CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

New adams RPM LP faiway woods

I had posted before that I couldn't pick a fairway wood because they were all the same to me. I was trying them off a tee and off the turf but couldn't find one that worked for me any better than the rest. It was either good off the tee... Didn't really find many that were easy to hit off the turf until I tried the RPM again today. The face of the wood isn't very tall which made me thing I wouldn't be able to hit it off a tee but it was fantastic off the turf. Its so easy to get the ball in with this club. The prolaunch shaft helps as well. Problem still remained that that I needed something that I could hit off the tee. The guy at GT told me to just tee it up really low... so we found a tee that was that low.. I hit a few and the thing went FAR! After the first shot I told him to get them ready, I'm buying them. GOt the 3 and 5... so, finally my set is complete. I'm really happy with the purchase. I don't use woods that often off the tee anyway so it is more important to be able to hit them off the fairway, out of the rough.. but its good to know if I need it off the tee I can give it a rip. I usually just go with driver. If where I want land my ball doesn't reruire a driver my 19* TM utility is usually enough club to get it there. Pretty pumped. If your in the market for some woods, give these ones a try. The short face really helps off the grass (atleast in the simulator it did)

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Glad you like them. I've had Adams GT irons in my bag forever and a Redline Titanium 7-wood that I've been hitting very well at the dome all winter. Tried the 460D driver and the A2 irons at the golf show and was very impressed. Without a doubt Adams clubs are the most under-rated sticks out there.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

"Richard"
    yeah, I agree 100%. I've found you can tell how under rated a club is if its $400 + tx at golftown and sells for $150 brand new on ebay (adams RPM dual 460cc driver)... but then again that is the same theory I use to see if the public thinks a club is crap. Example, wilson sells a putter for $250 and I think its crap and it sells on ebay for $60... so I guess if you find a good deal on ebay its either under rated or its crap... ahahah

but in all seriousness... I think adams is one of the most underrated golf companies out there. They make great drivers, fairway woods and utility clubs. DOn't know much about their irons but I did like the adams watson wedges

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    I switched to the Ovation fairway woods for their low profile also. They're terrific clubs from the turf and tough lies.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

thotho,
    You use the Grafalloy Prolaunch shaft with your woods - I did the shaft fit at the true temper site today and that, in a reg flex, was basically the recommendation. Nice shaft?

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorth
    I switched to the Ovation fairway woods for their low profile also. They're terrific clubs from the turf and tough lies.
    Lovely, another user. Are you planning to use them off the tee as well? If so, how low do you think is to low to tee them up? The guy at GT said, don't even tee it up... it gets it into the air so well that you don't even have to tee it up... but it sees stupid not to tee it up if you have the option to. Did you get the regular ones? draw bias ones or the tour ones? If I do tee them up I will tee them so low that the head of the tee is just about the grass

I tee it up like it's a par 3. Just like a nice soft lie in the fairway - maybe a finger thick. Even with just the rubber tee on the driving mats I found I could actually whiff right under it when I first tried them last year so I keep it real, real low.

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorth
    thotho,
    You use the Grafalloy Prolaunch shaft with your woods - I did the shaft fit at the true temper site today and that, in a reg flex, was basically the recommendation. Nice shaft?
    I just grabbed them cause they were the last two left. I kept my reciept and will go to another golftown and see if they have other options... if I can get it in the NVS gold I might do that, the ball flight with the wood is pretty good and I doubt its the shaft but we'll see. I had this shaft in my driver last season when I was hitting straight through the ball and it helped with my launch angle, this year I'm tilting my left hip a little towards the target and hitting UP and through the ball so that is fixed my low ball flight and if I do that with the prolanuch the ball goes way to high so I am now using the NVS gold in my driver. I still have to get custom fit for my driver at arista and if he tells me to pull the shaft I will. I have two drivers, th 10* adams redline rpm and the 11*. as soon as he tell me what loft is good for me as well I will sell the other club

Thread Information