100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

The new Callaway X

What a great deal!! If you buy the driver and the fairway wood they will knock $25 off the total AND give you a box of $60 callaway balls!

I'm getting the callaway 4W 17* for sure, just undecided about the driver. Maybe if they keep the balls and take the price of the balls off the driver I'll go for it.

"Richard"
    The reason I'm undecided about the driver is that I was only hitting it a few yards farther than the 4w. I know the numbers aren't right cause I can't hit a 4w 260 yards (100mph). The driver was going almost the same, sometimes a few yards more and sometimes a few yards less depending on if it was a fade or a draw. Anyway, anyone know why a 10* driver hit at 105mph would go the same as a 17* 4w hit at 100mph?

Should I maybe look at another driver?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Driver

Hey thotho, has your driver been fitted to your swing or are you buying off the shelf? Just wondering as that may have a lot to do with it. Maybe the shorter 4w is being hit on the screws and has the perfect lie angle for you therefore maximising distance.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    yo man. did u hit that 4 wood vs. driver outside? or at a GT sim?

"Richard"
    golftown

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I tried this driver the other day and hit it on the screws about 10 times in a row.

Each time it went dead straight, but the launch was quite high. There was 0 roll according to the sim, and it was SHORT (25-40yrds shorter than all the other drivers I was trying).

Sims are known for punishing high launches, and this may be the case with the Cally. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the yardages are so close...I'd try outside before buying.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    The deal from Callaway at Golf Town and elsewhere I presume is straight forward.

Buy a driver..............free HX Tour balls

Buy a driver and fairway wood............$25 off and free HX Tour balls

No other combo discounts or deals are available.

"Richard"
    I know the good old boys at golftown, I'm sure I can get them to knock the price of the balls of the driver. Balls don't have much mark up so even if I tell them to take the COST of the balls off the driver I'm sure they will do it. IF they don't, but it away, come back later with te pack of balls and exchange it for something that you need that has a higher mark up so they are happy. More money in their pocket.

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    Sorry amigo, but that is not going to work. The balls are supplied from Callaway on a credit back basis and your way would lead to an inventory descrepancy with an obvious audit trail.

The rules of this promo are strictly defined in the email we sent to Leaderboard members. Your second method will not work either because the promo balls leave the store inventory under an SKU different from the retail HX Tour SKU.

"Richard"
    Hello, I did it last year when I wanted a utility club. I bought my friend his set of rac os 2005 and they were giving away free TM rescue clubs. I told them I wanted the sonartec instead and paid the difference. (toronto)

They honestly don't care because, you can easily just go back to GT say, hi i bought this hear and I want to exchange it for something and they will let you exchange it, or give you a credit and then put the difference in and get what you want. Worst case, if you are right I can get hte clubs, balls and then exchange the balls for something I like better...

Thread Information