100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Somehelp with my bag

So, instead of the r7 460 I went with the g2 11.5* reg flex instead. The next club up in my bag right now is a 19* TM rescue club. I only have room for one more club since I carry all the wedges.

My options are either a 15* 3w or a 16* or 17* 4w? What do you think? I was thinking of going with a 4w because it would be easier for me to hit from the fairway. But then I don't have a 3w, and I love hitting that off the tee... any suggestions? I'd like to have this figured out before the season starts so I have time to buy it and get a few days at the range in with my new clubs. Once I have my set no more tweeking (but thats what I said last year)

so.. can't hit a three wood that well off the fairway, can hit a 4w. I usually pull out my 3w when in the tee box if my driver is all over the place...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    With a difference of a degree or two, you are not going to lose significant amounts of distance. Go with club that you hit better off the fwy then. Pick the 4 wd. The distance will be negligable from the 3 wd and at least this way you have a club that serves two purposes instead of one.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    I guess if 2deg isn't going to make much of a difference I'll gow ith the 4 thanks

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    go with a 4+. It will have the head size of a 4wood, which makes it easy to hit off the fairway, and the loft of a 3wood for the tee.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Figure if you are going to spend $200+ on a club, you might as well be able to multitask with it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Good choice on the 11.5* G2 driver. With it, you won't need a 3 wood for off the tee
    Forget the 3 wood, keep the 19* as your longest fairway stick, drop the 3 and 4 irons and add the equivalent hybrids, then maybe throw in an extra wedge. If you're outside of 200 yards... lay up...
    Just my opinion based on the posts of yours I've been reading over the years. As always, other opinions may disagree.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    A fairway wood like mine might fit. I use the cobra sz 3 wood, which is an unusual 15.5 degree. Kinda close to the gap you want.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Thread Information