CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Artisan Golf - any feedback?

What has been your experience with this company? so far everything I've been hearing is fantasitc. Can someone post what they got, how much it was, the process involved in head selection and shaft selection? Also, what were the gains you noticed? Thanks boys really excieted about this

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Hey, just like everyone else, I have not but good things to say.

I went to Artisan 2 weeks ago for a full fitting. We spend 2 hours going through everything, Don is very personable and it was a lot of fun (not to mention useful).

We decided that Accra's were probably best for me, and that a 3/4 extension would be perfect. He didn't have any accra's w/ 3/4 extensions in lefty so he said he'd make 3 for me to try for the next week.

I came in last week (Don was away @ a golf show) and tried the 3 he had made for me, and tommorrow I will be going back in to finalize the decision and drop off my clubs ... They should be ready within 3 days.

I haven't had a lot of experience with different fitters, but even os, I can say Don's great at what he does, and you couldn't get a fitting from a nicer person.

Only downside are the hours he keeps. 9-5'rs will have trouble getting setup as he's only open for 3 hours on Saturdays.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I just went for a driver fitting session about two weeks ago. I believe the cost was $50. He just got me to try different drivers, that had different lofts, different shaft lenghts, diff. flexes and heads with different face angles.

I was actually very impressed. I learn that i should be using a 10.5* driver in stiff with about a 44.25" shaft length to optimize my numbers. With this combo i was getting about a 11* launch with 3000rpms. I was surprised because the last driver i used was a R7 8.5* with 45" shaft, so obviously this fitting is gonna help me out. The new combo actually gave me a couple more mph of swingspeed and a better average drive distance, as well as tighter dispersion.

I would highly recommend it.

"Richard"
    well sounds like its a done deal. I'm going to go see him end of march. How much did it cost for the fitting, head and shaft???

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

You cant go wrong

I have been to see Don for the last 2 years to get my driver fitted and he is interested in what you want to accomplish. He is very consciencious and knowledgable. I will be tweaking my R7 again this year by going with a lighter Accra shaft and increasing the head weight. I am sure my flex will change with these changes but I will rely on Don as always to get my swing weight right. Once I have played a dozen games with the new irons I will be in to get them set with the proper lie angles. This is the best value money you will spend on your equipment.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    I would also recomend "downhillslider". Nice guy, knows what he's talking about, well priced and isn't restricted to 9-5. Just picked up my clubs not too long ago and was quite pleased with the overall service and quality received.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thread Information