CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Glenn Adams

Ottawa Golf Tour

Does anyone have more information on who to contact for the Ottawa Golf Tour for 2003? Myself and a couple of buddies are interested. How does it work; pay a membership and the green fee every week? Please let me know. Cheers.

3 Wood golfdoc is on a distinguished road

Opinion

The Ottawa Golf Tour is a very good idea. You get to play all over the city with a good bunch of people.

Unfortunately, there are no discounted green fees, so you are always paying weekend rates.

The Handicap system used for calculating net scores favours the high handicappers.

As a low handicap golfer, my scores are very consistent and only vary by 2 or 3 strokes each round. This makes it difficult to win low gross scores against 25-30 handicap golfers. These are golfers who may shoot 92 or they may shoot 110. There is a big range in their scores.

If you are joining to have fun and meet new people, it is a great idea. If you are joining to try and make some money along the way, make sure you are a mid to high handicap.

Just my opinion...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    While your point is well taken, the OGTour is not meant to be competitive golf at a high level. It is modeled after member's competitions played at country club courses everywhere.

I agree that low handicappers vary less round to round than do higher handicap players.
    However:
    You are under estimating the level of players in the tour at this time. The average handicap factor is 17.8
    We have 51 players on the roster
    0 - 10 = 5 players
    10 - 15 = 13 players
    16 - 20 = 9 players
    21 - 25 = 12 players
    25 & up = 7 players

Our tour winner this year is a 14 handicap. I consider her to be a very good player. She was not outdistanced by a 25 handicap player, and she is 19/51 in the handicap ranking, meaning that she beat more than half the players with more generous allowances.

By the way... Low handicappers have a distinct advantage on closest to the pin, since thier iron play is certainly sharper.

Pretty evenly spread.

And yes, we do have a lot of fun, just read a few threads in our OG Tour Events forum, and you'll see.

We will be announcing our tentative 2003 season and starting early bird registration as soon as we have worked out some details. Probably towards the end of October.

All the info for this seaso's program is at www.ottawagolf.com/tour Contact Steve or myself if you have questions, or ask here.

SteveKaram@OttawaGolf.com
    DanKilbank@OttawaGolf.com

Thread Information