100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Par stinger is on a distinguished road

prescott and Emeral LInks - OVGA A class question

Looks like the guys in A class will play Emerald Links and Prescott for the first two rounds...then Rivermead - should have low scores this year in the first two rounds....?! I"m still new to the OVGA, but wouldn't they want to give local golfers a chance to compete on the best tracks in the region. (this isn't a knock on EL and Prescott or the OVGA, I'm just curious)

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger
    Looks like the guys in A class will play Emerald Links and Prescott for the first two rounds...then Rivermead - should have low scores this year in the first two rounds....?! I"m still new to the OVGA, but wouldn't they want to give local golfers a chance to compete on the best tracks in the region. (this isn't a knock on EL and Prescott or the OVGA, I'm just curious)
    Golf in Ottawa and region is hugely popular(no kidding) and most if not all of the tournament type courses, are very, very busy. Understandably, many are reluctant to give up their course for even a day, as it inconveniences members and reduces revenue.

The OVGA AND CLGA combined, are having difficulty getting the top quality courses for their tournaments, and as a result there are more and more semi-private type venues that are being used. In years past, the C & D, A Class Championshp was always played at the Royal Ottawa, Hunt and Rivermead on Friday through Sunday. Now it is on Monday to Wednesday on 2 other courses and the third round is usually played on the course that hosts the Alexander of Tunis, when the field has been cut down to only 24 or so. It is unfortunate, but that is today's reality. At least our region has an excellent ogranization(OVGA+CLGA) and we have tournaments in which to play.

Looking down the pipe, I predict that we will become the eastern region of the Golf Association of Ontario(GAO) and the Tunis and Kent will not exist for us. Within 5 years?? I have no inside information.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Looking down the pipe, I predict that we will become the eastern region of the Golf Association of Ontario(GAO) and the Tunis and Kent will not exist for us. Within 5 years?? I have no inside information.
    I agree with that assessment, but don't expect the QGA to give up without a fight.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    I agree with that assessment, but don't expect the QGA to give up without a fight.
    My gut feeling is that the terms of the divorce will be mutually agreeable.

Thread Information