CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

Sand Wedge randle_solo is on a distinguished road

Smile Greetings

Hello everyone:

I discovered this site while searching for info on OEM & components. Glad to find another forum that is Canadian, I've been on the TGN site.

My name is Randy, try to play, enjoy watching, talk golf...I try to go to the range once a week. I've been hit by the bug for about 5 years now. It's also a habit...stopping at just about every golf shop & checking out new stuff and looking for bargains.

Seems to be a great site and I look forward to providing some comments, and getting some good info.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Welcome aboard Randle Solo (Hey I once owned a set of SOLO Golf Clubs )
    You will find a wealth of knowledge on this site regarding OEM and component products. Plus you will enjoy the banter amongst the others who like you are addicted to the game of golf.
    Have fun.
    Rick
    AKA Golfbum
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Bum are you by any chance on TGN too?

Were you at FGO?

I was there and heard someone talking about TNT Grinders & S59...conversation sounded familiar...

The one and same as TGN, I really prefer this forum though.
    Yes I was at the FGO sale, and I was at the store the following week to help unload the truck.
    If you heard someone talking about the TNT Grinders that was likely me, no one else owns a set of those that I know of! Maybe Dave Barr still has a couple of sets kicking around
    Beautiful irons, look like new and I have hit the 8 iron and it was an awesome feeling!
    Way better than those old Solo's I had years ago! I wish however I had kept those sticks.

Small world...you were there unloading while I was checking out the merchandise. Next time I'm in St. Thomas I'll keep an eye out in the store.

[quote=randle_solo]Small world...you were there unloading while I was checking out the merchandise. Next time I'm in St. Thomas I'll keep an eye out in the store.[/quote

Sure thing, next time you are there we might bump into each other. Are you from this area or did you come in from out of town?

I came from out of town, just visiting...I came down for the March Break and played 36 holes during the weekend so I missed the annual sale. Oh well, there's always next year though.

Hey Golfbum, I need your input on something...since you seem to be into forged blades...

Ever hear of Swing Sync irons? they are a blade type set...from appearance they look like a progressive cavity-blade combo set.

I've got a buddy who's selling his stuff. The set has seen some European Tour Action (the real deal) and I am guessing it was a test trial set, I'll find out more details later. Anyways, my buddy ( a CPGA, can't name names), he's getting a whole new setup from Taylormade and he's looking to unload.

I am very tempted with the irons. They're 3-SW with DGS300 shafts, all freq'd out and weight sorted, the works. Is this too good to be true? The heads are good, mild bag chatter, and the grooves are good. I feel it may be time to take the next step and upgrade because my swing & game are getting there. Also it's another excuse for the urge to get "newer" sticks.

I currently play cavity backs...so these sticks would be a magor upgrade from cast Mizuno T-zoids (still good) to the coveted forged. I am going to test ride them at the dome to see if they fit my style...hopefully they will. Would be too sweet to pass up. Then again...patience is key so I may have to try them on the course, as long as no ones picked them up.

So let me know if you've heard of these blades and or any reviews...I can't find much on the net...just a flash movie at the company site.

Quote Originally Posted by randle_solo
    I came from out of town, just visiting...I came down for the March Break and played 36 holes during the weekend so I missed the annual sale. Oh well, there's always next year though.

Hey Golfbum, I need your input on something...since you seem to be into forged blades...

Ever hear of Swing Sync irons? they are a blade type set...from appearance they look like a progressive cavity-blade combo set.

I've got a buddy who's selling his stuff. The set has seen some European Tour Action (the real deal) and I am guessing it was a test trial set, I'll find out more details later. Anyways, my buddy ( a CPGA, can't name names), he's getting a whole new setup from Taylormade and he's looking to unload.

I am very tempted with the irons. They're 3-SW with DGS300 shafts, all freq'd out and weight sorted, the works. Is this too good to be true? The heads are good, mild bag chatter, and the grooves are good. I feel it may be time to take the next step and upgrade because my swing & game are getting there. Also it's another excuse for the urge to get "newer" sticks.

I currently play cavity backs...so these sticks would be a magor upgrade from cast Mizuno T-zoids (still good) to the coveted forged. I am going to test ride them at the dome to see if they fit my style...hopefully they will. Would be too sweet to pass up. Then again...patience is key so I may have to try them on the course, as long as no ones picked them up.

So let me know if you've heard of these blades and or any reviews...I can't find much on the net...just a flash movie at the company site.
    Hmmmmm I can not find anything on those irons either, at least by using Google.
    3 of my 4 sets of irons are forged. One thing I do like about them is the ball/clubface feels less harsh to me.
    That said, if you hit those irons well and the price is right then buy them. Then get on the lie board and have your lie angle checked and have the irons bent if need be.
    You might want to put a post under the Club Builders section to see if anyone else has heard of those irons.
    Post some pictures if you buy them, I am curious to see what they look like.
    Too bad you missed the sale! Tons of bargains.

Thread Information