CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

graphite vs. steel

I got my new 16* TM rescue club in steel instead of graphite and in reg flex instead of stiff. Is a reg steel club the same flex as a stiff graphite? my driver is a stiff graphite shaft and and when I put the club down on the ground and lean on the butt end of the club it bends just as much as the reg steel shaft on the rescue club. Will I be ok with a reg flex in steel? Or should i return it for a stiff flex and have the shafts on the 19 and 22 degree clubs to stiff as well? I swing my driver at 105mph. I went into to golftown and I hit the club in reg and stiff and I didn't notice much difference in ball flight or distance. I guess I won't really know until I get out to a range. The other option is to return the club and get it in graphite stiff and change the shafts on the other two utility clubs to stiff graphite.

please ignore the "my set is complete" thread... ahahah

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    There are a couple of issues with the shafts in your set. The TM hybrid steel shafts are a light weight steel with a mid bend point and fairly soft tip. The DG shafts in your irons are a heavy, high bend point shaft with a very firm tip. If you hit the Rescues fine in the SIM, you should continue to do so on the course.

Leaning on the club will tell you nothing about the dynamics of the shaft during the swing. At GT, I get a good laugh every time I see a customer grip a club, waggle it violently and proclaim to his companion that the club is too "whippy". That type of assesment is inaccurate and a complete waste of effort.

Trust what you see in flight and feel at impact.

Thread Information