CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger woods....

"Richard"

Tiger woods....

How is this even possible???

At the ripe old age of three Tiger shot 48 for nine holes and was featured in Golf Digest at age five.

How does a 3 year old shoot a 48 on nine holes? What tees? Following all the rules?

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Probably the same way the great one out scored his opponents at the same age.
    Sheer talent!
    May have only been a par 3 course?
    Cant imagine a 5 year old getting enough distance to do that!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I also find this very hard to believe. There might be some portions of the story that have not been told. They will only report on the amazing stuff, they might omit to say that it was minigolf or a very short par 3 not following all the rules.

My 2 cents
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    I was sailing a 25 footer at the age of three and nobody ever wrote about it, what I do not say, is that the boat went where it wanted, not wher I wanted it to go.
    In the case of Tiger, If it not true, at least it is a good urban myth.
    Must be mini-putt, he has a natural talent with the flat stick...
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Yeah but he probably choked on his back nine and shot 50 His Dad probably told the story and I doubt Mr. Earl Woods lied.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    How is this even possible???

At the ripe old age of three Tiger shot 48 for nine holes and was featured in Golf Digest at age five.

How does a 3 year old shoot a 48 on nine holes? What tees? Following all the rules?
    Say it with me... Pro-di-gy.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    I understand that but seriously... 48 on 9 holes?? at age 3??? Last year was my first full year and I only started playing 1/2 through the previous year and I still have rounds where I shoot a 48 on 9 holes! I'm 6'1, 185lbs and it really good shape and i can't imagine a 3 yr old beating me on a couse! Physically it doesn't seem possible for a kid that age and size to be able to even hit the ball far enough to do this. What about sand? how does a 3yr old get the ball out of the bunker? There has to be a catch. Par 3 course? 5 shots per hole and then 6 on 3 of the holes??

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I agree with you Thotho on that one. Imagine a three year old kid palying a 350Yd par 4. you need an avg of 116 yd per shot to make it to the green in 3 and it leaves you 2 shots to get bogey. Shooting 48 averages out closely to bogey golf. It doesn't leave much of a margin of error
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    A great UK band for sure

That Earl Woods though, he's just fulla sh*t

Andru
    Guys it was a 48 on a pitch and putt. If your'e debating whether he coudl hti the ball or not See the Mike Douglas show with all that pressure. He could hit the ball. Straight.

if you saw the footage of his swing at age 4 (That Tiger DVD collection ) you'd just fall over. He's one in 5.6 billion at this point. He has the edge like Lance Armstrong, Wayne Gretzky had an edge, a sixth sense about the game. You can't measure or explain it. All you can do is admire it.

Golf isn't that difficult. It's how you're taught. If you want to fast track. Learn from the green out. if you spend an hour of practice. Spend 45 of it putting and shortgame and 15 on the full swing.

Once you get to a point where you can throw down 20 balls in diff spots around the green and get up and down 70% of the time. You'll be a 10 handicapper even with a less than perfect action. Then focus on your action and you'll be shooting single digits by next summer.
    Last edited by Andru; 03-16-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    If your'e debating whether he coudl hti the ball or not See the Mike Douglas show with all that pressure.
    Isn't that the show where he deftly drained that 4 inch putt?

Let's face it, at 3 years old there's really no pressure other than that on the parent who's living vicariously through his child.

Besides - 48 on a pitch & putt? I could have smoked him.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    You guys are so cynical!! Do you honestly think that he scored 48 on a 3200Y 9 hole. Come on guys, he was three, no mater where his dad teed the ball on every hole, he still played 48 in 9 holes.

I have Tigers DVD collection and this kid was amazing at the age of 4.

Tiger played a par 5 in 11 strokes at the age of 18 months. He could hit tennis balls on his knees swinging a cut off vacuum hose before he could walk.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

"Richard"
    Can i borrow someones tiger DVD set next time i'm in ottawa? I would love to spend a day watching it! Maybe we'll go for a round and I'll get the beers!

Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    He could hit tennis balls on his knees swinging a cut off vacuum hose before he could walk.
    I can already see the Golf Channel infomercial - (voiceover) 'This vacuum hose is what made Tiger the world's greatest golfer. Get yours for only three equal installments of $39.99 and watch your drives go POW!'

"Richard"
    I think POW is already copy written

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's the perfect lethal combination. God-given athletic talent. A father who was motivated to create the opportunies so that his son could succeed. And a son who is driven to be the best, and actually loves the game he's playing.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information