't be to hard to get him to drink

Thread Information