100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar

Finishing my swing

I have come to notice over a few video's of myself that i seem to have a hard time finishing my swing witch i am starting to think is whats causing me to leave the club face open. Now keep in mind I am a righty but play left ( and no thats not my problem! )but I have noticed that i am alot less flexability in my left sholder then i do in my right and have a hard time making a high finish.

If any one has any drills on completing a good finish could you please let me know or any ideas at all

Thanks

Gropper

"Richard"
    I just try to have the shaft touch the back of my neck on the follow through but before that I pretend there is a ball a few inches infront of my ball and I'm trying to hit that as well... then touch shaft to neck, its helped me a lot (on simulators, who knows about what its going to do on the course but following through can't be a bad thing)

6 Iron Thimble is on a distinguished road
    as long as the clubhead is following a decent path immediately after contact, it shouldn't really matter where it ends up in the end (think justin leonard).

extremely extended follow thrus have probably been more responsible for injuries than any other part of the swing.

one follow thru drill that might help is this one:
    no ball. set up normally. place clubhead about a foot and a half behind where the ball would be, slightly open faced. hit thru from here and continue to a full finish.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimble
    as long as the clubhead is following a decent path immediately after contact, it shouldn't really matter where it ends up in the end (think justin leonard).

extremely extended follow thrus have probably been more responsible for injuries than any other part of the swing.

one follow thru drill that might help is this one:
    no ball. set up normally. place clubhead about a foot and a half behind where the ball would be, slightly open faced. hit thru from here and continue to a full finish.
    Would you agree that what may happen immediately prior to impact may have an effect on what actually happens just after?

If a golfer tries to finish high or extend down the line, the odds are very high that the face will be open and that the club head path will be inside/(good)out(bad).

Justin Leonard's finish indicates good connection between the left upper arm and the chest, AND that to swing ON PLANE, the hands come around, not down the line.

6 Iron Thimble is on a distinguished road
    Would you agree that what may happen immediately prior to impact may have an effect on what actually happens just after?
    of course!
    If a golfer tries to finish high or extend down the line, the odds are very high that the face will be open and that the club head path will be inside/(good)out(bad).

Justin Leonard's finish indicates good connection between the left upper arm and the chest, AND that to swing ON PLANE, the hands come around, not down the line.
    yeah. it ain't that graceful lookin' , though!

Thread Information