100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

r5 fairway woods???

has anyone tried them? I appears I'm not done tweaking my set yet. I was thinking of pulling the lob wedge which would leave me space for a driver, 3w, and 5w....

i have it narrowed down to the G5, R5m of the new Cobra F speed...

any thoughts? I've hit them all at golftown but I can't tell the difference. I'm not good enough off the grass anyway yet and need to take lessons. Its the weakest part of my game for sure. I missed them all just as badly, I hit them just as far on good hits and the launch angles were pretty much the same so I have to go based on feedback

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Why go on someone else's feedback? They aren't using the club for you. If you've hit them all GT you should have an idea of which one gives you the best feedback. Which one gives you the best feel in your hands and during your swing. And which one looks the best to you. Go by what you think, don't base your decision on what others say. They can provide input but in the end its what works best for you.

Now if you hadn't hit them and really wanted to buy these without hitting them then feedback is the only way to go.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 03-16-2006 at 02:06 AM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    honestly geoff, I can't figure it out. I need something that is good off the fairways but something i can also use off the tees. If the face is to shallow (callaway x) then its going to be harder for me to hit off the tee. If its to big then its great off the tee but not the greatest off the fairway. Still no clue and I want to get them before my golf trip. It was supposed to be last week but got pushed back until next week. I've hit almost every fairway gwood at GT and for some reason I can't tell the difference between any of them. Iron, wedges, putters... no problem. Even drivers, no problem but woods... I just can't tell.

I think its time to just suck it up, get some woods and take them to the range and just keep working at it. So I guess the question is based on design which woods are best for a 13.8 handicap whos biggest problem is fairway woods out of the fairway?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Why not try low lofted hybrids then? TM makes 16* hybrids, Nickent makes 14* hybrids I believe. If you find you hit irons better go that route. Some hybrids are more iron like. Try looking into those.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information