+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Albatross sandbagger72 is on a distinguished road sandbagger72's Avatar

who has the longest drive

who on the forum has the longest drive?
    post and be honest lol.
    Proost!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Do you mean consistent or all time longest drive?
    I don't even use my driver anymore, I'd rather it in the fairway 90% of the time.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    I average about 275 off the tee.

My longest ever was on #18 @ Kapalua. Its downhill and downwind. 358 yards!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Not an accurate measure, but cut the dogleg of the 5th hole of the Canyon course at Pakenham. Plays 489 and had about 95yds left after the drive. So 394yds but you'd have to do some math to figure out the real yardage. I just like to tell people I was inside 100yds after my tee shot on a par five.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Not even close

I am not even close to that, I hit over 300 3x, once at 18 at Casselview from the tips I was 1 yd from the creek, once at Le Sorcier, 311yds, once at La Bête, severe downhill 326. I have since shoretened the driver length to be in the fairway and those 300+ yd drives are a thing of the past but funny thing my scores have improved.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Andru
    I needed a good laugh today keep it coming fellas!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    290 yards but i don't really try and go for that on the course as well i spray the bushes it's just not worth it but D@MN does it ever feel good

Consistently well I'm not consistent so I can't answer that

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    370 at the Karsten course at ASU, 10th hole.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Geoff, what's it take to drive the 1st hole @ Mountain Creek?
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

I think the hole plays 380 from the blues. But the last 20-30 yds are severly uphill. It is a dogleg though. Saw one member put it pin high to the right but did have a bit of wind helping him. But this is the same guy who put driver over the 6th hole one day on the fly, 335yds.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I've landed about 15yrds wide of the green on the right...but that's cutting a fair bit off the hole.

Best I managed this year was about ten yards short of the bottom of the hill. If you can hit it far enough, like it sounds like you did, down the right it takes the elevation change out of the equation when hitting into the green. Nice drive Nat!

But this is the same guy who put driver over the 6th hole one day on the fly, 335yds
    Forgot to ask, is this the one w/ the pond just short on the right side, before that 190yrd par 3?

I had a friend hit that green w/ ppl on it :| we had no idea it was reachable at the time and were lucky that they were more impressed than angry

190? Nat you must be playing the whites. You are correct though. That's the hole.

Ace shovellover is on a distinguished road shovellover's Avatar
    294 @ bearmountain in Victoria, BC.

580xd w/Purple ice stiff 10.5*

GPS on the cart verified it.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Last year after getting my new driver and adding about 15 extra yards off of the tee, I hit a great drive on the 447 yard number one handicap 8th hole, I wound up 105 from the pin (middle of green) it was the longest drive that I ever hit on that very tough hole. Everyone in the foursome was congratulating me on the length of that tee shot and when we start walking towards the green here comes another ball that rolls 10 yards past where my ball was sitting. Well I started laughing and said that had to be one of the shortest records in history!!! I saw the culprit in the clubhouse and told him the story and he said that was also the longest drive that he has ever had on that hole. I still enjoyed that shot tremendiously cause he's a long ball hitter and also 25 years younger than myself. I'm not a long drive champion but for a 50 year old fart I can still avg. 114 to 116 club head speed and 165 avg ball speed, and the one thing I do have is a fine short game.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    350 last this past summer down the concrete fairways of View Moulin. Hope to be seeing more of those this summer with my driver
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    We once drove to play Whirlpool at Niagara. Stop in TO for dinner and got back home before Midnight. Now that's long drive

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    Last year after getting my new driver and adding about 15 extra yards off of the tee, I hit a great drive on the 447 yard number one handicap 8th hole, I wound up 105 from the pin (middle of green) it was the longest drive that I ever hit on that very tough hole. Everyone in the foursome was congratulating me on the length of that tee shot and when we start walking towards the green here comes another ball that rolls 10 yards past where my ball was sitting. Well I started laughing and said that had to be one of the shortest records in history!!! I saw the culprit in the clubhouse and told him the story and he said that was also the longest drive that he has ever had on that hole. I still enjoyed that shot tremendiously cause he's a long ball hitter and also 25 years younger than myself. I'm not a long drive champion but for a 50 year old fart I can still avg. 114 to 116 club head speed and 165 avg ball speed, and the one thing I do have is a fine short game.
    What course?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    The name of the golf course was Butler's in Elizabeth Pa. It's a nice course and not to far from where I work so I golf in 2 leagues there. It's not a super tough course except for a couple of holes, this one #8 on woodside course (two 18's other course is called lakeside) is a very tough hole and I would consider it the toughest of all 36 holes.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Typical 240-250 carry, but one day...
    Played in a scramble at Cascades a few years ago. Dry as a bone. 5th hole, dogleg left. Crunched a perfect draw around the corner and the ball dissappeared. Walked down the fairway and I thought it hooked into the trees but instead had rolled way down the center of the fairway (slightly downhill, concrete conditions). Had 50 yards to green on a 416 yard hole.

Of course nobody could chip it close and we ended up with a par

350 last this past summer down the concrete fairways of View Moulin. Hope to be seeing more of those this summer with my driver
    Did this happen to be on the 3rd hole? I LOVE hitting a driver on that hole...nothing better than a Driver then a Sand wedge on a Par 5

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    The name of the golf course was Butler's in Elizabeth Pa. It's a nice course and not to far from where I work so I golf in 2 leagues there. It's not a super tough course except for a couple of holes, this one #8 on woodside course (two 18's other course is called lakeside) is a very tough hole and I would consider it the toughest of all 36 holes.
    Nice course I can see it on google earth. looks like the drive was around 300 yards nice hit.

Cheers

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger72
    post and be honest lol.
    Before moving from GTA I played 2 yrs ago at Hornby Glen. It was part of summer that was very hot, dried fairways. Fairway on particular hole slants slightly downwards towards green, 404 yards away.

I hit it 378 yards.
    Now compare that to my avg of about 200-220.
    I wish I knew what the heck I did, never could replicate it, felt like I barely swung at all (I know that makes no sense).
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sandbagger72
    post and be honest lol.
    400 yards
    #15 Mississippi Golf Club
    Through the 15th fairway, across #16 and OUT OF BOUNDS!!!

PS: The ground was frozen.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NWILLIAMS
    Did this happen to be on the 3rd hole? I LOVE hitting a driver on that hole...nothing better than a Driver then a Sand wedge on a Par 5
    Hmm, don't think it was that hole as I don't recall it being a par 5. Seems to me it was a par 4 415yd approx.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    It seems weird to me Andru that you'd check the distance of his drive. Why doubt someone who's done something they're proud of?

That's O.K. John, I sent him a little more info after google earthing the shot myself, it seems I hit it 327, I didn't tell him that I hit it thru the fairway into the right rough almost behind a small tree. He probably assumed that I hit it into the fairway, so it was my fault for not giving all the right info. It was still the furthest I have ever hit a ball on that hole.

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    Longest drive for me was 365, in the air with no roll.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It seems weird to me Andru that you'd check the distance of his drive. Why doubt someone who's done something they're proud of?
    Don't be so cynical. He's from Pittsburgh and I wanted to check out his home track. While there I tried to plot out his tee shot.

I've played the courses you guys mention so I can visiualize where the ball landed. In this case I don't know the course so I wanted to see it. Turns out I short changed him 28 yards because he was on the right side of the fairway ( farthest from the tee ) slight dog leg right to left.

I'm not doubting where ironmaster pounded that ball.

Thread Information