100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    You won't believe me when I tell you, but it's the gods honest truth I swear.

Callaway BB Warbird 11° with the stock M-10 steel shaft.
    I believe it. My big one (and the rest of them until I leave the ranks of starving students and enter the ranks of the employed) came with a Big Bertha Warbird 11* with the stock graphite shaft. That think rips through the air...must be the small clubhead

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    My longest was at metcalf with my 980f 3-wood.
    The one and only time i felt"diled in"
    Dont remember the distance but it was awsome!
    Havent come close with it since.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Me

Accuflex VS339 shaft

The almost irrelevant head was an SMT 455 Deep Bore

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Yonex ADX 400, graphite head, buggy whip shaft, ball go far.
    Crushed the face of the driver in 3 weeks. Chuck Brown's replaced it and I crushed that one in 3 weeks as well. They wouldn't give me another Yonex but replaced it with a Taylor Made with one of the first titannium heads Ti Bubble with an XXX shaft. That was the end of my TOBU mega launches but I hit the ball much straighter with the Bubble.

My best drive with the Yonex was a 405 yard drive on the straight-away, 505 yards, par five 9th hole on the Canyon course at Pakenham. With my second shot, I hit the green with a 3/4 lob wedge. That was fun!

SH

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    On your 3 wood, really? I am thinking of getting an Accra HF or a Tour series T70 on my 3 wood but didn't know how the Tour series played as fairway shafts. Did Artisan do that for you?
    I traded my old 3w at Chuck Browns last year. The Cleveland wood was already mounted with that shaft. Love the trajectory.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    I believe it. My big one (and the rest of them until I leave the ranks of starving students and enter the ranks of the employed) came with a Big Bertha Warbird 11* with the stock graphite shaft. That think rips through the air...must be the small clubhead
    My favourite driver before I got my Big Red II before last season was the original Big Bertha - 10.5* with a titanium shaft. I broke it 3 years ago on a simple drive on #2 at Cloverdale. Shocked the hell out of me. Turned out that the shaft already had a hairline fracture at the hosel and it was a matter of time. I got a new titanium shaft for it but it was never the same again.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere Hunter
    Yonex ADX 400, graphite head, buggy whip shaft, ball go far.
    Crushed the face of the driver in 3 weeks. Chuck Brown's replaced it and I crushed that one in 3 weeks as well. They wouldn't give me another Yonex but replaced it with a Taylor Made with one of the first titannium heads Ti Bubble with an XXX shaft. That was the end of my TOBU mega launches but I hit the ball much straighter with the Bubble.

My best drive with the Yonex was a 405 yard drive on the straight-away, 505 yards, par five 9th hole on the Canyon course at Pakenham. With my second shot, I hit the green with a 3/4 lob wedge. That was fun!

SH
    That's funny that you would mention it, but about 7 years ago I had a Yonex adx 300. And it was no doubt the longest driving club I have ever owned. The only trouble is that I cracked the face on it and they gave me a new one but told me that they wouldn't exchange it again, so I stopped using it(hell it cost 300 dollars at that time). I consistantly hit balls into the bushes at the end of cool springs driving range (about 330 yards down hill) with this club. It was amazing!!!! I took it to Cherry hills driving range and used to carry the ball into the middle of the lake regularly about 320 yards carry but really downhill !!!! I have never been able to hit a ball into the middle of that lake with any other driver.(I just google earthed that shot and it was 330 yards of carry but 67 feet downhill.) Thanks for bring back some really good memories.

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    Callaway Big Bertha Titanium 2004. I hit a bunch of great drives with her. Then all of a sudden I lost it. Oh well it was nice while it lasted.
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    My longest drive of last year and the year before (two longest ever) were with an 8.5° TaylorMade 580 Prototype, 400cc, with a 44.5" Harmon Tour Design CBX shaft and Star LeatherTac Smoothie grip.

Of course I sold it (?). I'll have to see how my two replacement 460cc heads work out this year.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    My longest was with a Taylormade 200 Steel. I almost equalled it with a TM 3 Rescue.

9 Iron Sparks is on a distinguished road Sparks's Avatar
    I hit the longest drives of my life this year with my Cobra 350 SS... subsequently, as per the club ho discussion, I bought the 454 Comp... but ONLY because it was an amazing deal!
    "I used to relax on the weekends... then I started playing golf."

3 Wood jet84 is on a distinguished road
    360 with my Mizuno MP-001.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    Hippo Giant 370 cc.

I have a 460 cc Hippo Giant also but the shaft is too long for me to control.

Both clubs marginal at best. Looking forward to the difference quality makes (that is a line from a commercial isn't it?).
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

9 Iron Vokey Design is on a distinguished road
    TaylorMade R580XD with a Graphite Design PURPLE ICE

awesome combo... looking for a purple ice for my new 905T

"Richard"
    r7 460 reg flex driver yesterday. 9th hole at don valley, hit a green from 320 yards out, I was 20 yards above the hole but still... then it hit the middle of the green and roled to the back and stayed on. Mind you, I hit the shot for fun because I had already played my iron off the tee and just wanted to see if I could hit the green to see if I can actually carry 290 on a perfectly struck drive... and I did. Went for all the short par 4's but that was the only one I hit. Missed the 18th and thats 20+ yards shorter. Great drver but to much money

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shovellover
    TM 580xd w/stiff GD Purple Ice

I see 3 votes for the 580xd. Makes me wonder why i don't have one anymore.

Might just have to fix that.
    I just tested this club in my search for a new driver. Loved it - only problem was the loft angle at 10.5 - too high for me -I need like a 9 deg

Longest drive was with a Callaway Big Bertha Hawkeye 9 deg with stiff stock shaft

Birdie srennick is on a distinguished road srennick's Avatar
    Used to be my Titleist 975JVS 8.5* with a stiff Graffaloy Blue Pro Launch shaft.....until I finally got my new TM R5 (Tour Issued) 10.5* with ION Diamana Redboard (Japanese Flowerband version) in S-flex, butt trimmed to play 45"....This thing is just SILLY long.

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    A cheapass 50$ 450CC Fairway (or Top Flite?) driver. Hit it 320 yards at Vieux Moulin on a par 5. Im guessing the ground was rock solid because I had never hit it close to 300 yards before (280 or so max). I was left with a 160 yards 2nd shot on a par 5.. that I muffed and sent in the water to finish with an 8, how nice.

Thread Information