100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3295
    I still consider the up-hill par 3 at Montebello (I think it's no9) to be a Mickey-Mouse design.
    They were making changes to that hole last year... New green on the right hand side. The ditch will no longer be in play unless you duck hook the ball...

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    My vote goes for #17 at Chateau Cartier... I don't think I've played a golf hole in my life I hated so much...

Shagging Balls upanddown is on a distinguished road upanddown's Avatar
    agree with mulligan - I think #16 at le dome/hautes plaines is a stupid hole

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by upanddown
    agree with mulligan - I think #16 at le dome/hautes plaines is a stupid hole
    I agree as well but at least it is a par 5 and opens up once you get passed the hill and the corner, 17 at Chateau cartier just plain sucks!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    17th at chateau cartier ain't that bad. It's a 180 yrd shot uphill and the ball comes back the odd time if you hit the back stop (trees). When i played there as a youngster i used to hit driver half way up the mound, chip up and sometimes i got close enough to make the par

to be honest i don't hate any specified hole in the area. yes some holes maybe stupid or simple but every hole needs to be concurred with fine shots

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    I really enjoy this hole. Especially when the pin is on the middle tier. This hole demands that you know your iron yardage and you better hit a good shot. The way a par 3 should be. Additionally that little bit of water in front of you just to mess with your heads....

I love that hole!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    # 16 par 3 at Lock March. Better be on the right tier or short of the green.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Worst hole

Quote Originally Posted by 3295
    Used to be no 9 at Tecumseh where you had to play ar par 3 over the passing cars in the main entrance with cars roaring by on avenue St-Louis. But they made some improvements last year.
    No I still consider the up-hill par 3 at Montebello (I think it's no9) to be a Mickey-Mouse design.
    I made a hole in one last september on 9 at Montebello, so it's not the worst hole for me.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    No. 9 at Norway Bay. Some of the regulars just walk in from the 8th green. Makes no. 10 at Falcon Ridge look good.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Have to play it to believe it

Quote Originally Posted by larry
    No. 9 at Norway Bay. Some of the regulars just walk in from the 8th green. Makes no. 10 at Falcon Ridge look good.
    It is the worst hole in the region, for so many reasons.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Any hole at the old Dome...what's it called now? Yes, it's been that long since I last played there.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf
    #12 Canadian West - The one with the 135* dog-leg
    Yes, it's a poorly designed golf hole but it is probably my favourite hole on the course. For a lefty, it's just a hard 3-wood or a sliced driver to hit your tee shot on the green and have a nice little eagle putt. I look forward to the 12th hole every time I play the Canadian. The problem is if you can't hit it 230 yards or more, you can't get past the trees and end up with a silly shot over the trees to the green.

I love the 12th hole, it's my favourite at the Canadian! If every par 4 was 420 yards, it would be a pretty boring game.

SH

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Sphere Hunter opines

For a lefty, it's just a hard 3-wood or a sliced driver to hit your tee shot on the green
    Except that it's a totally blind shot and usually there will be people on the green...

....what sux the most about it, is that if you want a clear second shot at the green, you have to drive it past the green in the fairway, then hit back to the green.

....but yeah, if you've got the course all to yourself, bombing the green is a riot.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    I think the most irrational hole is the old #15 at the Riverbend. The Blue tees are the men's tees at the Riverbend, it's a pretty short track, but of all the stinky holes there and in the area, I think this one takes the cake.

It's a really, really short par 4, maybe 320 or less, but the tee shot is a forced carry of 180-190 over water. You can't bail out left, cuz there's a huge pine tree, and you can't bail out right cuz there's a creek and a row of trees. You'd think the architect would have some place to make a safe shot that doesn't have to fly 190. There are plenty of men and seniors for whom a 190 carry over water is just not going to happen.

....then again there are some very small pool tables at Edgewood that you couldn't hit with a lawn dart.

...and what about the Centennial with it's 3? shots over greens or tees? For a 9 hole course to have any shots that are purposely aimed over peoples' heads is just amazing and ludicrous. I'm surprised they haven't been litigated into obscurity.

But, for courses that take themselves seriously as 'championship' courses?

Eagle Creek #14? ...didn't anybody notice it's a par 5 if you can't fly it 200yds?
    Stonebridge greens (many of them) are so contoured that if they cut them as fast as Augusta, you couldn't play in 5 1/2 hours there....
    The tree in the middle of 4E Emerald...? and 15 Greensmere??

...but I've never played Falcon Ridge, it sounds much worse.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

AlMan42
    Number 6 on the North course at The Meadows.

Number 4 on the East course at Emerald Links.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm changing my vote to 17 at Cartier. I walked the course, like I walk almost every course. When you get to the 17th, and you're feeling a little gassed, what a hike. Crazy! Plus, the hole itself is ridik. I shot a 5 iron, figuring that was the club. I'm watching it in the air, looks good, then it lands about half way up the hill. I flopped up to the green and two putt for bogey. I dislike that hole big time. At least I shot a 94 and shot par on the 18th to finish up.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    I'm changing my vote to 17 at Cartier. I walked the course, like I walk almost every course. When you get to the 17th, and you're feeling a little gassed, what a hike. Crazy! Plus, the hole itself is ridik. I shot a 5 iron, figuring that was the club. I'm watching it in the air, looks good, then it lands about half way up the hill. I flopped up to the green and two putt for bogey. I dislike that hole big time. At least I shot a 94 and shot par on the 18th to finish up.
    What's wrong with a bogey on that hole? I don't like it either, but if I pick the right club (usually a 7-wood for me) and make decent contact then I usually end up with par or bogey. At least at this time of year there's a good chance your ball won't roll down to the bottom of the hill!

Now go try Falcon Ridge #10. A bogey is a minor miracle there, and 11 and 12 are almost as bad. The few times I play FR (its 5 minutes from my house), I don't even bother keeping score, and I only play #10 if I remember to pick up a couple of range balls on #1.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with a bogey on any hole. It's the doubles + triples etc that demoralize you! Essentially it's messing up off the tee which is the bane of most high handicap amateurs.

I was lucky to get the bogey. I'm more annoyed with the climb on the second last hole of a golf course. They should make it hole number 2 or 3, when the legs are fresh.

I was lucky to get the bogey. I'm more annoyed with the climb on the second last hole of a golf course. They should make it hole number 2 or 3, when the legs are fresh.
    I guess you take a cart for Mont Cascades then!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

You walk Cascades???? Terry, you're hardcore! I walk almost every course, but not the cookoo ones.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    I guess you take a cart for Mont Cascades then!

Is the answer to your sig. democracy?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Number 4 at Edelweiss. Click on the following link to view it.
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/edelweiss/ then click on course tour.
    No wonder they call it toughest hole on the track. If you lay up you've got 210 yards uphill with a very narrow fairway . Par there is a bonus.
    BTW Dan. Beautiful pics.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Is the answer to your sig. democracy?
    Nope. Andy4Par posted the answer in another thread.

Its the lyrics to a tune called I'm the Slime that popped into my head after the Rogers/TGC thread last week. The next line(s) are:

...I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

You will obey me while I lead you
    and eat the garbage that I feed you
    until the day that we don't need you
    - don't call for help, no one will heed you.

Your mind is totally controlled.
    It has been stuffed into my mold
    and you will do as you are told
    until the rights to you are sold.

...from the album Over-nite Sensation, released in 1973. Things haven't changed very much.

You walk Cascades???? Terry, you're hardcore! I walk almost every course, but not the cookoo ones.
    C'mon now sonny! Surely you can keep up with an over-weight asthmatic who's almost eligible for the Senior's Tour!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Nope. Andy4Par posted the answer in another thread.

Its the lyrics to a tune called I'm the Slime that popped into my head after the Rogers/TGC thread last week. The next line(s) are:

...I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

You will obey me while I lead you
    and eat the garbage that I feed you
    until the day that we don't need you
    - don't call for help, no one will heed you.

Your mind is totally controlled.
    It has been stuffed into my mold
    and you will do as you are told
    until the rights to you are sold.

...from the album Over-nite Sensation, released in 1973. Things haven't changed very much.

Can you tell that I am a over thinker?! I thought it was going to be something really deep and intellectual.......too funny.

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    The correct answer to this question is:

#9 Norway Bay.
    This hole is the hands-down winner. If you've never played this cottage course, there is no way to describe how dumb this hole is. Honorable mention to 18 at Glenmar and the horseshoe green, and 4 at Metcalfe.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    If we are really talking about the poorest designed hole I'll throw another vote in for #18 at Glenmar - personally I wouldn't want hackers chipping off of my greens, but then again I don't own or design golf courses.......hounourable mention for me goes to #16 at Haute Plains - ever played that one with a strong wind blowing into your face??

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm going to have to change my vote to #12 at the canadian. I hate to do it, as I love the course, but it is such a frustrating hole. I've played that course about 30 times, and I think I've hit it in regulation twice. You have to hit your drive perfectly from the whites, about 210-220 yards, and then shoot BACK around the corner. If you're even a tiny bit short of the corner, you have to either go through, over, or around that cluster of trees, to a very thin green.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I said it once and I'll say it again. #11 @ Arnprior. A par three of less than 100 yds and a green so severly sloped back to front that unless you hit a Top Flite XL2000 Extra Distance you have next to no hope to hold the green. Don't know how many times I've hit a great shot into that hole only to see it spin back into the pond. And if you happen to find the back bunker, good luck on getting your ball to stop near the hole. Splash into the pond again.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

5 Iron priorlad is on a distinguished road

Number 11 at Arnprior Golf Course.

Geoff: A "great shot" doesn't spin back off the green into the pond. An overcooked sand or lob wedge might. Try a knock down shot here instead. Little spin, controlled flight. I was 3, 3, 3 on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. If only I could putt!

Thread Information