CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    allanhouston90

Tip for the day, from Joel.

Most poor bunker shots are caused by fear. The average golfer thikns in terms of skulling the ball or leaving it in the bunker. The remedy for this is to hit your sand shots without any fear. Use an agressive stroke that cuts through the sand blasting the ball out. The best way to eliminate fear in the sand is to hit a lot of practice shots until you feel very confident in your ability. Most average golfers never practice this shot then pay the price for it on the course.

Cheers, Joel

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    hehe, and do be careful where the bunker is located, the practice one at Emerald links is facing a car park!!!!!!!! I aggressively tried one last year and sculled it over the green and into the parking lot where cars were parked, I was lucky that the ball didn't hit one. P.S. I don't practice from that bunker any more. and if you park opposite that bunker then good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by allanhouston90
    Most poor bunker shots are caused by fear. The average golfer thikns in terms of skulling the ball or leaving it in the bunker. The remedy for this is to hit your sand shots without any fear. Use an agressive stroke that cuts through the sand blasting the ball out. The best way to eliminate fear in the sand is to hit a lot of practice shots until you feel very confident in your ability. Most average golfers never practice this shot then pay the price for it on the course.

Cheers, Joel

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    hehe, and do be careful where the bunker is located, the practice one at Emerald links is facing a car park!!!!!!!! I aggressively tried one last year and sculled it over the green and into the parking lot where cars were parked, I was lucky that the ball didn't hit one. P.S. I don't practice from that bunker any more. and if you park opposite that bunker then good luck.
    Oh great, she is even practicing that part of her game. Please remind me if I ever join a foursome of yours, do not let me bet on the outcome of the game!.... LOL
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information